JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clearly an effort to get guns. I'd be concerned more if I had any firearms in my house and had PTSD. Nobody ever took a shot at me beyond Marine DI cursing and yelling and generally acting like Marine DIs. Damm those bubblegummers...I still wake up at 4:30AM. I really struggled trying to sleep in until 7AM today.

Brutus Out

I went to a new Doc just to keep my CDL current for the medical card.

Saw the "do you have guns in your home" question and just said "No"

Felt like saying "no, it's in my truck in your parking lot" but thought better of it :gun10:

I went to a new Doc just to keep my CDL current for the medical card.

Saw the "do you have guns in your home" question and just said "No"

Felt like saying "no, it's in my truck in your parking lot" but thought better of it :gun10:

Last time I saw the dock he said take off your shirt, My reply was I am armed. He was a bit shaken and asked if I had a permit for that thing and I replied Yes I do. It never stopped him from doing his job listening to my lungs and heart.
Navman- What was your weapon doing in your rig? As nothing ever happens to defenseless people in public places.
Silver Hand

So true Silver hand, still having a hard time wearing a gun during a physical, give me time :s0155:

Couple of weeks ago went to a Chiropractor, left my gun in the truck but forgot about the IWB holster :s0131:

Doc was a hunter so discussion turned to guns :banana:

Last time I saw the dock he said take off your shirt, My reply was I am armed. He was a bit shaken and asked if I had a permit for that thing and I replied Yes I do. It never stopped him from doing his job listening to my lungs and heart.
Navman- What was your weapon doing in your rig? As nothing ever happens to defenseless people in public places.
Silver Hand

So true Silver hand, still having a hard time wearing a gun during a physical, give me time :s0155:

Couple of weeks ago went to a Chiropractor, left my gun in the truck but forgot about the IWB holster :s0131:

Doc was a hunter so discussion turned to guns :banana:

Navman - Not that I want to see more signs like 'guns are not allowed in this establishment'
Until you do see a sign indicating a preference like do not carry in this privately owned establishment or you are asked or ordered by your doctor to not carry in his office or his place of practice. Consider the fact if you are armed and you are someplace in the crowd when a bad guy starts brandishing a weapon at you or starts shooting people next to you - Rather than getting shot, you alone might have a chance to surprise the deranged individual up close and personal.
On some scale things like this do happen every day or I am sure at least weekly in our country / but our Nations one sided media never seem to report it to the public. The NRA has long been posting incidents where old ladies or young men and every body in between have saved the day or there own lives with a fire arm, many times never firing a shot.
Be safe, Practice often, and for no better reason stand back and MT your firearm blindly at your paper target from 15 feet or so, as fast as you can. Check the results. An MT gun is useless, stay in control! Practice often.
Silver Hand

Help me out here. I don't know which way I came in.

IIRC, Oregon statutes REQUIRE a doctor to report mental illness, or other conditions that MIGHT lead to violent actions, and these statutes predate Obamacare.

Is this correct?

If so, do the statutes also REQUIRE a doctor to report firearms possessed or owned by such an individual?

Tell your dr to keep the conversations to medical issues, not where you go fishing or what tools you buy or what you do for a hobby......
It is none of their business!

Tell your dr to keep the conversations to medical issues, not where you go fishing or what tools you buy or what you do for a hobby......

Exactly. The Doc doesn't need to know what brand of hammer I use.....nor anything else, for that matter. Period.

10 years ago I talked alot about things with my GP doc. he was a Ukrainian that left Russia just as soon as he could. hated the communists, I mean hated them the way only someone who lived under their rule could. So, we'd talk about politics and such. I was probably the only non Russian/Ukrainian patient he had but he was a terrific doctor. Always got me feeling better and usually gave me some free samples of antibiotics till I could get a prescription filled. Good ol' Dr. G. Wish I knew where he went. Think he retired and left the state. He took cash too, the times I didn't have insurance and always got me in for a look see if I had some nasty cold or sinus infection.

Brutus Out

10 years ago I talked alot about things with my GP doc. he was a Ukrainian that left Russia just as soon as he could. hated the communists, I mean hated them the way only someone who lived under their rule could. So, we'd talk about politics and such. I was probably the only non Russian/Ukrainian patient he had but he was a terrific doctor. Always got me feeling better and usually gave me some free samples of antibiotics till I could get a prescription filled. Good ol' Dr. G. Wish I knew where he went. Think he retired and left the state. He took cash too, the times I didn't have insurance and always got me in for a look see if I had some nasty cold or sinus infection.

Brutus Out

Those are the people liberals need to learn from. They would turn conservative in seconds if they knew what we are headed for.
Only those that endured it and escaped from it can explain the evil of communism and marxism.

No you tell that to your doc.
As I enjoy talking with my doc. including seeing him in public with his wonderful wife and two daughters. I have nothing to hide form a man who tries his best to keep me alive. It is your privilege to not converse with your doc. or anyone else for that matter.
You don't have the right to tell me what to do or say to anyone.
Silver Hand

Help me out here. I don't know which way I came in.

IIRC, Oregon statutes REQUIRE a doctor to report mental illness, or other conditions that MIGHT lead to violent actions, and these statutes predate Obamacare.

Is this correct?
YES.
A simple answer won't post so thats why this line

If so, do the statutes also REQUIRE a doctor to report firearms possessed or owned by such an individual?
No, Just that you are nuts in the Docs opion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top