JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For every gun received (aka transferred) , I sure hope there was a fee paid and a back ground check performed, same govn't representative collecting them or not.
I mean, as totally worthless as the statement is, no one is supposed to be above the law.

CXQ4W39WwAA1FuN.jpg

The Chicago Police Department held an event over the weekend that paid residents to turn over their guns.

The event, held at Saint Ida Church in Chicago's Edgewater neighborhood on Saturday, gave residents a $100 prepaid gift card for each gun they turned in and $10 for BB-guns, air-guns, and replica guns, WFLD-TV reported.

Chicagoans who attended the event were not asked how they acquired the guns if they turned them in, and there was no limit to how many guns each person could exchange for a gift card.

A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department said that 103 firearms were turned in during the event along with 19 replica guns.

"Gun turn-ins give the people the ability to turn in a gun with no questions asked." Glen Brooks, director of community policing for the Chicago Police Department, told the outlet. "We're not asking whether the gun was found, whether it was left, whether you inherited it, it does not matter. What matters is that you do whatever you can to make yourself and your family safer." Did you hear that? No guns makes you safer.

The guns will be destroyed by the Chicago Police Department and anyone who was unable to make the event is being encouraged to turn guns in at the police station, but they will not be eligible to receive a gift card.
That sounds like a really great way to dispose of a murder gun. I wonder, how many of these guns are matched ballistically to crimes. Do you just hand them a gun and they hand you a card? No ID check?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top