JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Biden AUTHORED the 1994 Crime Bill aka "Assault weapons ban".

His election website is riddled with the leftist gun grabber wish list.

But nah, he's not coming after our guns.

Got some beachfront property in Iowa you want to get rid of too?

The sky might not necessarily be falling right this second, but my guns are certainly not "safe". The battle is being fought as we speak.

But dudes been a gun owner since 07, so he's pretty much an expert, so I could be wrong.

Even if it doesn't come to confiscation, there are other ways that will basically be a back door ban. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the govt. require tax stamps on scary semi-auto rifles / high capacity mags. That could cost some folks a chit-ton of scratch. Granted it would be difficult to identify who has what currently, but any future purchases would/could end up being quite expensive......which would basically ban many folks from purchasing them simply because they can no longer afford them. A $15 dollar 30rnd magazine that requires a $400 tax stamp is going to be a hard pill to swallow.

I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion.

So you're a California liberal with a gun in Portland Oregon, shocked I am.o_O
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Bub byyy dude.

Last Edited:
You can believe what you want man. None of us have a magic crystal ball giving perfect insight of the future. Some are squaring away the obtaining of certain items/firearms/mags/drums in the event a ban is imminent.
Sadly, due to the inflated prices, many will play ball in order to acquire that last "dream purchase" before anything does take place.
Firearms inflation makes sense.. ammo doesn't.. But I hear ya on the panic stuff.

National gun control is a tough pill to pass right now, the new tactic is state by state control. Its much easier and there are tools in place for "emergency bills" as we saw here in Oregon with the BGC bill.
Beyond that, gun control this first year for the Biden admin, especially after a doubted, controversial election would be very very rough in terms of push back for them. I truly think nothing will take place on a national level for the first year to two years. But on a state by state basis? Oh yeah, there is a bunch coming.

I agree with tamping down panic prices by not playing into the game right now. Ammo is a low-risk ban item and makes zero sense.. why the idiot masses are panic buying is beyond me. It just causes artificial inflation where none should exist. Perhaps certain kinds of ammo such as 50 cal, mild steel core and defensive ammo.. but ammo as a whole, Makes no sense. One could argue lead bans are the reason.. but that hasn't been brought up yet nationally, only on state by state cases.. so it too shouldnt be a driving factor. Moreover, the market can and will find a way. It always does.. even if there is a lead ban.. polymer blend ammo and various other non lead malleable metal types of ammo will flood the market as there is money to be made.. So again.. the current panic buying of ammo is just lunacy.

Also, while I may disagree with some of your post, I want to voice that as a member here on NWFA; I enjoy opposing opinions. Opposing opinions be it political, defensive lifestyle related or general firearm related is what gets ideas rolling and can spur interesting dialog and counter opinions. I saw you noted that you havent posted much due to getting flamed or needing to aggressively defend your posts, I agree.. on forums its easy to get dog-piled and its very easy for echo chambers to cast out anyone that doesnt agree 100%. Seeing how twitter opperates, the mob mentality on twitter disgusts me, therefore I champion for and welcome opposing opinions on the forum so long as all parties conduct themselves respectfully. I dont at all want to see this forum or other forums become what we mock twitter for in terms of their cancel culture and mob rule.

Last Edited:
Well youngin I been watching fire arms laws since 1968 and I can tell you the score is them 40,000 us about 10 so you all have your opinion I'll have mine.

^^That's right. There's already a myriad of restrictions and reporting requirements, and they are slowly adding more. For example, I used to be able to order a World War II rifle from the Civilian Marksmanship Program directly to my house, by completing the CMP's background check. Now I have to do an additional background check in Oregon, for $30-$40. Part of the motivation for this is suppression of gun ownership. There are many people out there who would rather no firearms in the hands of the public, plain and simple. If they can delay, shame, or inconvenience gun buyers this is a useful tool.

They are not going to "take" our guns, not literally at least, because they can't. At least not right now. But a national gun registry (which Biden has suggested) could be the first step towards banning sporters and making millions of Americans into criminals.

This guy pretends the 1994 ban never happened.

The crazy laws that California has passed. Red Flags laws. States passing gun registration.

Isn't that a typical lefty cliche? Pretend something isn't real?

Happy Happy.jpg

Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

I have been buying and selling guns since 2007. First gun I bought was a Ruger P95dc in Santa Barbara, CA. It was way overpriced but I didn't know any better. I have been obsessed with firearms ever since. Since then I have bought and sold hundreds of guns, learning what I liked throughout the process. Anyways, my point is: Biden isn't going to take our guns away.

I remember the ObamaScare. The only legislation he got through firearms-wise, in 8 years, was to destroy the brass from milsurp ammo, which drove the cost of ammo way up. However, gun prices doubled and tripled, depending on the platform, and remained at the inflated price for over 2-3 years. It was the worst time to buy. But eventually, the prices went-down. I bought AR pistol kits from Palmetto mid-2019 for $269. Same kits are $599 right now. I truly feel sorry for all the people getting into guns in the last year and a half, the jacked up prices are a bubblegum but one that everyone accepts and unfortunately, we all have to live with it.

My point is, Biden will not have an assault weapons ban. Every single person in the gun community, including me, thought that Obama was going to do the exact same thing. He didn't, and honestly, he didn't even try to. Do you think that Biden is stronger or more sure of his Policies than Obama? I don't. The ONLY THING INCREASING THE PRICES OF THIS HOBBY IS OURSELVES. I kept a list of all the companies that surge priced during the ObamaScare, refusing to do business with them. Well, guess what: every goddam gun store whether local or online rode the wave and cashed in. Every. Single. One. Sportsman's Warehouse is the only constant, mildly selling their guns at about 8 percent within MSRP.

Good luck.

Does not correlate with:

I am one, and I was wondering who else is a SHTF'er. By that, I mean who prepares for it, what do you prepare for, do you believe in macro or micro SHTF, etc...? I have water reserves, ammo reserves, food supplies, bio-hazard materials, camping/survival gear, etc.... and of course guns, knives, etc.

For those who don't know, SHTF stands for S Hits The Fan, and is meant to be basically an event in which social order is disrupted, usually on a large scale. Hurricane Katrina is a great SHTF example.

Please expound...

Actual confiscation may never happen. However, nothing can stop them from enacting burdensome regulations and taxes. Remember the Obamacare model? The SC said that the penalties were not a tax and sided with Obama. Same thing with guns. Registration, "fees" per gun, 3AM, door knock if you don't comply. Its naive to think that the Left won't try to back door this if they can't make us buy the BS up front.
(edit). I just came across a good article reflecting my point.

Last Edited:
Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

I have been buying and selling guns since 2007. First gun I bought was a Ruger P95dc in Santa Barbara, CA. It was way overpriced but I didn't know any better. I have been obsessed with firearms ever since. Since then I have bought and sold hundreds of guns, learning what I liked throughout the process. Anyways, my point is: Biden isn't going to take our guns away.

I remember the ObamaScare. The only legislation he got through firearms-wise, in 8 years, was to destroy the brass from milsurp ammo, which drove the cost of ammo way up. However, gun prices doubled and tripled, depending on the platform, and remained at the inflated price for over 2-3 years. It was the worst time to buy. But eventually, the prices went-down. I bought AR pistol kits from Palmetto mid-2019 for $269. Same kits are $599 right now. I truly feel sorry for all the people getting into guns in the last year and a half, the jacked up prices are a bubblegum but one that everyone accepts and unfortunately, we all have to live with it.

My point is, Biden will not have an assault weapons ban. Every single person in the gun community, including me, thought that Obama was going to do the exact same thing. He didn't, and honestly, he didn't even try to. Do you think that Biden is stronger or more sure of his Policies than Obama? I don't. The ONLY THING INCREASING THE PRICES OF THIS HOBBY IS OURSELVES. I kept a list of all the companies that surge priced during the ObamaScare, refusing to do business with them. Well, guess what: every goddam gun store whether local or online rode the wave and cashed in. Every. Single. One. Sportsman's Warehouse is the only constant, mildly selling their guns at about 8 percent within MSRP.

Good luck.
I remember the previous assault weapons and high capacity mag ban that our country had. It sucked.

NRA is not what it once was so I wouldn't bet one way or the other personally. I have sped up my timetable for buying some guns I want and might be banned. Have extra high capacity mags too in case they get banned like they were in 94'

You can believe what you want man. None of us have a magic crystal ball giving perfect insight of the future. Some are squaring away the obtaining of certain items/firearms/mags/drums in the event a ban is imminent.
Sadly, due to the inflated prices, many will play ball in order to acquire that last "dream purchase" before anything does take place.
Firearms inflation makes sense.. ammo doesn't.. But I hear ya on the panic stuff.

National gun control is a tough pill to pass right now, the new tactic is state by state control. Its much easier and there are tools in place for "emergency bills" as we saw here in Oregon with the BGC bill.
Beyond that, gun control this first year for the Biden admin, especially after a doubted, controversial election would be very very rough in terms of push back for them. I truly think nothing will take place on a national level for the first year to two years. But on a state by state basis? Oh yeah, there is a bunch coming.

I agree with tamping down panic prices by not playing into the game right now. Ammo is a low-risk ban item and makes zero sense.. why the idiot masses are panic buying is beyond me. It just causes artificial inflation where none should exist. Perhaps certain kinds of ammo such as 50 cal, mild steel core and defensive ammo.. but ammo as a whole, Makes no sense. One could argue lead bans are the reason.. but that hasn't been brought up yet nationally, only on state by state cases.. so it too shouldnt be a driving factor. Moreover, the market can and will find a way. It always does.. even if there is a lead ban.. polymer blend ammo and various other non lead malleable metal types of ammo will flood the market as there is money to be made.. So again.. the current panic buying of ammo is just lunacy.

Also, while I may disagree with some of your post, I want to voice that as a member here on NWFA; I enjoy opposing opinions. Opposing opinions be it political, defensive lifestyle related or general firearm related is what gets ideas rolling and can spur interesting dialog and counter opinions. I saw you noted that you havent posted much due to getting flamed or needing to aggressively defend your posts, I agree.. on forums its easy to get dog-piled and its very easy for echo chambers to cast out anyone that doesnt agree 100%. Seeing how twitter opperates, the mob mentality on twitter disgusts me, therefore I champion for and welcome opposing opinions on the forum so long as all parties conduct themselves respectfully. I dont at all want to see this forum or other forums become what we mock twitter for in terms of their cancel culture and mob rule.
There are some really great, respectful, informed, convincing responses to this thread. This is one of them.

And then there are posts that sound like something I'd see on a SJW instagram comment section. I think some people have their heads in the sand to why people aren't convinced by their insults...

He might not be old enough to remember 1994. lol to some the first Gulf War is the same as WWI, ancient history. I forget that sometime.

OP, your take on things is misguided IMO. Someone mentioned Obama Care, and you poopooed it. Wrong. I don't think you're as sophisticated in how politics and legislation works as you think you are.

It's all about political capital; OC was where that administration spent it and it sucked the air out of the room for anything else major. Including gun control. 2008-2010 was also a time when people remembered the 1994 congressional elections, historic in the swing against the Dems who had just passed the AWB.

It's why the progs are so mad that the admin isn't acting quickly; any gun control legislation that gets dragged into 2022 will have a big impact on the congressional elections. That would be a hot mess for them (you, I guess, if you vote Dem), and they know it.

At any rate we appear to have different views on exactly what laws mean, and how they would impact us. I find it impossible to not take seriously someone who runs on a platform that, if enacted, would make me a felon simply by continuing to own what I own and act as I act now. I'm a good guy, a good citizen; my actions and my stuff are fine.

The laws proposed by the party you voted for are a clear and present danger to YOU. If enacted you will have to choose between changing what you have and how you act, or becoming an outlaw. I'd say I am confused how you can be so nonchalant about that... but I'm old and have seen a LOT of different people. There's nowt so queer as folk. :D

While I agree that members can, and should be, able to post any opinion they want, that works both ways. I find it odd that a longtime member would post something aggressively negative (provocative) towards members that believe their 2A rights are endangered, and then expect to not have to defend that kind of statement. Basically, you get back what you put out, whatever goes round comes around, karma comes back to bite you in the azz.

I hate disrespect from any member, party, of any ideology. But certain types seem prone to lashing out when they think they are losing an argument. In my own life, I quit having discussions with people that can't be civil, and have even X'd one long time friend out of my life. I just won't tolerate it. Used to be, maybe 40-50 years ago, I could have discussions about ideas with reasonable people. That doesn't happen much anymore.

In this case, the IGNORE button might be a good option. I know all about living in an echo chamber, but

1. There are some things I just don't need to hear/read
2. When people get obnoxious, they are GONE

Last Edited:
I don't recall Obama bragging about or even saying much about coming for my guns.

Biden, and his regime, on the other hand...

The left has control over Congress and Biden has said he wants gun control. Now is the time for them to try it. The next election is 2 years off.

Useless Jay thinking he had a chance STILL makes me laugh so hard I spit coffee or beer when I think about it.

I still get a similar reaction myself when I think of Inslee. But I think that's a problem with a lot of the politicians in Oregon, and across the country. Tod Whalen is one of the leaders in....

vain

conceited

proud

egotistical

narcissistic

arrogant

overweening

vainglorious

cocky

egoistic

swaggering

egotistic

stuck-up

boastful

egocentric

haughty

self-absorbed

self-admiring

self-important

self-loving

self-obsessed

self-regarding

bigheaded

egomaniac

inflated

peacockish

self-centered

affected

assured

biggety

biggity

complacent

consequential

egoistical

imperious

important

ostentatious

pompous

prideful

Etc, Etc.

I looked it up!

You are a gun owner who I assume supports the 2A but you voted for a man and his party that wants to impose new gun laws and defeat the NRA. You voted for Biden even though you don't believe him and now you are trying to convince me that I should believe you!
I'll take a wild guess and say a LOT of people voted for Biden simply out of TDS - heck rumor has it it's possible even some repubs voted for Biden which if so utterly confuses me.

SO it's possible this is what the OP did - and he has created the illusion to convince himself (and hopefully others) that 'our guns are safe' as a smokescreen to rationalize and justify his decision. It sure isn't something I would have bet on.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads