JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Go outside and start waving an empty gun around in your front yard and when law enforcement show up with drawn pistols you might consider your god given right to life at least breifly

They're definitely coming for the guns. And the mags. And the ammo. Federal and state level. Covid is slightly declining, summer is coming near and when things open up, a shooting might just happen. If it does, that will be the fuel needed to pass SOMETHING nasty. The .gov is stacked blue, save for the court and the red team has been label traitors by the media. This is not like before and I'm a firm believer that we'll come out the other side if this with an even thinner cake

As to tone and people getting offended and offending; I wonder how it would go if "one of us" went onto a liberal forum and made a post about Trump, something along the lines of, "See? He wasn't so bad! All of these dire, horrible predictions you all made about the terrible things he was going to do, and they never happened. You never had anything to worry about."

I wonder what kind of kind-hearted, loving, understanding responses that would get... :eek:

I don't wonder. :D But like ZA_Survivalist said I don't want to be them.

Go outside and start waving an empty gun around in your front yard and when law enforcement show up with drawn pistols you might consider your god given right to life at least breifly

This literally has nothing to do with what I posted. What is your point?

It was a comment about so called god given rights and how society has determined to negate those rights for the good of society. So if anyone thinks they have have god given rights - good luck.

Well said! I have a good friend who is much the same way. He assured me right after the election that we don't have anything to worry about; Biden isn't going to ban guns. Why? His union told him so! He believes what he wants to believe, despite the facts and overwhelming evidence. He's not a stupid guy. He's a good man and a good friend, but he has chosen to believe something that is factually absurd, and there's no convincing him otherwise.

If Biden/Harris, et al., aren't able to accomplish substantive gun control, it won't be for lack of trying. It will be due to a herculean resistance effort.

As to tone and people getting offended and offending; I wonder how it would go if "one of us" went onto a liberal forum and made a post about Trump, something along the lines of, "See? He wasn't so bad! All of these dire, horrible predictions you all made about the terrible things he was going to do, and they never happened. You never had anything to worry about."

I wonder what kind of kind-hearted, loving, understanding responses that would get... :eek:

How about you point me towards a liberal gun forum? I'd love to join.

Well said! I have a good friend who is much the same way. He assured me right after the election that we don't have anything to worry about; Biden isn't going to ban guns. Why? His union told him so! He believes what he wants to believe, despite the facts and overwhelming evidence. He's not a stupid guy. He's a good man and a good friend, but he has chosen to believe something that is factually absurd, and there's no convincing him otherwise.

If Biden/Harris, et al., aren't able to accomplish substantive gun control, it won't be for lack of trying. It will be due to a herculean resistance effort.

If you do that on the liberal gun club forum you were immediately banned, ask me how I know.... So much for the tolerant ones. TDS lives on forever.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It was a comment about so called god given rights and how society has determined to negate those rights for the good of society. So if anyone thinks they have have god given rights - good luck.
I prefer the term 'natural rights' as it's less pointlessly inflammatory. Those rights do exist, but that's not the topic.

I'll just say this, the same party that wants no borders for the United States has demanded a fence and armed security for themselves. I see nothing but self serving elites, who must be removed from power. Not a one of them are serving We the People or the Constitution.

Thinking they, the powers to be, would not turn upon the Amerikan people, much like what happened some 80 years ago in Europe, is foolish and naive thinking... If that we're the case, why's the National Guard still deployed with live rounds in D.C.????

It's just a matter of time...

Please, use that ignore button! Y'all are inscrutably proving my original point.

No, actually it's fairly scrutable. Most of us are here to commune with like minded gun owners. You want to set us straight, then whine when the fight starts. I for one, see no reason to commune with such, and since you consider me to be a "tard" a word we don't use around here because some of us have challenged relatives, I don't see how you will ever respect my point of view, so why go thru it???

And PLEASE... addressing somebody as "bud" is no better than "dude". You're not doing yourself any favors.

You're 1000% right. I didn't initiate any jabs, just responded in the same tone that was presented to me.

And then escalated. That's not going to get you where you supposedly purport to go. I highly suggest "How To Win Friends And Influence People" be added to your reading list.

Alternative viewpoints are not always welcomed, when they should be, sorry bout that. But despite the initial jabs, you really should have been prepared to defend your opinion with provable facts (a sign of whiteness, I know) rather than relying on only your experience. It's anecdotal at best. And a logical fallacy to try to extrapolate into all future probabilities (if it didn't happen then, it won't happen now). It just isn't impressive evidence in the face of all other evidence to the contrary of your argument.

I don't think you are a troll, but what did you expect to happen? You had to know you were picking a fight!!! A woman that wears a mini-skirt thru a dark alley doesn't "deserve" to be raped, but was it really a safe option? Did it not have a probability factor of predictable results? I applaud your boldness but not the whining afterwards.

Last Edited:
Something that is important with making a persuasive argument for or against something is to cite evidence to support your claim. Your statement above shows no evidence but on the other hand, somebody like myself could easily produce a multiple page essay that completely debunks your statements above, line by line.

I could make @Catherine1 blush with the length of the post with embedded videos, clips, references and statements.
He did, he used inductive reasoning.

You are absolutely right. You have that right to voice an opinion different from others and we welcome that.

Darmok and Jalad with arms wide. Darmok and Jalad on the ocean, when the walls fell.

Maybe you're missing the point, we would love to hear evidence that contradicts the current narrative that is how discussions work.

Fantastic use of The Next Generation to (rather ironically) get your point across! :s0155:

To the OP,

No one expects you to be a die-hard conservative, nor does anyone fault you for having liberal values; however, surely you can agree that (especially in the modern era), there is very little room to vote liberal and still support the 2nd Amendment without essentially approving of your own disarmament! Sadly the party of liberal values has wholly embraced the destruction of the 2nd Amendment.

So you're saying somebody believed something they wanted to because someone told them so, despite facts and overwhelming evidence... Hmm, why does that sound familiar? Stop the Steal anyone?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads