JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zero, It seems to be Friday early afternoons that I can't stand it anymore and have to go shoot something. :)

rayd8, I haven't tried Prvi, seems like the guy at Ammunition To Go likes it a lot though. From my recent trials, it really looks like (everybody keeps saying is right) it's what works in your particular weapon that counts. Your rifle might love the Federal Gold Match 69 grain JHP's, for example.

I don't personally have a favorite but I do have a related question for Wichaka or anyone else who knows the answer. I recently bought some Federal XM193F 55gr 5.56 at Bi-Mart, does anyone know what the "F" stand for and if this stuff is any different from the regular XM193?

Hey, Doc,
With a 1:7 twist you should give some of the heavier bullets a try. Something in the 75-77gr range. They typically like a faster twist rate. Not that an inch and half group with a carbine is bad, but the heavies might tighten them up a little more.
Just my 2 cents.

Yes, it is the same XM193 we've all come to know and love.

They just packaged it at the Federal plant to expedite the ammo to the market.
They are trying to streamline their process to keep up with demand.

We should be seeing more ammo on the market soon. But the prices won't be coming down, until the materials bought at the higher cost are used up.

I'm goin to have to bust out a box of my carefully horded Hornady LEO 75gr. BTHP T2 rounds, I suppose.

They are so hard to get it's a pity to shoot 'em into paper! :s0114:

Hey, Doc,
With a 1:7 twist you should give some of the heavier bullets a try. Something in the 75-77gr range. They typically like a faster twist rate. Not that an inch and a quarter group with a carbine is bad, but the heavies might tighten them up a little more.
Just my 2 cents.

You might try some Fiocchi Extrema ammo loaded with Hornady V-Max bullets. I haven't found any factory ammo more accurate in my .223 bolt guns with 1 in 12" twist rate, and it even shoots sub MOA in my 1 in 8" twist AR's. And the best part is the price, Midway currently is offering the 40 gr version for $21.49 for a box of 50 rounds. It is my favorite factory .223 ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top