JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock mag, tacticool, aluminum receiver, threaded, mlok everywhere, in 10mm as it's the bestest most tacticool of coarse!

To answer my own question:

• Winchester 92 pattern rifle.
  • Stainless steel.
  • Gorgeous wood furniture.
  • Chambered in .50 Action Express (.50Æ).
  • Super slick action.
  • Medium sized lever.
  • Magazine capacity of, say, around 8+1, with a barrel length consistent with said.
  • No stupid, top-mounted safety. (Half-cock is good enough.)
  • Quality sights.
  • Lever wrapped in leather.
  • Small rubberized buttpad.
Likely? Nope, not even remotely. But a man can dream. :s0114:
I was thinking something like this, but in .458 SOCOM.

Start with this, a Marlin 1894CSBL or SBL, as I like both the .357 and .44 versions. 16" barrel, stainless, and aperture sight.
View attachment 659558

Lose the plywood stock and replace it with a real walnut stock with a straight grip. Or if we have to have a plywood stock, color it brown. Also lose the large lever. Lose the rail atop the receiver and barrel. It would seem easy enough, but the aperture sight mounts to the rail.:confused:

I love my 1894CSBL. Even a fan of the look of grey laminate. The loop is more of a medium loop and I like it more than a standard loop. However, the rail had to go. Fortunately, the rail system is designed so that you can remove the rail, separate the rear sight, and remount the rear alone.

A picture with the rail removed:
1894CSBL_Pineneedles_2_2018-10-11.jpg

As for cost, if you setup a stock notification on Davidson's (Gallery Of Guns), I find that I can pay less than what I can usually buy online without additional transfer fees and it's nearly always cheaper than what I could find at the local shops. You pay them a portion then balance pay the FFL you choose to have them ship to. Various FFLs have different total costs you can view before ordering so you can choose the cheapest or the closest or whichever one is your preferred.

I love my 1894CSBL. Even a fan of the look of grey laminate. The loop is more of a medium loop and I like it more than a standard loop. However, the rail had to go. Fortunately, the rail system is designed so that you can remove the rail, separate the rear sight, and remount the rear alone.

A picture with the rail removed:
View attachment 659649

As for cost, if you setup a stock notification on Davidson's (Gallery Of Guns), I find that I can pay less than what I can usually buy online without additional transfer fees and it's nearly always cheaper than what I could find at the local shops. You pay them a portion then balance pay the FFL you choose to have them ship to. Various FFLs have different total costs you can view before ordering so you can choose the cheapest or the closest or whichever one is your preferred.

Thanks for the information on the rail. When I looked at the one in Vancouver, I could not tell that the aperture sight was separable from the rail and maintain the height of the sight.

I am on notification from Davidson's and Bud's both.

Last Edited:
Livin the dream here, in the form of 4 ( yup, go big or go home) Winchester 1895 lever actions! 3 of them are in .30/06 and one is in .405 Winchester!
My wet dream would be a matched pair, one chambered in .375 H&H, and the other a take down in .500 Jeffries! How cool would that be! :D:D:D

I Have a few Marlin 1895's, one a Original 100 year anniversary half round/half octagonal and the other a XLR stainless that's been highly worked over! Both are really slick and shoot very nicely! Had a 336 years ago in .35 Rem, it was a nice and slick shooter, but the cartridge left me wanting, and was never of fan of the .30 WCF ether! Would love to play with one in something a little hotter, but haven't found the right combo yet!

Another dream lever action would be my Grand Mother's Winchester! I don't remember what model it was or what caliber, but it was a beautiful little rifle and a funky rimmed cartridge, ( sort of a 7.62x39 rimmed looking thing) but she and Grand Dad sold it to keep the family from fighting over it! :(
Sadly, it's likely passed on and we haven't been able to track it down like I did with Grand Dad's 1895 and bring it back to the family, with me as it's caretaker!

Glock mag, tacticool, aluminum receiver, threaded, mlok everywhere, in 10mm as it's the bestest most tacticool of coarse!

I would just like a mag fed one in general, not picky, Glock mags would be nice.

I'd want 44 magnum over 10mm though. :)

And if they made a drum magazine I might get it.... As I'm writing this I'm imagining the John Wayne fans recoiling in horror.

I prefer old lever guns.

And if I'm dreaming? A Winchester 94 rifle with a half round, half octagon barrel. And a 2/3rds length magazine in some High grade walnut is a good start.

For something new?
Maybe try one of these.

Now that I have the noise dying down from people smaller than me, I get to be a little more silly, and muse on various topics. With this notion in mind: what would be your dream lever-gun? Do you posses said or does it remain a dream? Does it currently exist or have to be invented? For what reasons do you hold to this notion?

Enjoy! :D
I think a lever action pepper box 4 or 6 barrel gun that shoots all barrels at once. Kinda like a mare's leg on steroids. All shells eject/load at once with the lever. Hmmm... now what caliber (or gauge, if a shotgun) would it be?

I think a lever action pepper box 4 or 6 barrel gun that shoots all barrels at once. Kinda like a mare's leg on steroids. All shells eject/load at once with the lever. Hmmm... now what caliber (or gauge, if a shotgun) would it be?

It would have to be a quad 45/70 :D:D

As long as it is someone else's shoulder

A lever gun in
9mm
10mm
Or .45ACP
Would be neat....wonder if there would be a market for such...?
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top