JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dad bought me this at disneyland a lifetime ago, its taken a beating but still works and never needs ammo A854D999-AC7C-4A1B-B81A-9E8CC2B726BE.jpeg

A lever gun in
9mm
10mm
Or .45ACP
Would be neat....wonder if there would be a market for such...?
Andy
You arent the first person to want to see a lever 9mm or .45! My bet is that if Ruger put it out, they would sell like hot griddlecakes on a cold morning:). Make them short-throw and functionable with a variety of projectiles, even better...

Last Edited:
I can see where a 9mm lever rifle would be nice to have if for no other reason than 20 cents a round is cheaper than 32 cents a round for .38 special. What other reasons for a 9mm lever rifle make sense?

Such a rifle would require a different extractor, headspace would have to be figured out. How safe would typical 9mm rounds be in a tube magazine? Just seems like it would be a lot of work to bring this to fruition.

That said, I'd camp overnight to beat you guys to the door when it comes out, lol.

I can see where a 9mm lever rifle would be nice to have if for no other reason than 20 cents a round is cheaper than 32 cents a round for .38 special. What other reasons for a 9mm lever rifle make sense?

Such a rifle would require a different extractor, headspace would have to be figured out. How safe would typical 9mm rounds be in a tube magazine? Just seems like it would be a lot of work to bring this to fruition.

That said, I'd camp overnight to beat you guys to the door when it comes out, lol.
I think that lever guns in mil-surp cals would make sense in areas where mag capacity, detachable mags, or so-called "assault rifles" are banned outright. AS for the tube-feeding of 9mmP, Ive never yet seen a projectile pointy enuff to cause great concern about a point-to-primer detonation. I suppose some such may exist, as in a bullet designed to penetrate auto bodies, but in my years Ive neither seen nor read/heard of any such in 9mm or .45acp... Besides, the lever gun is All:s0160:American, right?;)

Last Edited:
What other reasons for a 9mm lever rifle make sense?

For those who want something other than a semi auto firearm...
I just like the idea of a lever gun with a wood stock and peep sights in .45ACP in my case , since that is in my favorite pistol cartridge.

I don't have a real reason for liking or wanting such a carbine....other than to me , it sounds like a fun shooting gun...that can be used for different purposes and , perhaps be easier to travel with , if the need arose...'cause of the various state laws regarding magazine capacity.

Please note that I am not against ownership of semi auto firearms of any type , or am in support of any magazine ban...they are just not my preferred type of firearm for my owning and shooting....Own whatever you want and can afford....just own and shoot it safely is all I ask.
Andy

Thanks for the information on the rail. When I looked at the one in Vancouver, I could not tell that the aperture sight was separable from the rail and maintain the height of the sight.

I am on notification from Davidson's and Bud's both.
He beat me to it but they can be separated.
Or you can buy just a rear sight.

He beat me to it but they can be separated.
Or you can buy just a rear sight.
And I've read elsewhere, yes you can separate the sight from the rail, but then you have to use a lower front sight, as the rear sight will now be too low, in addition the the screws now being too long.

from the Marlin Forum
... the rail can be removed without issue. As far as the sight goes it is meant to be on the rail. I'm pretty sure the rear sight can be mounted without the rail, but will sit low enough that the front sight may be too high. If you check out XS's sight the rear peep that does not use the rail is higher!

Where there's a will, there's a way.:D

Last Edited:
Bought a 444 Marlin in '78 or so. Pretty darned good for short range, although Hornady is extending that a bit. Not a rifle you take to the range with 100 rounds to burn through. Maybe one of the new .350 calibers in an updated BLR with rotary locking bolt. But, come to think of it, do any of them have much advantage over the .35 Whelen?

And I've read elsewhere, yes you can separate the sight from the rail, but then you have to use a lower front sight, as the rear sight will now be too low, in addition the the screws now being too long.

from the Marlin Forum

Where there's a will, there's a way.:D
There are a few different ones out there.
XS makes a set front and back .
The back sight is a peep sight .
Looks pretty good but.
Kinda exspesive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class