JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a tangent, anyone carry with 9mm +P+ ammo? I'm seeing some interesting numbers on ammo from Underwood, Buffalo Bore, et al.

I used to shoot a ton of 9mm Parabellum back in the day, know I shot +P, but honestly don't recall if I shot much, or any +P+ loads. For reasons unknown (and I've long since given up on figuring out why I'll develop a fixation, firearms or otherwise) my focus has turned back to this one, and the really hot ammunition looks interesting.
My hiking load. I know "shocker" not 10mm.

I think if you're unsure just go with what the FBI chose as their duty ammo. They spend a lot of money and time with ballistics experts and went with this:

I talked with our local cops when I was picking out a defensive ammo... they run a mix of a few that all have " defense" in the name. Figured that's my line in court, if I ever have to use it to defend myself, I chose what local law enforcement uses, because their legal team is probably better than what I can afford.

Unless I'm in a situation inside my house, where I might accidentally grab some of my target loads, if I was in a time crunch.

On a tangent, anyone carry with 9mm +P+ ammo? I'm seeing some interesting numbers on ammo from Underwood, Buffalo Bore, et al.

I used to shoot a ton of 9mm Parabellum back in the day, know I shot +P, but honestly don't recall if I shot much, or any +P+ loads. For reasons unknown (and I've long since given up on figuring out why I'll develop a fixation, firearms or otherwise) my focus has turned back to this one, and the really hot ammunition looks interesting.
I make and shoot appropriate for caliber ammo, no +p, or +p+ in any firearm. My thought is if I need/want more horse power I just go up in caliber rather than stress test my particular firearm.

I carry Hornady Critical Defense.

I not plinkum with 9mm, dat wut .22 is fer.

I shoot IDPA with whatever 115gr is cheap. Federal, Win, S&B, Tula, whatever. Brass, Aluminum, or steel, makes no diff to me.

For plinking and target practice, I shoot whatever ball ammo I happen to have with me.

I carry HP's. As long as it's quality ammo, and I know it functions in whatever pistol I'm using, it really doesn't matter.

I prefer 124 grain.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top