JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if I typed it it would just say bubblegum....sorry had to say it.

Deer is my favorite the wife always calls dibs on the heart though. they mainly feed on apples, roses and alphalfa around me so they're tasty.

Deadeye - if you can't/won't say it, say it with a nice picture.

Amy-Erbacher-3-BREJ13VNA3-1024x768.jpg

Amy-Erbacher-3-BREJ13VNA3-1024x768.jpg

( shredding man card now ) You'll have to pardon me. I've been married quite a long time. Burt's response never even crossed my mind. On the topic....of course elk and deer are my favorite but if you ever get the chance to shoot a mountain lion, eat it. The meat is quite good. Like very lean pork. " Cougar ! The Other White Meat ! "

( shredding man card now ) You'll have to pardon me. I've been married quite a long time. Burt's response never even crossed my mind. On the topic....of course elk and deer are my favorite but if you ever get the chance to shoot a mountain lion, eat it. The meat is quite good. Like very lean pork. " Cougar ! The Other White Meat ! "
Me too, coming up on 20 years. But have spent a lot of time in places where such humor was a daily occurance.
I wasnt tempted to make it, just knew it was coming. ;-)

You know you are getting kinda old when you start posts like this...
'Many years ago', I had a regular customer at the golf course where I was working. Some of you locals might recognize the name...Horst Mager. Proprietor of the Rheinlander and Gustovs. He was always pretty surly, grumpy, not super friendly or interested in even thinking about smiling.
One day I decided to ask him how he suggested cooking venison backstrap as I had just harvested a nice mule deer and had a nice amount of it in the freezer at home. His eyes and face lit up like a little kid with a hundred dollars to spend in Toys R Us. You could tell how passionate he was about it. He said it was one of his very favorites and the best way was to keep it simple, sliced fairly thin and covered with flour that had been lightly salted and peppered then nicely browned in the frying pan. It has been my favorite ever since.
My second favorite would be venison calzone that my wife makes using summer sausage and ground venison.
Third would be a Medium Rib Eye at Ruths Chris.
:s0155:

Elk and Antelope probably a tie in my house followed by Moose and Deer. Have had a pretty good Bear ham but have not eaten bear enough to make the list. It took awhile for my wife to perfect cooking game meat but she is an expert now. Cooked hot and fast rare in the middle mmmm. To the freezer I go!

... if you ever get the chance to shoot a mountain lion, eat it. The meat is quite good. Like very lean pork. " Cougar ! The Other White Meat ! "

Had my first cougar steaks last year at deer camp. Man-o-man! I couldn't get enough and my two daughters were eating it as fast as it came out of the frying pan. Now all they talk about is getting more cougar meat. :s0114:

Pretty much anything I've shot with fur or feathers falls into this category. I don't care much for duck so I quit hunting them. Bob cat is damn good too speaking of cougar, and no Burt, get your mind out of the gutter.
I raised the kids by the don't shoot it if your not going to eat it rule. Well I once shot a crow in the garden and my ten year old son retrieved it and asked, can I help you clean it Dad? Yep you guessed it, I've eaten crow both literally and proverbially and both ways tasted bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top