JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would encourage as many as possible to show up to this. You can either go in and hear what they have to say and perhaps participate if it actually is a discussion (That remains to be seen though it seems unlikely) or protest the agenda outside on the sidewalk. The media will almost certainly be there and therefore it will be a chance to discuss our side as well. I know it's short notice but we need to do our best to make a good showing. If we don't then they get a free ride.

For details here is what The Columbian ran:
"The Young Democrats of Clark County will host a presentation and discussion titled "Finding Middle Grounds on Guns" from 4 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Clark County Historical Museum, 1511 Main St.

The program will focus on Initiative 594 and other gun-control efforts such as Asking Saves Kids and Speak Up campaigns. Guests include Cheryl Stumbo, with Everytown for Gun Safety, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and Mayors Against Illegal Guns; Andrea Carey, with the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility for Southern Washington; and Heidi Yewman, with the Brady Campaign and Million Moms March."

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/sep/05/young-democrats-hold-gun-control-forum/

Obviously with the list of speakers this was not intended to be a discussion about middle ground but rather is about figuring out how to further infringe our rights. We cannot sit still for this.

Note: 3:30 to 5:3o for anyone that wishes to show up to oppose these efforts to violate our rights.

Will MAIG and MDA be there?
The US Constitution says Shall not be infringed; that is a declarative sentence there is no question mark at the end. No need to debate it with some slimy Progressive

Someone needs to tell them that "Middle Ground" has already been reached and exceeded in their favor a long time ago.
In some States what was defined as "Middle Ground" and put in to law, has left us 2nd Amendment advocates with very little ground left indeed!

It's time to gain back a little ground.

Vote with gun rights as your priority!

A Democrat's version of "middle ground" is to leave us all with Bolt Action rifles and pump shotguns and to have us register them just in case they decide they want to take them too.

I keep hearing some of my favorite comedians and actors hop on and preach about gun control...about how they're not going to take away anyone's guns. When in fact, they have <broken link removed> that do just that! That's their job, to confiscate guns! And what about Connecticut? Does anyone really think they're just going to keep that ground they gained- or do you think they'll start doing "compliance checks" for those registered ARs and everyone that they know bought one but didn't register in time is going to get a knock on the door?

Want "middle ground"? How about:

*Letting us place as many foreign parts on an firearm as we want
*Import any firearm or ammunition from anywhere we're not at war with
*Make a law that holds any establishment accountable for our safety against crime that declares it a "gun free zone"

Do that, then we'll talk about your background checks at gun shows

Obviously with the list of speakers this was not intended to be a discussion about middle ground but rather is about figuring out how to further infringe our rights

Correct. Their so-called "middle-ground" means somewhere between the restrictions we already have and total confiscation.

I have worked in the museum field. Pretty surprised a historical museum would take an obvious stand like this. I am pretty sure they have a new director so maybe this is their attempt at getting attention and being more relevant. Historical museums typical try to ride the middle line and not get to political either way. Many founders and supporters were pretty conservative. Clearly the "panel" is stacked against guns.
It would be nice if they had a county sheriff or two there for some balance.

Brutus Out

The museum itself didn't actually host the event. They did rent it out though for the event which was after hours. There were a handful of us that did go. Most stayed outside and used the sidewalk to express our free speech. I did however attempt to go in and be part of the supposed discussion as the article made it appear to be an open forum and discussion and one of the organizers stated not once but twice that all were invited. I went in and sat down. Literally moments later I was informed by two of the organizers and by Vancouver City Councilmember Anne McEnerny-Ogle that it was a private event for Clark County Democratic Party Members only and was asked to leave. It indeed was a farce. I was a bit surprised at how large the group was (or rather the lack of it). Based on the lineup of speakers I would have expected a fair sized group. From what we could tell it looked like around 30 altogether and that included speakers and organizers. Not too impressive in my opinion.

So, it was really a, "Discussion to reinforce our own beliefs to each other so we can feel better about stripping those crazy gun owners rights away."

My concern is OR/WA (mainly).

Plus, what I said was a figure of speech to emphasize they may TRY, they may possibly even manage to get something passed, but I will NOT comply, and most Sheriffs will stand against any enforcement as well (see Connecticut ATM)... not trying to put words in your mouth. ;)

My concern is OR/WA (mainly).

Plus, what I said was a figure of speech to emphasize they may TRY, they may possibly even manage to get something passed, but I will NOT comply, and most Sheriffs will stand against any enforcement as well (see Connecticut ATM)... not trying to put words in your mouth. ;)

You had better hope that the OR/WA cops don't take lessons from the Salt Lake City cops, and consider your noncompliance an excuse to improve the gene pool.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top