JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For years i refused to give in to the plastic gun gods and carried my trusty 1911. The 1911 being a single stack carry's well for me but tends to be on the heavy side. In 2010 a friend was down and out and needed some cash, I reluctantly bought his Glock 19 with night sights and 4 mags. That glock quickly became my favorite CCW. Since that time i have shot a ton of plastic guns from Hks sigs rugers walthers S&W but none struck me as being any better than than my g19. After 9 years of hard use i decided to retire my 19 and start the search for a replacement. A buddy of mine from the service recommended that i check out the FN fns c9 I knew Fn made great guns for the military. After reading several positive reviews i decided to take a chance and bought one. The first thing i noticed was the overall quality from the finish to the internals after firing 500 rounds or so i am very happy with this purchase the trigger and reset are excellent and accuracy is exceptional. My 1911 is still my favorite handgun and always will be but i think i found a Jewell for my CCW needs. Whats yours?

Mine is still my Colt Series '70 Government model .45acp.
It was the first handgun that I shot..its been the "House gun " in the the house I grew up in...Dad taught me how to shoot with it...And it still is the pistol I shoot the best with.
So its not the fanciest , nor tactical or "high speed"...but it does work well for me.
Andy
DSC06046.jpg

Well I been carrying a Glock 19 for a while now but today I got out and finally shot.
The S@W 9mm shield that I got a month ago.
I like it it's a good gun .
But the capacity is limited.
But I really like it it just feels good and when I raise it up the site just comes in to focus good.
I will have to do more practice.
And compare .
My shot times a and hits from draw to shoot.
But it's going to be close

I would love to carry my Kimber 1911 .
But it's heavy and holds less than the Glock and the same as the sheild .
But the shield is smaller lighter .
I geuss I need to do more testing.

That's 'cause a real gun like a 1911 does weigh more than those plastic toy wonder guns...'Cause its a real gun...:D

just kidding....
One should carry whatever pistol or revolver that works the best for you.
Whichever gun is the most comfortable and the one that you shoot the best , is far better for you , than anyone else's likes or dislikes in guns...
Andy

But the main thing I am going to to look at is does it work every time.
My Glock has never failed to fire.
I tried three different kinds of ammo today in the shield..
Accully it was more accurate with target ammo.
But not by much.
But I didn't get a jam or failure to feed with it.
With any ammo for the price I paid for my shield online from PSA .
250 BUCKS .AND after the transfer fee and WASHINGTON TAX 350 BUCKS.
it's a good gun

That's 'cause a real gun like a 1911 does weigh more than those plastic toy wonder guns...'Cause its a real gun...:D

just kidding....
Whichever gun is the most comfortable and the one that you shoot the best , is far better for you , than anyone else's likes or dislikes in guns...
Andy
LOL I carry my 1911 alot during the winter but when its hot out its hard to conceal a full size hand gun. Their is nothing better than cool steel in a good leather holster. That being said its nice having a piece that conceals easy during those hot months

just kidding....
Andy
Lol yeah you are right about that .
I want one that I can carry and forget about it till I need it .
Then be able to to draw and shoot it quick.
BASICALLY with out thinking if you know what I mean.
Just muscle reaction .
Draw point shoot .
In a second or two

Just muscle reaction .

I have found that when having to shoot "for real..."
It was all muscle memory for me...I can't really remember "sighting" , firing , recoil , scanning for more threats etc...
Afterwards in the AAR reports / interviews ...yeah maybe , at times...but in the moment , nope...which may be one reason
why I am here and others are not....
Andy

My Glock 19x is is what I carry it's different from a regular Glock 19 because it has a Glock 17 grip .
The grip is the main part ..
Of Shooting a handgun.
My shield came with a little 7 round mag .
Guess where it is .
Well I will keep it in case I need it but I have 4 10 round mags and a 8 round mag MVIMG_20190209_100257.jpg MVIMG_20190209_100314.jpg MVIMG_20190209_100700.jpg

2011 Double stack 1911 in 10 mm auto or a Kimber Eclipse single stack 1911 also in 10 mm, Or, you guessed it, a 1911 only a para ordnance Warthawg double stack in 9 mm! I tried plastic, just couldn't do it!
Wife carries a Beretta Cougar or a Beretta 92 compact, slickest 9 mm ever!
pueqaA7.jpg

I have found that when having to shoot "for real..."
It was all muscle memory for me...I can't really remember "sighting" , firing , recoil , scanning for more threats etc...
Afterwards in the AAR reports / interviews ...yeah maybe , at times...but in the moment , nope...which may be one reason , why I am here and others are not....
Andy
Yes me I never been in SITUATIONS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN .
but I can stand there all day long and try to hit the bullseye take my time.
And never hit two in the same spot.
But .
I have drawn the gun double tap.
Then just draw the gun double tap as fast as I can.
And had good or great shots.
No time to think about it.
But practice practice practice practice.
That's the key

2011 Double stack 1911 in 10 mm auto or a Kimber Eclipse single stack 1911 also in 10 mm, Or, you guessed it, a 1911 only a para ordnance Warthawg double stack in 9 mm! I tried plastic, just couldn't do it!
Wife carries a Beretta Cougar or a Beretta 92 compact, slickest 9 mm ever!
View attachment 554153
My friend says he will always carry his 92 he loves it and it's hits the target

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top