JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so let's assume a nightmarish scenario. The powers that be enact a draconian law, and for the sake of arguement let's assume nobody has a boating accident and plays by the rules.
You are limited to one handgun and one longarm per household for the rest of your existence.

What do you choose?

For me, the longarm would be a 6.55mm Swedish Mauser. I love the look, feel, and quality. Also a good multi-purpose round for plinking or deer hunting.

For the handgun, it would be a .45 1911, probably a Tactical 5". Love the 1911's for many reasons, and the 5" is the perfect size for me. I like my RIA so far, but would likely get a Springfield Stainless 1911.

What would you choose?

I would take an AR in .308 with a 20" barrel, great multi-purpose round and a 1911 .45 probably a Wilson Combat Commander if it need to be concealed or full size if not.

This is a hard one to figure out. So many guns and i can only keep 2? Hmmm probly the Stainless Mini 14 ranch and the Stainless dan wesson 44 mag pistol pak with 8,6,4,2 inch barrels, I have the 8 inch scoped with a 2-7x32 throphy.

I can hunt with both and if the zombies come i'll just blow them in half with the wesson or cut them in half with the mini and beta c drum.

30-06 for the rifle, so we can eat everything up to and include Elk. It can do it all, if needed. Ammo is easy to come by.

Handgun is harder, probably a S&W 627PRO in .357 or a .44 mag. I can work on them myself, if need be.

Glad that's all I have in my safe now, no need for anyone to check.

A week ago I would have said my Glock 19 and my 20" AR

This week, I would have to change my mind to my FN Five-seveN and AR57

I did some more shooting with the AR57 and it only reaffirmed my decision that it is the right rifle for doing it all.
Shooting at 60 yards, with cheap red dot sights, I aimed for a 4" diameter metal disk that we placed in the dirt mound.
The red dot completely covered the silver disk while aiming.
The first shot was absolutely dead center on the disk. The second shot hit about 1" lower and spun the disk off 15 feet away!
This is with zero magnification at 60 yards!! This rifle is so easy to shoot, and comes with a 50 round magazine. Absolutely awesome. I am so impressed.
My 20" AR is more accurate but weighs a lot more and is no good for close quarter shooting as it has the 10x42 scope on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top