JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a quick search and didn't come up with any definitive responses, so I figured I'd open a new topic regarding AR-15 sights.

Which sight/scope do you prefer to use on your AR-15 rifle?

What I've used

UTG 4X Scope
UTG Red Dot
MBUS Manual Sights

I'd like to own a EOTECH Holo but I can't bring myself to spend $450+ for a sight, unless someone has one I can try out first.

If you can list make/model and price + link to purchase location that would help out greatly.

I have a nikon 6-18x40 on mine seeing as how yours is a carbine I'd use open sights or a 2-7 or 3x9 or if your into the whole tacticool thing go with an aimpoint I had one and sold it just not my thing

It depends on what you are going to do with the AR. I have one with a 6.5-22X50, a old Colt 4X, a M223 Nikon, a few with irons and co-witness irons/red dot. I have a half built one here with a holo on it. Hard to beat the co-witness/red dot when shooting under 200yds.

I have a EOTech 553 Clone that I have mounted on my AR and I really like it. It cost about $125 but works great. I know it isn't the real thing and if I was going into a warzone, I would pay the $640 for the real EOTech.

What's you budget?

Primary Arms makes a very good Aimpoint Micro clone for under $150 with the mount. Since it uses the same mount as a real Micro you can save there when/if you upgrade.

H

I have used both the EOTech and a Vortex PST 1-4x. Both are excellent sights. The EOTech is certainly better for fast target acquisition but the Vortex is nice because it doesn't require batteries and it is variable magnification. Both of these optics are available for under $500 making them relatively inexpensive.

If you only want to buy once the Vortex unconditional lifetime warranty makes it a good choice.

I installed the new mini Eotech BDC holo on my gal's new AR15 and it's a great little sight.. there are tip off magnifiers for this setup, as well

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top