JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Knives, brass knuckles, and stun guns were found on rioters.
You're welcome.
This seems to me to be off topic. Humbly suggest you start a thread.

For this thread, I personally believe the Op is wrong and that he's (assuming gender a bit here) entitled to his opinion. He's not entitled to many people here agreeing with his opinion.

Say I liked coffee and decided to join a group of coffee enthusiasts to discuss all things coffee. Then I let it known to the other members of the group that I also supported a group that desperately wanted to ban coffee and have in fact succeeded in limiting availability and quality of the coffee they love. I don't think I'd be surprised if I sensed a little hostility from them. :s0092:

None of the Constitution is safe if we do not stand up for our rights. None of the Constitution is safe if our "leaders" subvert or attack it.
A right as serious as the Second Amendment needs to be upheld and defended way more proactively than just sitting in our safe space, with wishful thinking, hoping no one will come for us. Because, by the time we are called on to use our Second Amendment it will be far beyond the point of debating its merits.

Last Edited:
Seriously? Point out one member who has been excellent to me and I will give you a box of 22lr.

I believe Andy54 qualifies:
Andy54Hawken said:
Biden has stated the below on his "vote for me " website
I have only stated the titles of some of his plans / ideas...please look and see at:
www.joebiden.com/gunsafety

"Ban the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines"

"Regulate the possession the of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act"

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities."

"Reduce the stockpiling of weapons"

"Keep guns out of dangerous hands"

"Require background checks for all gun sales."

Now as I said...the above are only some of his ideas and plans....
Ideas and plans may not come to pass.
And yes anyone , can say anything in the hopes of getting elected.
Yet...here we are with Joe Biden as president...with the above and more as his stated platform on "gun safety".

If you ( the Op ) want to think that Biden won't take away guns....
You would be right...Literally , as in Biden , himself won't take away any guns.

Something to consider though , is that his ideas and plans may come to pass....
Or embolden others to further anti-gun / anti-gun ownership actions.
Speaking for myself , I will wont count on Biden's plans not coming to pass on your or anyone else's say so.
Nor am I able to be assured that a plan will or will not come to pass , on a "may".

Biden is anti gun...
Whether or not he takes guns away, its the fact that he proposes idea of doing so , that is dangerous to gun owners.
Andy

Edit to add :
It don't matter who is in charge / power / control etc...
If they think like or agree with Biden's "gun safety" platform...then they are a danger to the 2nd Amendment.
And your response:

"I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion."

I will be looking forward to that box of .22lr.

I believe Andy54 qualifies:

And your response:

"I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion."

I will be looking forward to that box of .22lr.
I pointed that out to him clear back in post #83. I'm still waiting for his response. :s0093:

Not trying to be a Karen, but our rights were not 'granted' to us when this Country was formed, but rather affirmed our natural rights are granted to us by The Creator. Take The Creator out of the equation and we have nothing but opinion and rule by those with the biggest stick.

I though about drawing a comment about that when I posted. I wish I had a prize for you seeing as you WON! :D I'm 100% sure my mom and dad created me and my brother. The other I'm not totally convinced of.

It was my opinion. It's a forum. My evidence is based off of me being obsessed with guns for many years. Having a different opinion from all y'all is not a crime, nor does it have to be based on sources. It's an opinion. On a public forum.

The thing about opinions is they can be terribly ignorant to the facts. As others have said, your supporting evidence is severely lacking.

-Robert

That and you're full of sh!t.

I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion.

With all due respect, (as a long time member here, too) you presented your opinion as a basis of fact. The majority of replies you've received have contained quantifying sources arguing that you may be a "bit" mistaken (maybe even naive) in your perspective.

Up to the point of this post there were no personal attacks on your "low-brow leftist baseness", but you've CHOSEN to become offended and lash out at what you THINK are "conservatives" just because they dare to disagree with you, and refuse to believe that "liberalism" sheits out rainbows and skittles for all when in fact a good majority of us are libertarians and believe BOTH political parties suck.

BTW-

I sincerely hope you're correct in that prices and availability will return to some semblance of sanity again... just like before, HOWEVER in the past we didn't have a global "plandemic" being used as leverage to stifle the global supply chain, and retail operations which are sweeping MILLIONS into poverty because they're forbidden to go out and make a living.... you know, those pesky FACTS that generally urinate all over the shoes of people's "opinions".

If what you're looking for is an echo chamber that only agrees with what you say (about politics and politicians in particular) there's always Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NY Times, Seattle Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, The Oregonian, Snap Chat, Reddit, any number of Union labor newsletters, etc, etc, etc..... none of THOSE venues advocate for abolishing the 2A.... I'm sure. :rolleyes:

With all due respect, (as a long time member here, too) you presented your opinion as a basis of fact. The majority of replies you've received have contained quantifying sources arguing that you may be a "bit" mistaken (maybe even naive) in your perspective.

Up to the point of this post there were no personal attacks on your "low-brow leftist baseness", but you've CHOSEN to become offended and lash out at what you THINK are "conservatives" just because they dare to disagree with you, and refuse to believe that "liberalism" sheits out rainbows and skittles for all when in fact a good majority of us are libertarians and believe BOTH political parties suck.

BTW-

I sincerely hope you're correct in that prices and availability will return to some semblance of sanity again... just like before, HOWEVER in the past we didn't have a global "plandemic" being used as leverage to stifle the global supply chain, and retail operations which are sweeping MILLIONS into poverty because they're forbidden to go out and make a living.... you know, those pesky FACTS that generally urinate all over the shoes of people's "opinions".

If what you're looking for is an echo chamber that only agrees with what you say (about politics and politicians in particular) there's always Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NY Times, Seattle Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, The Oregonian, Snap Chat, Reddit, any number of Union labor newsletters, etc, etc, etc..... none of THOSE venues advocate for abolishing the 2A.... I'm sure. :rolleyes:
One of the best posts I have seen in awhile. :s0101:
maybe we should
:s0104:

He did, he used inductive reasoning.
Yes, and by the exact same type of reasoning, one could make the argument that there was never any real reason to be concerned about Hitler, because after all, we're not all speaking German, are we?

The only people saying that Biden, et al. are not really coming for your guns are a few liberal gun owners who desperately want to justify their votes with their support of gun rights. Everyone else, right and left, can see the writing on the wall.

This should not be a divisive issue for us. The hard, cold fact is that they ARE pushing for gun control, with absolute intent, and we need all the help we can get. Are you a liberal gun owner? Then please, by all means wake up and start lobbying your own people to keep their hands off your guns. We can use the help.

How about you point me towards a liberal gun forum? I'd love to join.

They are out there, and I'm sure they would love to have you. Just a warning though: from what I've seen they tend to be even less tolerant of dissenting opinions. If you're cool with that, then you'll probably be happy there.

that-makes-me-vfgdct.jpg

As other informed members of this forum have already stated, it doesn't matter what any of us "'think", it matters to each one of us what we believe as individuals and how we choose to inform ourselves!
The current regime has openly stated they are incredibly hostile towards the 2nd amendment and what it means for liberty and freedom, any questioning, posturing, limiting, restrictions or ANY other form of attempt to strip more of the 2nd amendment away and weaken it should be viewed as "taking away your guns" as the OP stated.
So yes, they are trying to take them away by any means they can, if that's not clear to you then you simply do not want to accept reality, that is a fact!

PS, to also add to the point that was also made previously? Biden is not doing anything other than standing there and forgetting what to say, he is severely mentaly disabled and to claim "He won't take them away" again just shows how out of touch you really are with what is actually happening and who is behind it! Stay vigilant gentlemen!:)

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top