JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the swamps you played in as a kid are now condo and apartment complexes.

For Halloween you would strap your dads ammo belt and carry his six gun around with you, pretending you to be a bandito, and everyone thought your costume rocked.

One of your parent's cars had fins.

You knew someone who knew someone who died in a fiery Pinto crash, or your state didn't have a helmet law.

You were glued to the TV when Neil Armstrong took his one small step.

You remember the Sandy Bar Saturday wrestling matches, and remember when Hulk Hogan actually wrestled. You had a Shwinn Apple Cart bike (still do) and all your buddies wanted to trade with you. You carried your .22 rifle with you into the local hardware store and you bought your own ammo with you paper route money! You bought your first car (69 Alfa Romeo GTV, also still have) with the money you saved from that paper route, and every one in high school thought you had the coolest car around! You didn't own a color tv untill well after collage, and a phone still had a cord, a rotary dial, and there were letters AND numbers for any one you needed to call!

Tied to the dock at Jones Island in the San Juan's I felt a double bump go through the hull of the boat, then someone on the dock said they heard on the radio that the mountain had just blown up. :eek:
Got back to Kirkland a few days later and there was a light layer of ash on everything. Luckily for us, most of it had blown east.:cool:

We had to wrap pantyhose around the air filters of our cars to get around for several weeks! I remember sweeping piles and piles of ash out into the street for the city to pick up. We counted 13 full size dump trucks just in our neighborhood picking it all up!

I remember Mt. St. Helens blowing. Was standing out front of the Ernst store in Olympia (back when I smoked) having a smoke. Everyone (including all employees) came out to watch. A day I'll never forget. My grandparents favorite camping area was Spirit Lake

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top