JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont really have a "dream" lever gun...
But....
An integrally suppressed stainless 45-70 would be cool. Especially with a solid option for a lvpo. Maybe *gasp* mlok for adding a light.
I like the option for "tactical" and dont care too much for legacy or "classic"

Same here.
Not really a "dream" gun, but I'd like to have a 336 in .30-30 with a 1-4X scope mounted on it and a nice big comfy sling.
When I was kid, I lusted for a Savage 99 in .300 Savage...I wonder why they never developed a .35 Savage? Woulda been a goodin'.

Dean

FYI: Marlin is bring back the 444 Marlin seems to be designed as a short barreled brush gun and or brush pilots gun. I think with a 18 inch barrel and large lever. Seems special coating for harsh weather.

I guess one of my dream lever guns would have to a Model 95 Winchester chambered in .405 Win. ... big medicine... but it'll have to take it's place in line behind the pre-safety Marlin series, I need a .357, .44 and a 45-70 (I had to sell that one) to go with my 39 22lr. Another one that deserves mention, I've always wanted a Browning BLR take-down in .308

Rossi has a few new things silently released.

1582229822771.jpeg

Same here.
Not really a "dream" gun, but I'd like to have a 336 in .30-30 with a 1-4X scope mounted on it and a nice big comfy sling.
When I was kid, I lusted for a Savage 99 in .300 Savage...I wonder why they never developed a .35 Savage? Woulda been a goodin'.

Dean
Like you said, it isnt really a "dream gun" like a 94 Winnie pre-64, but I have the Marlin 336 cowboy model (straight stock) made before all the safety stuff the lawyers wanted- I like it a lot and like the side eject with the scope mounted over the bore. With the sling it is a nice rifle! I chose it over a 94 winnie because reasons. A winnie from the 30-40-50's would be nice but not holding my breath!

Like you said, it isnt really a "dream gun" like a 94 Winnie pre-64, but I have the Marlin 336 cowboy model (straight stock) made before all the safety stuff the lawyers wanted- I like it a lot and like the side eject with the scope mounted over the bore. With the sling it is a nice rifle! I chose it over a 94 winnie because reasons. A winnie from the 30-40-50's would be nice but not holding my breath! Ive used a Savage in .300, it is a really nice deer rifle...

Like you said, it isnt really a "dream gun" like a 94 Winnie pre-64, but I have the Marlin 336 cowboy model (straight stock) made before all the safety stuff the lawyers wanted- I like it a lot and like the side eject with the scope mounted over the bore. With the sling it is a nice rifle! I chose it over a 94 winnie because reasons. A winnie from the 30-40-50's would be nice but not holding my breath!
You've got a nice gun and Marlin owners the world owner just started salivating after reading your post.
When I was in my late teens/20's, one of the guns I lusted after were a 336 in 35 Remington.
At the time, the Winnie seemed to be portrayed as the lighter handier rifle, so that swayed me towards it and away from the 336.
In later years, I went hunting with a guy who had borrowed his dad's Glenfield 30 A and that showed me just how alike both guns are.
...so much for marketing.
I like the 336 for the same reasons you do. That solid top/side ejection make mounting a scope a lot easier proposition than my father encountered with his 94 Winchester….

Winchester_Model1894_Dad_01.jpg

...as the years go on, I appreciate the attributes of a low powered scope for general deer/elk hunting in the PNW.
I figure, if I have a 1-4x scope on full magnification and I still can't tell whether I'm looking at a deer or a cow, I gotta think twice about taking the shot with a .30-30.
That's matching the scope to the gun/cartridge combo you're hunting with.

Dean

Not a "dream", per se, but a 94 carbine-sized lever-gun, with a detachable box magazine or strip-clip fed in 7.62x39㎜ ComBloc would be neat-o.

Browning BLR or Henry's clone of it would be box mag and could take pointed projectiles. Both are available in 5.56 or 7.62x51, so I would guess they could be made in 7.62x39, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I would probably buy one if they made it.

Browning BLR or Henry's clone of it would be box mag and could take pointed projectiles. Both are available in 5.56 or 7.62x51, so I would guess they could be made in 7.62x39, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I would probably buy one if they made it.

Interesting; I wasn't aware there was a 5.56x45㎜ NATO lever-gun offering. I'll have to check that out. :)

I have often thought a nice slick handling Marlin 1895 Lever chambered in the .500 S&W would be the schiznit, talk about a powerful companion back up hunting partner in large bear country! Second choice would be a big framed Ruger Hawk Eye Guide bolt action in the same chambering! I guess I gotta wait for ether! :(

I have often thought a nice slick handling Marlin 1895 Lever chambered in the .500 S&W would be the schiznit, talk about a powerful companion back up hunting partner in large bear country! Second choice would be a big framed Ruger Hawk Eye Guide bolt action in the same chambering! I guess I gotta wait for ether! :(

Not any 1895, but a lever action:

Neat, thanks. I was aware of the larger calibers, but not that one.

Not any 1895, but a lever action:

Love everything about it except the price tag. Pity a manufacturer, like Marlin or Rossi, doesn't put out a lever-gun in .500 S&W Magnum or .50Æ.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top