JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marlin 1894 carbine, built to 80's JM quality with a stainless finish, chambered in 10mm, with a synthetic stock in FDE, Skinner sights, and to be really weird; duel magazine tubes to raise capacity to 24 rounds.

A lever gun in
9mm
10mm
Or .45ACP
Would be neat....wonder if there would be a market for such...?
Andy
Great minds think alike, stumbled upon this thread and that was my first immediate thought.
Lever gun in .45 ACP would be pretty sweet, could probably fit 15 or more in those tube magazines, maybe even more in .45 GAP.
10mm would be pretty tempting too or 9x23 winchester.

Great minds think alike, stumbled upon this thread and that was my first immediate thought.
Lever gun in .45 ACP would be pretty sweet, could probably fit 15 or more in those tube magazines, maybe even more in .45 GAP.

...maybe a lever version of Marlin's old Camp Carbine?

So simple. Marlin 39A, Marlin Mountie. I drooled over them as a boy, struggling to make the choice in my mind. Now I have both and seldom shoot them. Now as then, I love the quality and the charisma. Back when rifles were rifles.

My original golden 39A
My new 1895 Marlin 45-70
Plain Jane, simple and gets the job done

Marlin39.jpg 20200810_192244.jpg

Last Edited:
...another one I wouldn't mind owning....

1597135571349.png

...Browning B92 in .357.
Yeah, its made in Japan, but I never heard anyone cuss any of those guns, either.
Smooth and accurate performer. Every one of them, apparently.

Dean

Yeah, its made in Japan, but I never heard anyone cuss any of those guns, either.

Since this is a dream thread, your comment has me thinkin'...

How about a samurai sword meets lever action gun?

Receiver and lever milled from folded steel, bluing so dark it'll make Dahmer's soul jealous, and grip textures modeled after pristine samegawa. Bronze for all the small parts and an inlaid menuki as well...

I'd buy one.

That's not a gun, or a sword, that a work of art!
There was a pirate pistol that had a cutlass blade attached to it, way back when, so your idea does have merit....at least historically....

1597180432760.png

I wish Browning would bring back the 1886 SRC that they made back in the day, it didn't have the safety or rebounding hammer like the Winchesters have.
Oh,, and make it in stainless steel.

A Winchester 1895 in .30-06 with a bayonet would be a formidable weapon...

View attachment 734471
I'm happy with the .30-40.
Highly capable round and the '95 was strong enough to handle the modern loading for that round.
Nothing in NA is beyond its reach.
The .30-40 and the .303 Savage....two sadly underestimated rounds that should still have guns chambered for them.

Dean

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews