JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If you are obsessed only with guns, then perhaps you're right... but there are other things to think about ....
That's fine. Just don't, as they say, pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Simply justify the choice by making it clear which policies mattered most, rather than try to deny the plainly stated policy goals of the candidate that got the vote.

What part of being civil escapes you?

Calling people "inmates" and then when people ask the OP to explain his POV, calling the inquiry "a flood of rhetoric"?
I was going to respond with a list of unproven assertions by the members attacking the OP, but it got too long and my browser lost it. But you did a good job there, redirecting my attack on the rhetorical posts towards the legitimate inquiries. Also well done, taking one word out of a well known idiom to increase it's apparent offensiveness. Excellent spin.

That's fine. Just don't, as they say, pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Simply justify the choice by making it clear which policies mattered most, rather than try to deny the plainly stated policy goals of the candidate that got the vote.
But that has nothing to do with the post... And since when did we start believing the things politicians say in order to get elected?

An armed mob stormed the Capitol building, attempting to (and succeeding in) interrupting the functioning of government. That's pretty close to a dictionary definition of insurrection. The degree of damage done is irrelevant (planted pipe bombs notwithstanding).
And yet despite their being armed, how many shot their way into the Capitol? How many members of congress did they capture? How many were shot or hung on those ramshackle gallows outside? What buildings did they burn? How many statues or paintings were torn down or defaced? What planning did these "insurrectionists" demonstrate?
In case you are not aware, the answer to ALL of those questions is NONE.
Do you really think that many people, armed with rifles, many with military training, couldn't have overrun the few Capitol Police who were only armed with pistols? It didn't happen because there was no plan to do such. All it was was a bunch of angry voters who got way further into the Capitol than they ever should have. The cops had no plan and the rioters had no plan.
It was a riot. not a revolution, not an insurrection, It was only a riot in the worst possible location.

And yet despite their being armed, how many shot their way into the Capitol? How many members of congress did they capture? How many were shot or hung on those ramshackle gallows outside? What buildings did they burn? How many statues or paintings were torn down or defaced? What planning did these "insurrectionists" demonstrate?
Do you really think that many people, armed with rifles, many with military training, couldn't have overrun the few Capitol Police who were only armed with pistols? It didn't happen because there was no plan to do such. All it was was a bunch of angry voters who got way further into the Capitol than they ever should have. The cops had no plan and the rioters had no plan.
It was a riot. not a revolution, not an insurrection, It was only a riot in the worst possible location.
You took the bait.
They weren't armed in a traditional sense.

You've been allowed to get yourself derailed from the topic. Careful. :)

And yet despite their being armed, how many shot their way into the Capitol? How many members of congress did they capture? How many were shot or hung on those ramshackle gallows outside? What buildings did they burn? How many statues or paintings were torn down or defaced?
And yet none of those things are required for insurrection. Had they occurred, other charges would have been leveled.
What planning did these "insurrectionists" demonstrate?
The cases against the Q conspirators will reveal those facts.

But that has nothing to do with the post... And since when did we start believing the things politicians say in order to get elected?
It has everything to do with the OP, and I tend to believe if their future goals align with their past acts. Seems the path of wisdom, if someone has done a thing in the past and clearly states they wish to do that thing again. Credible.

I was going to respond with a list of unproven assertions by the members attacking the OP, but it got too long and my browser lost it. But you did a good job there, redirecting my attack on the rhetorical posts towards the legitimate inquiries. Also well done, taking one word out of a well known idiom to increase it's apparent offensiveness. Excellent spin.

Excellent non-responsive use of bandwidth. Don't bother - you made the list.o_O

There are really only a couple points from the original post that allow for discussion without going off track:

The OP assures us that our guns are safe; agree or disagree?

The OP claims that the last time anti-gun legislators had complete power at the Federal level, they neither attempted nor achieved anything in regards to gun control; agree, disagree, evidence?

In all likelihood, at this point there is probably not much left to say either for or against those claims!

Right wing nuts, left wing nuts, whoever... They are Americans exercising their rights. That should NEVER be frowned upon or questioned.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...es-at-obama-event-in-arizona.13161/post-94954

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 2.18.48 PM.png

Last Edited:
It was my opinion. It's a forum. My evidence is based off of me being obsessed with guns for many years. Having a different opinion from all y'all is not a crime, nor does it have to be based on sources. It's an opinion. On a public forum.

Fair enough.
We all have opinions. Some informed. Some running on gut feeling. Some are just formed with no basis in logic, knowledge, or common sense.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top