JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone its GunNoob again..

I know TONS of guys that think having a gun is all they really need to stay alive in a bad situation, WRONG. A gun will do a great deal for you in two ways.. protection and hunting. A gun will not keep you warm, start a fire, build a shelter, give you water, nor will it teach you any kind of skill you would need to survive in a hard time. You need to depend on yourself and the knowledge you have when it comes to survival. Whether you are in a city or on a mountain the skills you acquire before an "event" is what will really save your butt. I really believe that hands-on training is what you need in order to gain this experience.. To me, a gun is like a hammer, its a tool.. its made to do one thing.. Just think, if and when your survival becomes your daily priority would you rather have a gun with ammo.. or a bag of survival gear. I know people that would choose this one tool over many tools. If you choose the gun.. give me a few reasons why.
Just throwing this out there...thanks for reading.

Hey everyone its GunNoob again..

I know TONS of guys that think having a gun is all they really need to stay alive in a bad situation, WRONG. A gun will do a great deal for you in two ways.. protection and hunting. A gun will not keep you warm, start a fire, build a shelter, give you water, nor will it teach you any kind of skill you would need to survive in a hard time. You need to depend on yourself and the knowledge you have when it comes to survival. Whether you are in a city or on a mountain the skills you acquire before an "event" is what will really save your butt. I really believe that hands-on training is what you need in order to gain this experience.. To me, a gun is like a hammer, its a tool.. its made to do one thing.. Just think, if and when your survival becomes your daily priority would you rather have a gun with ammo.. or a bag of survival gear. I know people that would choose this one tool over many tools. If you choose the gun.. give me a few reasons why.
Just throwing this out there...thanks for reading.
I'd take my go bag; it comes with a knife, hatchet, small axe, cable saw, fire starting gear, compass and altimeter, four space blankets, signal mirror and strobe, 300ft of parachute cord, two small game traps, water purification gear, MREs for four days for two, and a crank flashlight.

I suppose it depends on the survival situation. If im naked and freezing, then I would rather have the bag of dry clothse, a sleeping bag, tent and fire starter. But If im naked and freezing and being chased by bad guys who posess said bag of survival gear. I might rather have the tool that will stop the bad guys pursuit and net me his gear in the process.
I think the right mind set includes: never being far from your basic 4, Food, shelter, clothing, weapon.

I'd take my go bag; it comes with a knife, hatchet, small axe, cable saw, fire starting gear, compass and altimeter, four space blankets, signal mirror and strobe, 300ft of parachute cord, two small game traps, water purification gear, MREs for four days for two, and a crank flashlight.

My point exactly.. and with the right knowledge you could use many of those tools as a form of protection.

I suppose it depends on the survival situation. If im naked and freezing, then I would rather have the bag of dry clothse, a sleeping bag, tent and fire starter. But If im naked and freezing and being chased by bad guys who posess said bag of survival gear. I might rather have the tool that will stop the bad guys pursuit and net me his gear in the process.
I think the right mind set includes: never being far from your basic 4, Food, shelter, clothing, weapon.

I think the bad guys are gonna be the guys that have no gear.. the desperate ones.... thats just my opinion

ok i will bite
if i only have my gun (in that kind of situation)
and i run into you who has all the skill and equipment
after we join up or even if we dont since i have the gun i dont need you and i can have all your stuff?

And the point I was trying to make was.. given a choice.. before you were put in any hypothetical situation.. and you had to choose a gun or a bag of gear.. what would you choose..

ok i will bite
if i only have my gun (in that kind of situation)
and i run into you who has all the skill and equipment
after we join up or even if we dont since i have the gun i dont need you and i can have all your stuff?

This would make you a bad guy and G i Joe would be all over your *** lol

If SHF everything you own could be taken from you in a flash..including your life. If you have a few Glocks and ammo stashed, you'll be able to trade them to the sheep for anything you may need.

I was in a search and rescue explorer group when I was young. It was a great tool to learn survival skills and how to be comfortable in the woods. I would highly suggest this for anyone who has kids. I did it when I was in 6th and 7th grade. Lessons that will last a lifetime. And may even save your life.

The only tool you will ever need is a sharpened mind.

If SHF everything you own could be taken from you in a flash..including your life. If you have a few Glocks and ammo stashed, you'll be able to trade them to the sheep for anything you may need.
And/or fleece the unwilling sheep :D I'm not saying....... I'm just saying.
If the S really hits the fan in a big way, guns and ammo will become currency, as well as a way to defend ones self, and hunt (not really game specific).
Just my $.02
That being said, I have a well thought out BOB, and it includes a G19 & KelTec SUB2000 and 200rds of 9mm. If I had to separate them, or choose between the bag w/o the guns, or just the guns, I would take the guns. If hard pressed, I can procure all I need with the guns, but without them I can not keep any of it.

Is that what you've found from experience?:s0114:

My opinion? A gun for hunting? After a few weeks there won't be much to shoot but zombies. Having said that, I'll have my share of firearms and survival foods, etc.

Sorry Jim, couldn't help myself.

Will

Well now :s0112::s0112: you play then you pay:s0112::s0112:

If the brain is the only tool then we could have a battle of wits, if you were not such an unarmed opponent :s0112::s0112:

Sorry will but you started it:s0114::s0114:

jj

I guess what I was trying to get across is that you can do a lot more with many tools than with one tool.. guns and bullets yada yada.. currency blah blah blah.. I guess if people think they can take things from you with guns now and its OK then there is no hope later.. but in the SHTF I do wish you all luck if something ever happens.

The only real tool that would save you is your brain. Use it or lose.

jj

Thanks Jim for saying that. If you can't think it does not matter what you have. You have to have a certain mind set when it comes to survial. Man has been w/o guns for a long time before us and that is the last thing you need in the middle of the desert or mountains. Kudos Jim.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top