JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys face looks like, "Hey! Cletus! I think I saw him twitch!" "Maybe we aught to kick him in the head a few times, till he quits attacking us!"

Possibly held at gunpoint with his own gun.

Wood the media ever tell ya that?

Thats what I assumed when I read that they kept him down till the police arrived. Also I agree that the head looks like a pretty close fit of a butt stock wound. My guess is the fall was not what knocked him out. Though I agree with them saying so either way.

Blitz
Zip-ties would work well . . . And, you can get them in colors!?!?

Sheldon

Agreed, I have a few zip ties in a few drawers around the house. although one would do it I used two on one crack head at work a few years back just because it felt like the safer way to go. I have them strong and long enough to go around the legs as well if need be. Though I am prepared and paranoid unlike someone here said I do not sit in my PJs with a gun in a holster. I keep one near...Under the arm of the recliner, on the night stand by the bed behind a few books so it is as not noticeable to a would be crook if it got far enough that I did not hear them before they entered my room. Wife has one as well so Even if they take me out the kids and wife will be safe since she will grab right after me.

I found a fun cheap little system for alarms in an apartment that they sell in two packs for under 10 bucks at a lot of hardware stores. Just a little alarm that when a window, door is opened and the two pieces seperate it blares louder than you could imagine until you try it out. Have had them on kids windows, back and front door for over a year and they still work perfect. I suggest harbor freight as they sell them for 7.99 and they will wake you as soon as a window or door is cracked if you live in an apartment or just cannot afford a full scale alrarm system. For slightly more you can get the ones that have a baby monitor type device that goes by your bed and tells you which one...just by number so you have to remember what number is where when it is going off. I just taped the numbers next to the screen and the whole setup for a 1800 square foot 3 bedroom was under 50 bucks. Just a thought as it gives me piece of mind...I do check them on the regular to be sure they are working just like I do the smoke alarms.

.... Use a Zip-tie and go to Jail....

The New Victim the one who brought that pistol gripped shotgun would probably have a case for false something or other, IOW, do we citizens have the right to put hand cuffs onto our detained non-desired house guest...

yah follow my reasoning... After all it is a Portland crime scene, yes????

philip

Even in Portland you can still do a citizen arrest. May go to court but you would win....after a bunch of BS and attorney fees if the guy had money to get a good lawyer. Doubtful that they would though.

For your own safety and well-being... do not risk a citizen's arrest.

As philip says, it may become a legal headache. Furthermore, it may precipitate physical force and hence even more legal headaches.

Chances are your home invader has been jailed before. And will be jailed again anyway.

The justice/punitive system is broken. Do not risk your own safety, so a methhead or illegal alien can have a longer rap sheet.

I am still scratching my head on why the police were asking for anyone with more information on the case to come forward? I realize this is SOP but to me it seems pretty cut and dried to me. Criminal breaks in house with a shotgun, people in house decide not to be victims and fight back disarming the criminal, people in house hold criminal until the police arrive and turn him over to the police. Maybe they want all his friends and relatives to tell everybody what a fine upstanding person he is and that this is just a misunderstanding. Maybe to have Obama say I wish I had a younger half brother just like him. I have heard these excuses before, he probably has a rap sheet a mile long. I just hope they put him away for a good many years. And hope their landlord doesn't charge them for the obvious damage to their apartment which was not their fault.

"The suspect struck his head during the tumble and lost consciousness, police said."

He fell down the stairs... "Yes officer that's exactly how it happened.."

The side of his head looks a lot like he got butt stroked by a shotgun.

Not hard enough though......

As philip says, it may become a legal headache. Furthermore, it may precipitate physical force and hence even more legal headaches.

Chances are your home invader has been jailed before. And will be jailed again anyway.

The justice/punitive system is broken. Do not risk your own safety, so a methhead or illegal alien can have a longer rap sheet.

Citizen arrests suck.
Back in the 60's my wife and I stopped late at arts cafe in oc and on the way out some guy came up to us and pointed at another guy standing by a vehicle and said he was going to shoot me. Being young and stupid, I took the gun from him and held him for the police and placed him under citizens arrest.
I then sat at the PD for 4 hours filling out forms and writing out a statement. When I finished I asked when I would need to be in court to testify. Their answer was, we don't know, he bailed out about 2 hrs prior.
I was plain pissed.
I have no clue if he was ever charged even.
Never again. Should have taken matters to task there on the street and gone home.
Have no clue why he did that, except he mistook me for someone else.
CA's are a pain in the azz.

Citizen arrests suck.
Back in the 60's my wife and I stopped late at arts cafe in oc and on the way out some guy came up to us and pointed at another guy standing by a vehicle and said he was going to shoot me. Being young and stupid, I took the gun from him and held him for the police and placed him under citizens arrest.
I then sat at the PD for 4 hours filling out forms and writing out a statement. When I finished I asked when I would need to be in court to testify. Their answer was, we don't know, he bailed out about 2 hrs prior.
I was plain pissed.
I have no clue if he was ever charged even.
Never again. Should have taken matters to task there on the street and gone home.
Have no clue why he did that, except he mistook me for someone else.
CA's are a pain in the azz.

That makes you think twice. Aside from beating the hell out of him and leaving him on the street what other option do you have in that situation? That is a really screwed up system.

The safety of my family comes first. I teach physical restraint techniques

Funny that the home invader didn't have the courtesy to call ahead and let everyone know he was coming. How rude. It's almost like it can happen any time to anyone.

Yes, the pistol-grip shotgun. Good thing he didn't have one of those Carolyn McCarthy "shoulder things that goes up" or a pocketful of bayonet lugs or a shroud. Those barrel shrouds can take out a city block.

It can go from simple restraint of a buddy with a lampshade on his head trying to over aggressively hit on girls at a suaree to breaking a bad actors bones. The key is context

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top