JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion.

if this forum is so conservative, why don't you take yourself to a safe space so your not so offended.

Dude literally
Looks like some Pre-January 6th footage that would get Alex Jones going if we lived in a world where the January 6th insurrection never happened.

Friend, that was no "insurrection".

Pretty sure "dude" isn't a good descriptor for me anymore.

"Geezer-Dude", maybe.

This has nothing to do with Obamacare. It has everything to do with panic buying. Which is perpetuated by repubtards.
Where's the wisdom in insulting people based on their political preferences. There isn't any. There have been numerous liberal friends of mine who have panic bought as a result of the upheaval perpetuated by the rioting and defunding of law enforcement and the revolving door policies of the political machine in releasing criminals which participated in the riotous affairs as well as felons from the prison population. People were upset and scared with the idea that the government (which we pay a substantial amount of tax money to protect us) would not follow through with its promise to protect and serve the civilian population. So they lined up, purchased guns and ammo and people such as myself being their friend, took them to the range and taught them how to handle and shoot their firearms in a safe manner. At those ranges, they met people on both sides of the political spectrum that came together for the same reason. It has been enlightening and great to have helped them to understand the value of a gun when it's needed and for them to have gone through the process of purchasing one to see how ridiculous the left's restrictions are. Both liberals and Republicans have come together on one issue of which is the value of the 2 A! They all now have skin in the game. I did not see any party affiliations when we were all shooting together...

So, OP claims to be a "liberal gun owner" and has been on the forum for thirteen years. I too have been on this forum since pretty much the beginning, and I now find it ironic with the party in power stating unequivocally that they're coming after our guns that a liberal doesn't believe them. Yet, here I am, a pretty much died in the wool conservative, but I believe them. Things are really getting strange.

Oh, and my "experience" in the world of gun ownership? About 52 years of owning guns and seeing a few presidents come and go...

Anybody that lives in the former "Portland, Oregon", that has witnessed everything that went on downtown, and elsewhere in the city, from last spring through summer and is still going on TODAY, and still see the left leaning government of this state as honorable people, have a screw loose.

B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative

This shows how warped the minds of some people have become. Is it possible, that one side of the aisle has moved so far that they are unrecognizable from what they were 50 years ago? Seem to me it's not the conservatives that are burning (Flaming) and destroying public and private property, STILL, after almost a year. I am truly a middle of the road moderate on many things. The fact there are no middle of the road moderates on the left that will put the heat on their elected leaders to stop this madness is absolutely sickening.

I'm not too worried about confiscation, I am worried about frivolous lawsuits against manufacturers. Which it appears is a large platform of the current Regime.

Wrong answer fromotoc. Obama did in fact make several attempts at anti gun legislation. Fortunately he failed. He was behind attempts at resurrecting the AWB, banning M855, pushing so-called 'smart gun' requirements, blocking re-importation of WW2 rifles...And that's just what I remember off the top of my head while still waking up and sitting on the bubblegumter...

you stated obama "didn't even try"....dead wrong.

Question: were you simply unaware, or are you deliberately spreading false information?

Last Edited:
Gun control policy of the Bill Clinton administration - Wikipedia

It actually has happened once already
............With the current administration it can happen again only with worse outcomes. To believe it can never or won't happen is a naive and dangerous thought process that shouldn't be encouraged. And to assume that everyone on here that disagrees with your statement is a right wing lunatic is absolutely absurd, you can't even expect a reasonable conversation from anyone by stating that.

Let me try to decipher your post. You are a gun owner who I assume supports the 2A but you voted for a man and his party that wants to impose new gun laws and defeat the NRA. You voted for Biden even though you don't believe him and now you are trying to convince me that I should believe you! Is it possible that you are simply trying to whitewash your wrong thinking?

Not that we need anymore proof the lights are on, but nobody is home... But watch Biden's Texas speech.

It's like they forgot to give him his line of coke or booster shot before going on, or the ear piece wasn't working right. I can't imagine they can keep this up for too long, there is no way he is going to make it through an entire term.
If he makes it a bit over 2 years, I think they could legally run Harris for 10 - legal eagles should check my work there though.

Let me try to decipher your post. You are a gun owner who I assume supports the 2A but you voted for a man and his party that wants to impose new gun laws and defeat the NRA. You voted for Biden even though you don't believe him and now you are trying to convince me that I should believe you! Is it possible that you are simply trying to whitewash your wrong thinking?
Liberalism is mental disorder! They prove that more and more every day! Can't fix stupid!:confused:

Wow

imagegif_0.gif

Ok making statements about how gun sales rise and fall based on gun scares due to political problems or what someone states that they want to do vs them actually having an idea (whether their own or someone else's) and the means by the stroke of a pen or control of the mindset of the younger generation; is like saying that I went outside today and my sidewalk is wet so it rained last night even though my neighbor washed his car and the overspray got it wet.

Panic buying is from us but even if all of us that have been buying them for awhile, whether it's been 5, 10, 20, or 40+ years, stopped buying them; does not change the fact that last year ALONE more than 8.4 MILLION people bought their FIRST firearm. That's 40 percent of the 21 MILLION firearms bought last year by NEW owners!

I watched my mom's husband spiral down into the depths of dementia. And I am seeing the exact same thing with Biden. It's SAD that the left would prop him up and push him into this just because they couldn't field anything else that could stand a chance of defeating Trump. Useless Jay thinking he had a chance STILL makes me laugh so hard I spit coffee or beer when I think about it.

Guns are safe when EVIL! GREEDY! TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENTS! SELF-INDULGENT NARCISSIST DICTATORS! BACKSTABBING! WHINY LITTLE! SELF-RIGHTEOUS! CONNIVING! HOLIER THAN THOU! 4TH POINT of CONTACT (aka another word for donkey) HATS! NO LONGER EXIST and ALL EVIL is ELIMINATED PERIOD!

:s0146:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews