JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Forgot about these, my son is coming over to make some. Found at Safeway but now we make our own. Cut in half a jalapeno and hollow it out., fill with cream cheese and spice of your choice. Put a large shrimp on top then wrap it in bacon. best if cooked with a matt on a grill.
[h2][/h2]

Grab mac n cheese is great, too.

One that I haven't seen mentioned is Red Rock crab. There's not much meat in the body, but the claws have some of the sweetest crab meat I've ever eaten. Next time we go crabbing I think I'll use the Red Rock meat for mac n cheese.

Fresh BBQed tuna and fresh canned tuna My favorite.

20160618_162702.jpg

Grab mac n cheese is great, too.

One that I haven't seen mentioned is Red Rock crab. There's not much meat in the body, but the claws have some of the sweetest crab meat I've ever eaten. Next time we go crabbing I think I'll use the Red Rock meat for mac n cheese.
It's been many years since we accidentally hooked red rock crabs sometimes fishing off the Barview Jetty. We kept them because there was no size limit. they were good sized enough though. I remember them being better meat than dungie's. Much harder shells though.

Red rock crab definitely a lot sweeter meat. We have gotten a quite a few monsters off they rocks when dropping pots too close. We always keep them as well worth the low meat and hard shells.
It's been many years since we accidentally hooked red rock crabs sometimes fishing off the Barview Jetty. We kept them because there was no size limit. they were good sized enough though. I remember them being better meat than dungie's. Much harder shells though.

My vote is for all of the seafood. All of it.
Right. I never met any cooked seafood I didn't like.

However, I've been unwilling to eat sushi or any other raw fish or meat. For seventh grade science class one day in Tokyo the teacher went to the market and bought hog and fish offal and dissected it in class and showed us all the parasites and described the life cycles and what it was like when humans got those parasites. This was 1958, when all the locally available vegetables in Tokyo were fertilized with the raw contents of honey pots, human "night soil", and most farmers had a fish pond they fertilized in part with raw or semi raw hog manure or night soil. In Japanese cuisine back then veggies were normally eaten cooked or fermented, not raw. So humans normally didn't get the parasites. But American housewives on military bases back then, who are many veggies raw, needed to learn to cook or peel or bleach wash all vegetables. That day in science class made such a large impression that sushi and steak tatare are permanently off my list of edibles.

Growing up in the fishing business for me it is still the best. I would eat black cod ( unless your saying black rock cod). But that's just me.
Oh it is good for sure fresh caught and into the frying pan sameday is the best. I just had over 100lbs of lines in the freezer a few years in a row lol. I am referring to black cod or sablefish.

My vote is for all of the seafood. All of it.
Pretty much! Even the seaweed. We were clamming down in Garibaldi out there on the rocks. There were some folks of the Asian persuasion who were raking cockles and gathering seaweed. they were really nice, funny, joking with each other. Spoke perfect English. I was telling them how much I'd like to have what ever the were having for dinner. They were prepared to have us over and feed us if we wanted.

I'd even like to try urchin gonads. I'll never pay the price for it though.

I can do without shark meat. It has high amounts of uric acid and ammonia in the flesh and tastes like p!ss. To get rid of the p!ss flavor you need to soak it in several changes of water. One recipe I saw suggests soaking in milk. Many recipes say nothing about the awful flavor. Shark meat also has little fat, so a marinade may be useful. I'd eat it if I was short on food. But given other options I'd just toss it back.

Good points above.

If you're gonna do Uni, it has to busted open right then and there anything out of the shell turns to garbage fast.
I guess "Uni" is urchin huh? Yeah, stuff like that I'd only eat, or just try, only if it was straight out of the live animal. Raw oysters have to be about the most disgusting thing there is, as far as raw seafood goes. I did develop a taste for raw oysters though. It was AFTER my first time eating them, at a bar, after lot's of beer. A WAS THE MAN! The oysters were from a jar. First one, out of a shot glass with lotsa' cocktail sauce went down good! I was the MAN. Second one, I finally got it down, kept it down. It was sometime, several years after that, that I tried them fresh out of the shell. I loved 'em. I had to quite eating them a year or so ago because of lost sense of taste. Texture only on some things just don't work for me anymore.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top