JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ApronAmy - good choice for a first handgun. You really sound like you are really a together young lady.
As far as paranoia - it would be colloquial rather than clinical paranoia to regard it as unwise to list your guns in a public forum. Besides, it's not paranoia if they really ARE out to get you, and malign personages watch the web to gather information. Sound paranoid? Tax feeders and bill collectors watch Facebook to see if you are bragging about a new car when you have filed for bankruptcy, or if the lifestyle you claim matches your tax returns. You can bet the BATFE predators watch this site. (Herr Sturmmann, you can tell the Reichsmarschall back at Obergruppenamt that I have no illegal firearms. I am scrupulously careful about such things.)

ArmaLite M-15 - SHTF long gun

zombiegear.jpg

AK-47 - SHTF backup long gun

Glock 22 - SHTF pistol

Glock 23 - EDC

ArmaLite AR-10 - Boat oar of doom. Would like to take hunting at some point.

ar102.png

Mossberg 590 - HD/SHTF Master key

Springfield Armory 1911 #1 - HD

Springfield Armory 1911 #2 - HD

Glock 21SF - HD

Glock 17 - Shower gun/Zombie apocalypse

Remington 597 - Fun/SHTF small game

Springfield Armory M1 Garand - Fun/Collecting

I.B.M. M1 Carbine - Fun/Collecting

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly early in my gun collecting, but...

Old German .22LR single action revolver - Grandpa's old gun. Sentimentality

H&R .410 break-action single shot - Ditto above

Marlin-Glenfield 25 - My first gun, given to me by my other Grandpa. I mentioned to my mother when I was 14 that I wanted a gun to start shooting one morning before school. She called her father, who drove 3 hours to deliver the gun to me; it was waiting on my bed when I got home from school.

Norinco 84s pre-ban (AK-47 in .223) - AK reliability in .223. Plinking and SHTF rifle

Plainfield M1 Carbine - Fun to shoot, super-lightweight. Backup SHTF rifle, mostly because it came with 500 rounds of ammo

Ruger SR9c - CCW weapon.

Ruger 10/22 - General plinking and backpacking

Beretta 21a - General plinking, backup CCW

Remington 870 Express Tactical - HD weapon, pure and simple

Gonna get something smaller for summertime CCW while wearing lighter clothes, not sure what yet.

Hoping to get a Norinco MAK-90 in 7.62 with pistol grip stock, just so that I have a matching set. :D

How do I reply to this? Well, here goes. If I need to justify a firearms purchase to anyone, then the government is watching way to closely for the Constitution to bear. When the SHTF, the gun you have in your hand will have to do, otherwise, I'm hunkered down with them all and surrounded by ammunition. The beer and food is only a short stroll from there. Need I say more.

How do I reply to this? Well, here goes. If I need to justify a firearms purchase to anyone, then the government is watching way to closely for the Constitution to bear. When the SHTF, the gun you have in your hand will have to do, otherwise, I'm hunkered down with them all and surrounded by ammunition. The beer and food is only a short stroll from there. Need I say more.
Who said you were justifying it to the government?

All of mine have no job or use so I guess I bought all of them just because I wanted them.

What he said.......

I'm too new at this gun/shooting thing, I just want to see what different guns shoot like. I don't know people that will let me shoot theirs so I need to buy my own to shoot.

Call me in ten years, maybe I'll have better reasons for the guns I have then.

Thanks for asking!

Mike

Hmmm

Rifle:
Ruger 556 Ar15 TYPE - Defense, General higher power plinking, Javalina and coyote hunting

Tikka T3 – 30-06 Hunting Gun

Ruger 10/22: small game hunting, target practice, defense

Shotguns: - All for hunting
12 ga Semi Auto, 16 Ga O/U, 20 Ga SxS ( Backpacking / hunting shotgun)

Pistols:
XD40Sc – My carry pistol
S&W Bodyguard – Wife's
Ruger 22A pratice and plinking pistol

Speargun - When you really want to give some one the shaft

Who knows, these could end up in a boating accident and sink to the bottom of some lake . SO you never know what you may have at anytime

Here in yUK I have eighteen guns.

I bought all of them for the fun of owning them.

At one time I had 118 handguns - that included a collection [47] of Smith & Wesson Model 29 and 629.

All history now - so I REALLY enjoy what I have left - fifteen rifles and three handguns of the kind that we can have.

tac

Always hilarious to see there is no shortage of tin-foil hat enthusiasts on this board.

OT:

Semi-Autos:

Glock 17: The granddaddy Glock serves as my HD/Night stand gun. With TFOs on them they serve this purpose wonderfully. Plus 19+1 of 9mm JHPs should be more than enough for almost any threat. Also a SHTF sidearm.

Kel-tec P11: My daily concealed carry piece. I seldom leave the house without this pistol. Suits all my needs perfectly for a CC piece.

Ruger MK III 22/45: Everybody needs at least one semi-auto .22 pistol. This is perfect for plinking, target, and the varmints who are "special" and should probably be eliminated from the gene pool for getting too close.

CZ52: I have a hard-on for Russian and Com-Bloc weaponry and this fills the 7.62x25 role quite nicely. Super cheap ammo and real fun to shoot, purely recreational firearm.

Revolvers:

Nagant 1895: Compliments my other Nagant. Another Com-Bloc collector piece, the actual piece was cheap but ammo isn't as much as other Soviet staples but again a purely recreational firearm.

Charter Arms .38 Special: This is strictly a collector piece that was my Grandfather's, its an okay little shooter but nothing spectacular but it will one day be my non-existent
child(ren).

Rifles:

M44 Mosin Nagant: Love this carbine version of the Nagant. Another in the line of Soviet arms, but its fun and cheap to shoot plus if I ever needed to take game I could with it.

Ruger 10/22 x2: One is setup for "tacticool" and the other for plinking and varminting. Both have their uses as far as recreation goes and essential rifles for anybody.

AK-74: My SHTF/Go-to-War rifle. The aforementioned 10/22 is the training tool for this. Ammo is incredibly cheap, I love the ballistics of the cartridge and love Com-Bloc.

Shotgun:

Savage Model 69RXL: Old-school Riot Gun. Perfect for HD.

Red Ryder BB gun:Every boy should have one of these, good for just about any pest that might come into the yard.

Mine's many years old and still unfired. It used to hang on my office wall when I worked for a company that was very gun un-friendly. It was a statement about who I am. It was pretty cool to get positive comments and conversation to follow from many corporate guys that came into my office and saw it.

I won't go into the smallest details here, but I have a Dan Wesson CBOB that is my EDC and a Kimber 30-06 that is my "everywhere, everything" hunting rifle. I have backups for both of them, but mostly I buy guns because I want to shoot them.

RIFLES:

I have 6 AR's in various configurations... Carbines: 1 in .22LR for cheap training/plinking, 1 in 6.8SPC/6.5 Grendle (seperate uppers), 3 in .223/5.56, Rifle: one Colt A2 in a full blown 20" chambered in .223/5.56... general go-to SHTF/hunting/HD

I have 4 AK Romanian variants... two WASR-10/63's: one with upgraded synthetic foregrips and an ACE side folder, and one in classic (non laminated) wood furniture with a front "dong" grip. Then two Draco pistols: a Draco-C that's in the process of being SBR'ed, and a non-C that I may just keep as a pistol... general go-to SHTF/some hunting/HD.

I have a genuine IMI Galil in .308 that is the crown jewel of my collection that has synthetic foregrips, and a factory side folder... more of a safe queen because of its value, but occassionl range-beast/SHTF hunting/HD

I have four 22LR semi's... two 10/22's, one Glenfield Mod.-60 and an old Remington Mod. 550-1... for plinking/training/small game hunting/SHTF/general harrasment/HD

I have a family heirloom Winchester Model-94, its shootable but needs a bit of work on the breech so the gasses don't occassionally vent upwards in front of your face... for hunting

SHOTGUNS:

I have two Mossberg 500's: one has an 18" shrouded barrel and 8-shot mag-tube... strictly a combat shotty, the other has a 26" barrel and 5-shot tube... for hunting/HD if needed.

I have a Weatherby SA-08 all black w/synthetic furniture... AWESOME bird gun/HD if needed.

PISTOLS:

I have a Glock-30... my daily CCW/SHTF/HD

I have an Itallian made Beretta 92F... SHTF/HD

I have an Ithica 1911A1... SHTF/HD

I have a Taurus PT-145 backup CCW/SHTF/HD

I have a S&W 28-2 .357... hunting/SHTF/HD

I have a S&W Mod. 59 ... backup SHTF/HD

I also have thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo stored up and inventoried, and enough kids that can shoot well enough that I can kit them out with the above "toys" and almost have an Infantry squad if needed. ;)

I'll play,but don't see it as paranoid to not think it's a good idea to not list your guns.And I do not put up pictures unless the gun is for sale.It files under 'Nunnya'

So the rifles are for killin' bubblegum at long ranges and the pistols are for killin' bubblegum at close ranges
Any more questions?

Lately I have stopped buying toys and actually sold some. I have consolidated calibers so that I can have more rounds for each gun. In pistols I have only 22lr, 9mm and 40 SW for instance. In rifles only 22lr, 223/5.56 and 308.

(Oops, forgot the beloved tang safety .270 sub moa "sniper, LOL, but it's getting swapped for a .308) I would like to get an AK 74 because of dependability and cost of ammo. I might even sell my AR 15's and 5.56 ammo and do that. Don't know yet.

For shotguns it's just 12 ga. I need bird, buck shot, and then Remington Premier Accutip jacketed HP sabot slugs for fully rifled barrels (for PP's bears and buffalo, LOL.)

In consolidating, I not only am to where I need only 4 calibers of ammo total plus shotgun plus .22lr, but my reloading supplies are consolidated to fewer types of primers, powder and tools. I have more of each kind than ever before.

My "investment/barter" guns are Marlin 60 .22's when on sale.

Glocks, AR's, Remington 1100's, 1300 Defenders, 1300 bird guns, Nylon 66's, Marlin 60's... Nothing fancy here but each has a purpose, with duplicates.

one 1911 for personal carry. the rest just make me very happy. and when i need to feel responsable i tell myself they could be worth more than paper money some day. til then i will use paper money to buy them. i have bought thousands of dollars in jeep parts that i could not even sell now, broken. dont have that problem with guns.

I have 3 firearms and they have three purposes, one is self-defense handgun, one is both self-defense and clay target hitter, and last is a bolt action rifle for whatever i need it to do...which is right now, sell itself or trade itself >.>
Hi Point 45 (gift from my cheap-arse dad..it hasn't failed after 500 rounds so far)
1952 JC Higgins Model 20 12ga. dead nuts reliable and accurate; so I will not be modifying it in any way, shape, or form...only need to get the compensator set for the Power-Pac choke system.
Rem 770 bolt action 30-06. currently for sale CHEAP...wanted a bolt gun to see how I like it...I like the bolt guns, but I greatly prefer large capacity semi autos...like the SKS and AKs and ARs ....

EDIT: if my dad acquires the pocket 9mm with laser that he wants to acquire, I will be given the P85 MKIIR free; and that will replace the Hi Point 45...(i'll give him the 45 back since he has another one and could use a back up lol)
and I'm looking to get an SKS this weekend....if I can get rid of the 770 Bolt Action. Likely I wont own another bolt action till much much later.

For what you could sell the 770 for used,I'd keep it and still buy the AK/SKS you want.770's don't go for much used,and this isn't the time to try to sell a hunting rifle.
And having a bolt gun is good for feeding yourself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top