JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Your guns are safe.

TL:DR Biden ain't gonna take your guns.

I have been buying and selling guns since 2007. First gun I bought was a Ruger P95dc in Santa Barbara, CA. It was way overpriced but I didn't know any better. I have been obsessed with firearms ever since. Since then I have bought and sold hundreds of guns, learning what I liked throughout the process. Anyways, my point is: Biden isn't going to take our guns away.

I remember the ObamaScare. The only legislation he got through firearms-wise, in 8 years, was to destroy the brass from milsurp ammo, which drove the cost of ammo way up. However, gun prices doubled and tripled, depending on the platform, and remained at the inflated price for over 2-3 years. It was the worst time to buy. But eventually, the prices went-down. I bought AR pistol kits from Palmetto mid-2019 for $269. Same kits are $599 right now. I truly feel sorry for all the people getting into guns in the last year and a half, the jacked up prices are a bubblegum but one that everyone accepts and unfortunately, we all have to live with it.

My point is, Biden will not have an assault weapons ban. Every single person in the gun community, including me, thought that Obama was going to do the exact same thing. He didn't, and honestly, he didn't even try to. Do you think that Biden is stronger or more sure of his Policies than Obama? I don't. The ONLY THING INCREASING THE PRICES OF THIS HOBBY IS OURSELVES. I kept a list of all the companies that surge priced during the ObamaScare, refusing to do business with them. Well, guess what: every goddam gun store whether local or online rode the wave and cashed in. Every. Single. One. Sportsman's Warehouse is the only constant, mildly selling their guns at about 8 percent within MSRP.

Good luck.

Biden has stated the below on his "vote for me " website
I have only stated the titles of some of his plans / ideas...please look and see at:
www.joebiden.com/gunsafety

"Ban the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines"

"Regulate the possession the of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act"

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities."

"Reduce the stockpiling of weapons"

"Keep guns out of dangerous hands"

"Require background checks for all gun sales."

Now as I said...the above are only some of his ideas and plans....
Ideas and plans may not come to pass.
And yes anyone , can say anything in the hopes of getting elected.
Yet...here we are with Joe Biden as president...with the above and more as his stated platform on "gun safety".

If you ( the Op ) want to think that Biden won't take away guns....
You would be right...Literally , as in Biden , himself won't take away any guns.

Something to consider though , is that his ideas and plans may come to pass....
Or embolden others to further anti-gun / anti-gun ownership actions.
Speaking for myself , I will wont count on Biden's plans not coming to pass on your or anyone else's say so.
Nor am I able to be reassured that a plan will or will not come to pass , on a "may".

Biden is anti gun...
Whether or not he takes guns away, its the fact that he proposes idea of doing so , that is dangerous to gun owners.
Andy

Edit to add :
It don't matter who is in charge / power / control etc...
If they think like or agree with Biden's "gun safety" platform...then they are a danger to the 2nd Amendment.

Well youngin I been watching fire arms laws since 1968 and I can tell you the score is them 40,000 us about 10 so you all have your opinion I'll have mine. And mine doesn't include sleeping on the job.

I have only stated the titles of some of his plans / ideas...please look and see at:

"Regulate the possession the of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act"

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities."

Yet...here we are with Joe Biden as president...with the above and more as his stated platform on "gun safety".

You would be right...Literally , as in Biden , himself won't take away any guns.

Speaking for myself , I will wont count on Biden's plans not coming to pass on your or anyone else's say so.
Nor am I able to be assured that a plan will or will not come to pass , on a "may".

Biden is anti gun...
Whether or not he takes guns away, its the fact that he proposes idea of doing so , that is dangerous to gun owners.
Andy

Edit to add :
If they think like or agree with Biden's "gun safety" platform...then they are a danger to the 2nd Amendment.

The CRITICAL difference between Obama and Biden is about 120 IQ points, but sleepy/sniffy Joe (almost) makes up for it in arrogance and is actually dumb enough to think his bravado will help him pull it off.

Last Edited:
quote-i-believe-the-children-are-our-future-whitney-houston-84-46-65.jpg quote-i-believe-that-children-are-our-future-unless-we-stop-them-now-matt-groening-91-47-33.jpg

Biden has been stating his entire campaign that he will go after assault weapons and high capacity magazines. Cameltoe Harris has stated "what he doesn't get, I WILL!"

It's going to be a looooong hard battle for the next 12-16 years for 2A supporters.

(IF creepy Joe stays in office that's 8 years. IF cameltoe Harris takes over and wins the next couple election cycles, that's another 8 years. We can only hope that sleepy Joe is removed by the 25th Amendment which can shorten the battle to maybe 10 years.)

Keep fighting, contacting Reps. and donating. It going to be a long road.....

Last Edited:

Nor am I able to be assured that a plan will or will not come to pass , on a "may".

Biden is anti gun...
Andy

Edit to add :
I appreciate the well thought out response. I posted this in hopes that some of the newer members of this forum would take some solace in the wisdom of someone who has been on this forum since it first began, and calm the spirit of panic buying that I have known and embraced. My overall points are that . A if you can't get/afford the guns you want right now, just wait. They will become available at a pre-COVID price. B. Not everyone on this forum is a flaming conservative and C. It's okay to express who you are. I have been a member since 2008, I used to be way more active but the tone of the forum changed and I really didnt want to have to argue with every post I put up. No offense, but this forum has become so passively accepting of conservative values that the low brow baseness is right wing, and while the rules state that it is a politics free zone essentially, it doesn't add up to the allowed content and general distaste for anything that isn't republican. I get that 98 percent of this forum is die hard conservative, but as a liberal gun owner who has been on this forum for 13 years i find it ridiculous how much flack I get for posting one opinion.

Puppet Joe is not in charge, the Democrats are and they have their agenda. They have proven over the last 4 years they will do anything to push it.

Obama... dems were too busy pushing Obamacare to realize what they had and lost it when the republicans took back the house. Now? They are not going to wait for that to happen again.

Funny how OP thinks this is panic. The 1994 Assualt Weapons Ban wasn't panic.

Not that we need anymore proof the lights are on, but nobody is home... But watch Biden's Texas speech.

It's like they forgot to give him his line of coke or booster shot before going on, or the ear piece wasn't working right. I can't imagine they can keep this up for too long, there is no way he is going to make it through an entire term.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews