JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

I have been buying and selling guns since 2007. First gun I bought was a Ruger P95dc in Santa Barbara, CA. It was way overpriced but I didn't know any better. I have been obsessed with firearms ever since. Since then I have bought and sold hundreds of guns, learning what I liked throughout the process. Anyways, my point is: Biden isn't going to take our guns away.

I remember the ObamaScare. The only legislation he got through firearms-wise, in 8 years, was to destroy the brass from milsurp ammo, which drove the cost of ammo way up. However, gun prices doubled and tripled, depending on the platform, and remained at the inflated price for over 2-3 years. It was the worst time to buy. But eventually, the prices went-down. I bought AR pistol kits from Palmetto mid-2019 for $269. Same kits are $599 right now. I truly feel sorry for all the people getting into guns in the last year and a half, the jacked up prices are a bubblegum but one that everyone accepts and unfortunately, we all have to live with it.

My point is, Biden will not have an assault weapons ban. Every single person in the gun community, including me, thought that Obama was going to do the exact same thing. He didn't, and honestly, he didn't even try to. Do you think that Biden is stronger or more sure of his Policies than Obama? I don't. The ONLY THING INCREASING THE PRICES OF THIS HOBBY IS OURSELVES. I kept a list of all the companies that surge priced during the ObamaScare, refusing to do business with them. Well, guess what: every goddam gun store whether local or online rode the wave and cashed in. Every. Single. One. Sportsman's Warehouse is the only constant, mildly selling their guns at about 8 percent within MSRP.

Good luck.

Something that is important with making a persuasive argument for or against something is to cite evidence to support your claim. Your statement above shows no evidence but on the other hand, somebody like myself could easily produce a multiple page essay that completely debunks your statements above, line by line.

I could make @Catherine1 blush with the length of the post with embedded videos, clips, references and statements.

I truely beleive that they will continue to restrict and modify the meaning of the Bill of Rights -not just the 2nd Amendment. Our leaders and our country men see an opposing view to make this country safe.

Something that is important with making a persuasive argument for or against something is to cite evidence to support your claim. Your statement above shows no evidence but on the other hand, somebody like myself could easily produce a multiple page essay that completely debunks your statements above, line by line.

I could make @Catherine1 blush with the length of the post with embedded videos, clips, references and statements.

It was my opinion. It's a forum. My evidence is based off of me being obsessed with guns for many years. Having a different opinion from all y'all is not a crime, nor does it have to be based on sources. It's an opinion. On a public forum.

It was my opinion. It's a forum. My evidence is based off of me being obsessed with guns for many years. Having a different opinion from all y'all is not a crime, nor does it have to be based on sources. It's an opinion. On a public forum.

The thing about opinions is they can be terribly ignorant to the facts. As others have said, your supporting evidence is severely lacking.

-Robert

I think it was the name calling and general aspersions cast that aimed this thread downhill.
:rolleyes:

And speaking for myself - in this new age of, "My Truth is more valid than your facts" society, I'm sure you can see where things started running off the rails.

2+2=4.
And, California has already fallen.
Peace.

I truely beleive that they will continue to restrict and modify the meaning of the Bill of Rights -not just the 2nd Amendment. Our leaders and our country men see an opposing view to make this country safe.

All these actions for gun control may very well make some stats showing "Our" country as safer. There are stats, I'm sure, that show how much safer other countries are from criminal violence with fire arms. The problem is, this is not one of those countries. We have rights that were granted us when this country was formed. People of America can't take those rights away. It's what America is.

You are absolutely right. You have that right to voice an opinion different from others and we welcome that.

Darmok and Jalad with arms wide. Darmok and Jalad on the ocean, when the walls fell.

Maybe you're missing the point, we would love to hear evidence that contradicts the current narrative that is how discussions work.

Can we bring this thread back from the brink? I'm new here, has that ever been done? :D

I don't think my post was a flame. Snarky, kind of, but IMO more adult no-bs discussion than snarky.

OP I get your post. your evidence is your experience. WHich is valid evidence. It's also the weakest form of evidence because limited, bias, etc. The evidence that it didn't happen before so won't this time is also valid evidence. Limited, and also logically weaker than other types of evidence (too many variables, etc).But again, I get it, and do see the logic in it. I also believe you're sincere in your emphasis on panic buying over the actual politics involved.

My position is that there is more threat than you think there is. I think that's what others think as well.

In the interest of continuing the thread, is there anything anyone could post that would persuade you that the threat now is greater than you think it is?

In the interest of continuing the thread, is there anything anyone could post that would persuade you that the threat now is greater than you think it is?

bloom.jpeg

Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

states! STATES! STATES! What about the states taking guns away? Biden this and Biden that does not mean crap if the state takes your gun away. Remember the states have governments as well. Remember? 5th grade government class?

Tazers are still illegal to buy in my state despite the Supreme freakin court saying they are legal years ago. States no longer care what the fed does.

Good troll though.

Last Edited:
Panic buying is from us but even if all of us that have been buying them for awhile, whether it's been 5, 10, 20, or 40+ years, stopped buying them; does not change the fact that last year ALONE more than 8.4 MILLION people bought their FIRST firearm. That's 40 percent of the 21 MILLION firearms bought last year by NEW owners!
All those first time buyers, unlike you and me, won't be taking their Nth 9mm pistol to the range and burning some ammo from the shelf. They need ammo, and they have no idea how much - they are panic buying for the first time. Much like the TP fiasco, once the shelves start to look bare it feeds on itself.

I'll take a wild guess and say a LOT of people voted for Biden simply out of TDS - heck rumor has it it's possible even some repubs voted for Biden which if so utterly confuses me.

SO it's possible this is what the OP did - and he has created the illusion to convince himself (and hopefully others) that 'our guns are safe' as a smokescreen to rationalize and justify his decision. It sure isn't something I would have bet on.
Very possible, and human, thing to do.

Seriously? Point out one member who has been excellent to me and I will give you a box of 22lr.
I don't need ammo but I believe I've been civil.

We have rights that were granted us when this country was formed.
Not trying to be a Karen, but our rights were not 'granted' to us when this Country was formed, but rather affirmed our natural rights are granted to us by The Creator. Take The Creator out of the equation and we have nothing but opinion and rule by those with the biggest stick.

Well said! I have a good friend who is much the same way. He assured me right after the election that we don't have anything to worry about; Biden isn't going to ban guns. Why? His union told him so! He believes what he wants to believe, despite the facts and overwhelming evidence. He's not a stupid guy. He's a good man and a good friend, but he has chosen to believe something that is factually absurd, and there's no convincing him otherwise.

If Biden/Harris, et al., aren't able to accomplish substantive gun control, it won't be for lack of trying. It will be due to a herculean resistance effort.

As to tone and people getting offended and offending; I wonder how it would go if "one of us" went onto a liberal forum and made a post about Trump, something along the lines of, "See? He wasn't so bad! All of these dire, horrible predictions you all made about the terrible things he was going to do, and they never happened. You never had anything to worry about."

I wonder what kind of kind-hearted, loving, understanding responses that would get... :eek:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top