Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Your Favorite AR-15 Sight / Scope

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by BobbyG35, Jul 23, 2012.

1. BobbyG35

BobbyG35 Corvallis, OR New Member

I did a quick search and didn't come up with any definitive responses, so I figured I'd open a new topic regarding AR-15 sights.

Which sight/scope do you prefer to use on your AR-15 rifle?

What I've used

UTG 4X Scope
    UTG Red Dot
    MBUS Manual Sights

I'd like to own a EOTECH Holo but I can't bring myself to spend $450+ for a sight, unless someone has one I can try out first.

If you can list make/model and price + link to purchase location that would help out greatly.

2. BobbyG35

No, I'm talking M&P AR-15 Sport or any AR-15 .223, why is UTG not a brand anyone uses?

3. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

UTG is garbage, you're better off burning your money.

Buy once cry once. If you're on a budget, get an Aimpoint Pro. Or an Eotech if you prefer a large reticle.

4. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

I have a nikon 6-18x40 on mine seeing as how yours is a carbine I'd use open sights or a 2-7 or 3x9 or if your into the whole tacticool thing go with an aimpoint I had one and sold it just not my thing

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Try a 1-4x scope. Millet has one that's affordable (BK81002). If willing to spend more, check Leupold, etc. I like buying my glass from swfa.com or Midway USA.

6. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

It depends on what you are going to do with the AR. I have one with a 6.5-22X50, a old Colt 4X, a M223 Nikon, a few with irons and co-witness irons/red dot. I have a half built one here with a holo on it. Hard to beat the co-witness/red dot when shooting under 200yds.

7. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

I have a EOTech 553 Clone that I have mounted on my AR and I really like it. It cost about $125 but works great. I know it isn't the real thing and if I was going into a warzone, I would pay the $640 for the real EOTech.

View attachment 42888
    View attachment 42889

8. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

My favorite is the ACOG. I have a TA-11, but like to shoot my steel also.

9. BobbyG35

Thanks for the replies, I'll continue to search for a decent priced quality alternative to the EOTech's. I just can't justify spending $500+ on a target, fun gun.

10. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

What's you budget?

Primary Arms makes a very good Aimpoint Micro clone for under $150 with the mount. Since it uses the same mount as a real Micro you can save there when/if you upgrade.

H

11. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

12. slicediceputinrice

slicediceputinrice SE Portland Active Member

the stock irons have been working fine for years, I didn't feel like adding a $300 optic so I just folded up three 100 dollar bills and stuck them in the trap door pistol grip for bragging rights

13. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

:bluelaugh:

Should have put 10 of them in there so you could brag to nightforce aimpoint, trijicon snobs

14. Luke2236

Luke2236 Springfield, Oregon New Member

I have used both the EOTech and a Vortex PST 1-4x. Both are excellent sights. The EOTech is certainly better for fast target acquisition but the Vortex is nice because it doesn't require batteries and it is variable magnification. Both of these optics are available for under $500 making them relatively inexpensive.

If you only want to buy once the Vortex unconditional lifetime warranty makes it a good choice.

15. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Don't shoot at night much, do you?

There is more to rifle shooting than sunny days at the range.

H

16. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

17. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I second that. I have the millett dms 1. Works for everything out to 300 yards.

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I installed the new mini Eotech BDC holo on my gal's new AR15 and it's a great little sight.. there are tip off magnifiers for this setup, as well