JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An all-weather .357 magnum.

We have something like that in the battery. :)

spacecowboy1-jpg.jpg

Livin the dream here, in the form of 4 ( yup, go big or go home) Winchester 1895 lever actions! 3 of them are in .30/06 and one is in .405 Winchester!
My wet dream would be a matched pair, one chambered in .375 H&H, and the other a take down in .500 Jeffries! How cool would that be! :D:D:D

I Have a few Marlin 1895's, one a Original 100 year anniversary half round/half octagonal and the other a XLR stainless that's been highly worked over! Both are really slick and shoot very nicely! Had a 336 years ago in .35 Rem, it was a nice and slick shooter, but the cartridge left me wanting, and was never of fan of the .30 WCF ether! Would love to play with one in something a little hotter, but haven't found the right combo yet!
Try the Marlin .375 Winchester (looks like the 336) if you can find one. Mine is plenty hot with factory ammo and can get hotter with hand loads.

Try the Marlin .375 Winchester (looks like the 336) if you can find one. Mine is plenty hot with factory ammo and can get hotter with hand loads.
In '78 a friend of my dad bought a 94 AE in .375 Winchester.
It was going to be his elk gun, but those guns had a different butt stock than the regular carbines and he couldn't get his head down on the gun.
He ended up scoping it (like my dad later did with his) and that helped, as it caused him to raise his head slightly to aim the gun..
Still had it when he died. Not sure who has it now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent discussions concerning the '95 Winchester and the BLR brought to mind a couple of other combos I wouldn't mind owning....
'95 Winchester in .30-40 and a stainless BLR in .358.
Those would be niiiice. :cool:

Dean

Last Edited:
Nice. How is it with that suppressor? Quiet enough to shoot it without using ear protection?

I shoot it generally with the silencer in place. From what I read, it isn't a good idea to run .357 Magnum loads through the can, so I stick to .38 Special when running suppressed. It is super quiet and, indeed, I can shoot without hearing protection setup with such. It makes for fun plinking sessions. And without the muffler in place, I can run full house .357 Magnum loads. :)

My paternal Grandfather bought a model 1873 Winchester .38WCF (38-40) in 1900. My father inherited it upon his fathers death and gave it to me about thirty years ago. My grandson will be a teenager in a few days but I am not ready to part with this rifle yet so he may have to wait until I'm gone to receive it. Anyway, how cool would it be to own your great, great Grandfather's firearm? I am excited for him. Tom
Take my word for it, it's VERY cool! Your son will treasure it.
RRB Restore - 09.jpg

View attachment 663196
I know this is a lever gun thread, but this is an interesting side discussion.
I did not know any of my grandparents. The only one to survive to my birth passed away just before I turned 4....months.
I do, however, have my father's father's shotgun.
I find it cool as an antiquity, but I don't feel the connection through family that I feel when I use one of my father's arms.
It seems, in my case anyway, that the connection to family is also a connection through memory.

...anyway, apologies for skewing the thread.
To help us get back on track, here's a couple of pics of my old 94 Winchester that I sold about 3 years ago.
It was made in '79.....

Winchester_Model1894_Me_01.JPG Winchester_Model1894_Me_02.JPG

:)

Dean

="DeanMk, post: 2471743, member: 9736"]
my old 94 Winchester that I sold about 3 years ago.
It was made in '79.....
Old? In my world, that's almost new!
Good post. I feel blessed that I knew all 4 of my grandparents. The only gun I have from that generation is the Luger my grandfather's younger brother brought from France when he returned in 1919. My grandfather's Winchester, model unknown, other than "the biggest Winchester there was" my Great grandfather bought him back in the days of an Oklahoma range war around 1896 was lost in a tornado in 1947.
It makes me sad that so few have a gun even from their father, much less earlier generations. And worse, that many of those who do just see dollar signs.

Thank you for your response. You are fortunate to have that rifle I think. My Grandfather was born in 1881 and my father in 1925 when both my grand parents were in their early forties. He (grandfather) went to Alaska for the gold rush and did well financially as a Teamster hauling goods out and in the gold fields. When he returned to Washington he opened a livery stable in Kent and also a sawmill in Enumclaw on the forty acres he owned there. He was in his sixties when I was a boy and lived well into his eighties and I still remember him hauling firewood logs on a horse drawn sledge cut on his property. Tough old coot. This rifle is going to my grandson not my son as my son is a devout member of the jehovah's witnesses and I fear it would be sold and the proceeds given to his church. He has an absolute right to his beliefs but so do I. Again thanks for you relating your positive feelings about having your ancestors firearm. Best. Tom

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top