JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering what you're first gun was? Was it a shotgun, handgun, rifle or pistol caliber carbine? Do you still have it and would you go back and get some training in on it? Would you keep you're first gun?

I have a Remington 870 shotgun it is still beautiful after 30 years. Now I'm thinking I can go to the range and relearn the fundamentals.

No I would not get rid of my first shotgun. My dad got me that when I was in the Boy Scouts
First firearm- Mossberg bolt .22, scoped. Got it @ age 11-12 IIRC- maybe age 10? Things that long ago gettin a little hazy sometimes, these days, LOL. I do remember hitting the pawn shops in a seedy part of town with my Dad.. I wanted a semi-auto SOOOO bad.. but he wouldn't have it, and I got this nice Mossie which I didnt appreciate right then. Anyway I worked my butt off to pay him back for it. $20 bucks, maybe? That would have been some hard-earned money for him at the time too.
Someone had taken the trouble to customise the stock with carving and hand checkering, which isnt half bad- probably someone's project. I carried that rifle many years, until moving to Colorado, which has fewer uses for a .22... Took a lot of small game in Michigan as I grew up... Got caught out in a Michigan blizzard one year and the moisture permanently fogged the scope, so I replaced that with a Weaver .22 rimfire scope, which has soldiered on for the last 4-1/2 decades. The only other thing I changed was mounting a military leather sling on it to improve my shooting style, and replacing the somewhat frail factory sling mounts that just didnt hold up.
It's an accurate hunting .22 with a smooth quick bolt, which I became very adept at running fast- for a bolt. Took a lot of small game and I was a "Dead-eye Dick" in the autumn Michigan woods.
It's kinda sad, really, that I can't remember the last time I took it out and fired it... we were so close back when... It's stored clean and safely, because I never shoot .22's anymore with the exception of my little .22 S&W revolver used on local varmints around the estancia...

Last Edited:
Daisy 102 BB beast! Given to me for Chistmas at the ripe old age of 4. I still have it. I've torn it apart a couple times to overhaul it, repainting, etc. All my kids used it as their first intro to shooting and hopefully it'll keep going through this next batch of youngins.

Other than seals and rings I've never had to replace a single part on it and that plastic stock.. not a single chip in it.

Mossberg 500 security pump.
20"
Wanna call it California edition with mag restricter …. But I assume they put the wooden stick in there for hunting rules

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top