JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
WARNING: Thread Closure Imminent hahahahahahah, this thread is epic....what the heck is wrong with this, a gun site, guys talking about guns and the rights of those, and it somehow is wrong....me thinks its time to build a new and better web- page...hhmmmmm I think Slug might be the thing to try...

One of the best posts I have seen in awhile. :s0101:
maybe we should
:s0104:

AF5CF8CE-C8E2-4934-B387-D88394F1AD4C.gif

If what you're looking for is an echo chamber that only agrees with what you say (about politics and politicians in particular) there's always Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NY Times, Seattle Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, The Oregonian, Snap Chat, Reddit, any number of Union labor newsletters, etc, etc, etc..... none of THOSE venues advocate for abolishing the 2A.... I'm sure.
But, but, but, all those are just reasonable, moderate, intelligent sources, that gladly welcome dissenting views...:confused:

I have to say; this forum, by and large, is one of the most accepting gun forums I've seen, the most carefully moderated and least tolerant of harsh bickering and political attacks. What I've seen in this thread is nothing compared to the mean-spirited intolerance and bickering in other places. We've got members from all walks of life, and all kinds of opinions. There's a wide spectrum of political views represented here, far from being a "far-right echo chamber". Yes, clearly most of the membership is at least center-right in general, but it is a gun forum after all.

Those that come here and complain about dissent being shut down by the far-right echo chamber must have never really experienced much outside of their own echo-chambers. If you view any dissent from your views as oppression of some sort, then you have pretty thin skin. If your own little world only includes those with views similar to your own, and that's what you hear and talk about on a daily basis, then you're likely to see any degree of opposing view as radical.

My wife told me about some friend of hers who was ranting on Facebook a while back, something to the fact that while the world is full of right-wing extremists, there really is no such thing as a left-wing extremist. Well, I've got news- look in the mirror.

I've come to the conclusion that if you're unable to recognize extremism on your own side, then it's probably you. If anyone moderately liberal or conservative seems like a radical extremist to you, then you're probably pretty extreme yourself.

An armed mob stormed the Capitol building, attempting to (and succeeding in) interrupting the functioning of government. That's pretty close to a dictionary definition of insurrection. The degree of damage done is irrelevant (planted pipe bombs notwithstanding).
Wow My original reply to this got lost somewhere
Anyway, Look up insurrection. " insurrection is an organized opposition to an authority; a mutiny; a rebellion.
A key word in that definition is "organized" and that clearly was not the case there.

Last Edited:
I though about drawing a comment about that when I posted. I wish I had a prize for you seeing as you WON! :D I'm 100% sure my mom and dad created me and my brother. The other I'm not totally convinced of.
I had no idea three minutes of sweaty exasperation by your parents was the context of our founding fathers decision making process.

Wow My original reply to this got pulled for no reason.
Anyway, Look up insurrection. " insurrection is an organized opposition to an authority; a mutiny; a rebellion.
A key word in that definition is "organized" and that clearly was not the case there.
Yup! Nobody has really seen what an insurrection would look like within the US. I doubt we can even comprehend it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top