JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

I have been buying and selling guns since 2007. First gun I bought was a Ruger P95dc in Santa Barbara, CA. It was way overpriced but I didn't know any better. I have been obsessed with firearms ever since. Since then I have bought and sold hundreds of guns, learning what I liked throughout the process. Anyways, my point is: Biden isn't going to take our guns away.

I remember the ObamaScare. The only legislation he got through firearms-wise, in 8 years, was to destroy the brass from milsurp ammo, which drove the cost of ammo way up. However, gun prices doubled and tripled, depending on the platform, and remained at the inflated price for over 2-3 years. It was the worst time to buy. But eventually, the prices went-down. I bought AR pistol kits from Palmetto mid-2019 for $269. Same kits are $599 right now. I truly feel sorry for all the people getting into guns in the last year and a half, the jacked up prices are a bubblegum but one that everyone accepts and unfortunately, we all have to live with it.

My point is, Biden will not have an assault weapons ban. Every single person in the gun community, including me, thought that Obama was going to do the exact same thing. He didn't, and honestly, he didn't even try to. Do you think that Biden is stronger or more sure of his Policies than Obama? I don't. The ONLY THING INCREASING THE PRICES OF THIS HOBBY IS OURSELVES. I kept a list of all the companies that surge priced during the ObamaScare, refusing to do business with them. Well, guess what: every goddam gun store whether local or online rode the wave and cashed in. Every. Single. One. Sportsman's Warehouse is the only constant, mildly selling their guns at about 8 percent within MSRP.

Good luck.

I grew up on a cattle ranch, and I know BULLSNOT when I see it. I have listened to the leftists screaming for all of this for years, so don't try and convince me that " Your guns are safe." That sir, is a huge steaming PILE of bullsnot.

Been watching these issues for 50 years or so.

I've seen a lot of panics with regards to ammo and guns.

But in the long run, the general trend over those decades has been increased restrictions on buying/selling/owning guns, along with a general conditioning of the public opinion on guns, gun ownership and people who own guns. The last several decades the latter (public opinion) has really ramped up in opposition to guns in general.

The last 4 years didn't help much with regards to public opinion in that regard either - so the pendulum has swung the other way now. I am sure that the left thinks now is a really good time to strike the iron while it is hot.

They may or may not succeed, but I am pretty sure they are going to try like hell.

I'm not too worried about confiscation, I am worried about frivolous lawsuits against manufacturers. Which it appears is a large platform of the current Regime.
Boom! Exactly! Additionally, the fact that they will try to make it so expensive through taxation that if they were serious about "Social Justice" they are doing the exact opposite and are in effect putting poor people's 2A rights out of monetary reach for them. The very people they espouse to be helping(just how they see fit in helping them anyway)To me, that is the basis for a serious lawsuit and ultimately challenging it and taking it to the Scotus for determination eventually.

"Repubtards"? Is this in the liberal "Peace/Love/Tolerance" dictionary?
I've had my pee-pee mod slapped and posts deleted more than once for using similar language...because it is against the rules, and my language could have offended a liberal 'seeker'...

Where's the wisdom in insulting people based on their political preferences. There isn't any. There have been numerous liberal friends of mine who have panic bought as a result of the upheaval perpetuated by the rioting and defunding of law enforcement and the revolving door policies of the political machine in releasing criminals which participated in the riotous affairs as well as felons from the prison population. People were upset and scared with the idea that the government (which we pay a substantial amount of tax money to protect us) would not follow through with its promise to protect and serve the civilian population. So they lined up, purchased guns and ammo and people such as myself being their friend, took them to the range and taught them how to handle and shoot their firearms in a safe manner. At those ranges, they met people on both sides of the political spectrum that came together for the same reason. It has been enlightening and great to have helped them to understand the value of a gun when it's needed and for them to have gone through the process of purchasing one to see how ridiculous the left's restrictions are. Both liberals and Republicans have come together on one issue of which is the value of the 2 A! They all now have skin in the game. I did not see any party affiliations when we were all shooting together...
Friend, that was no "insurrection".

Pretty sure "dude" isn't a good descriptor for me anymore.

"Geezer-Dude", maybe.
[/QUOT

I appreciate this response. I have done the same for a long time, just merely trying to send a message that apparently offends so many. If you read my posts, then all the comments tend to prove my point.

While I agree that members can, and should be, able to post any opinion they want, that works both ways. I find it odd that a longtime member would post something aggressively negative towards members that believe their 2A rights are endangered, and then expect to not have to defend that kind of statement. Basically, you get back what you put out, whatever goes round comes around, karma comes back to bite you in the azz.

I hate disrespect from any member, party, of any ideology. But certain types seem prone to lashing out when they think they are losing an argument. In my own life, I quit having discussions with people that can't be civil, and have even X'd one long time friend out of my life. I just won't tolerate it. Used to be, maybe 40-50 years ago, I could have discussions about ideas with reasonable people. That doesn't happen much anymore.

In this case, the IGNORE button might be a good option. I know all about living in an echo chamber, but

1. There are some things I just don't need to hear/read
2. When people get obnoxious, they are GONE

I agree. I felt he was flamed but he also caved and attacked members and then things got off track. His initial post didnt seem overly aggressive but more a voicing of his perspective. However later the tone changed and this thread has devolved. We're all very passionate about our 2A rights, hobby, and politics. So I understand when emotions and misread tones on posts can take things in a other direction. Im guilty of doing the same.. trying to better watch myself both with the new political envioment we now have (being taken out of context and posted on other media platforms), but also to better abide by what Joe has said "be excellent to each other", the forum goal, have a welcoming atmosphere regardless of political ideology.

Trying to take that to heart, if I see a member saying they felt dog-piled I want to voice to them and silent readers on the forum that myself and others do appriciate the opposing ideas, even if we disagree. (So long as we conduct ourselves accordingly) Sometimes both sides get a better idea of where the other is coming from when we conduct ourselves respectfully while exchanging ideas and perspectives.

That and also by doing so, we can shrug off false accusations of being an echo-chamber forum. Something that as of late is a tactic in shutting down/silencing platforms certain political sides are fond of.

Now crass insults and trolling I dont have any tolerance for .. so I 100% agree with you there. I usually reserve my ignore feature on the forum for the new folks posting hyper inflated items, taking advantage of the forum and the panic going on.

Biden AUTHORED the 1994 Crime Bill aka "Assault weapons ban".

His election website is riddled with the leftist gun grabber wish list.

But nah, he's not coming after our guns.

Got some beachfront property in Iowa you want to get rid of too?

Sure do bud. It's right next to your sense of reality.

Sure do bud. It's right next to your sense of reality.
You are proving the old saying that longevity is not necessarily an asset. My guess is your lack of 'excellence' will ramp up, the red warning will be applied, the thread will be closed, and the ignore list will have another occupant.

Been watching these issues for 50 years or so.

I've seen a lot of panics with regards to ammo and guns.

But in the long run, the general trend over those decades has been increased restrictions on buying/selling/owning guns, along with a general conditioning of the public opinion on guns, gun ownership and people who own guns. The last several decades the latter (public opinion) has really ramped up in opposition to guns in general.

The last 4 years didn't help much with regards to public opinion in that regard either - so the pendulum has swung the other way now. I am sure that the left thinks now is a really good time to strike the iron while it is hot.

They may or may not succeed, but I am pretty sure they are going to try like hell.
That's because they have been playing the long game. Everyone else has been doing the fast food mindset of I want it and I want it now! Just like the commercial for the company/ crooks that give you your money now! I mean basic fact is that he's been in Congress for 47 years! Long Game! But hey I guess that means all of us that have been playing the long game as well are all offended and insecure! :confused:
:s0140: :rolleyes: Yeah right!

your "Jedi mind trick doesn't work on us @fromotoc"

:s0148:

I agree. I felt he was flamed but he also caved and attacked members and then things got off track. His initial post didnt seem overly aggressive but more a voicing of his perspective. However later the tone changed and this thread has devolved. We're all very passionate about our 2A rights, hobby, and politics. So I understand when emotions and misread tones on posts can take things in a other direction. Im guilty of doing the same.. trying to better watch myself both with the new political envioment we now have (being taken out of context and posted on other media platforms), but also to better abide by what Joe has said "be excellent to each other", the forum goal, have a welcoming atmosphere regardless of political ideology.

Trying to take that to heart, if I see a member saying they felt dog-piled I want to voice to them and silent readers on the forum that myself and others do appriciate the opposing ideas, even if we disagree. (So long as we conduct ourselves accordingly) Sometimes both sides get a better idea of where the other is coming from when we conduct ourselves respectfully while exchanging ideas and perspectives.

That and also by doing so, we can shrug off false accusations of being an echo-chamber forum. Something that as of late is a tactic in shutting down/silencing platforms certain political sides are fond of.

Now crass insults and trolling I dont have any tolerance for .. so I 100% agree with you there. I usually reserve my ignore feature on the forum for the new folks posting hyper inflated items, taking advantage of the forum and the panic going on.

Please, use that ignore button! Y'all are inscrutably proving my original point.

I'm offended. You bet I'm offended! Night after night for months and months! A faction that is closer related to the left than the right. A mayor and city government that are clearly, far left, let it happen. I'm offended daily when I hear or see their actions/lack of action.

I've had my pee-pee mod slapped and posts deleted more than once for using similar language...because it is against the rules, and my language could have offended a liberal 'seeker'...

(Loving the new avatar! Big JC fan.)

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews