JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You state that you paid three times what it was worth and figure that someone wont mind paying two times its worth because you were an idiot!.

Jim, that is beautiful. Made me laugh out loud. I shake my head and ask myself what impact the amount you paid for it has on it's worth to me every time I see that kind of post. Unless you got it for a smoking deal, and are explaining why you are willing to take less than it's worth (as in why it is not stolen or damaged), I don't care what you paid for it. Well, I guess listing MSRP is ok, but we all know that is not what you are talking about here.

If you bought your pistol last week for $1100 pumped 500 down the pipe lost one magazine and the box and added some "HONEST" holster wear yet you will not budge on your $1300 price tag you may have a overpriced item on your hands !

Might be a problem if you are asking $500 for your well used gun that doesnt have the original grips , especially when blue book shows a nib 100% gun at $400:D

Nothing is ever overpriced. Some people just do not appreciate the rarity and uniqueness of the item being sold. o_O

There can be some truth to this. This web site has a "tactical-defense" flair and some things, especially older, more traditional items just don't have the right audience here. There is one rifle in particular that's priced high, but within what it's worth. Been advertised on here for a long time. I'm one that lusts after it, but just can't bring myself to pony up the cash to buy it, even after selling a pistol that came within $100 do the asking price...

However, I really agree with the thoughts in this thread.:D

There is a general oversupply of firearms currently. You have to look no farther than the 40+% drop in the price of Ruger stock. You see it everywhere, Lots of guns and fewer buyers means overall lower prices. Which really is a good thing. Sure your item is worth a bit less but you can also buy for a bit less and if your lucky enough to have cash to spend it goes farther. Now if we could just get to the point where there was too much .22LR for demand.

In the 30 years or so since I bought my first gun there has been several waves like the one that is crashing now. They all work themselves out in time, sometimes with "new normals" but on a long enough time line guns are constantly getting cheaper. I mean back when I bought my first house it was $34,500, you could buy a new 3/4 ton truck for less than $12,000 and a new AR15 carbine was $900. In comparison you can buy a better AR for far less in real terms and it holds true for just about all production arms.

If you like it and have to have it the wallet will open even if the price is a little high . If you have it for 5 -10 years you will get at least what you paid for it not a good investment strategy though .

Most likely not what you paid for it in real terms if the last 30 years is any indication. Lets us a 10/22 as a model If you went out and paid full retail for base one in 1964 it would have cost you about $55. The same rifle today sells for $279.00

If you use the governments official CPI numbers the 1964 rifle would have cost $422.70 in 2014 dollars. The truth is inflation is much higher than the government numbers.

In comparison lets say rather than a 10/22 you took your paper dollars down to the bank and traded them for 110 1964 Kennedy half dollars since you knew it was the last year they would have silver content. Even after three years of crashing silver prices you could trade them for $770 federal reserve notes. And Silver is not an investment, rather just a better store of value than fiat money (what I am really trying to say is that 10/22 really cost $770 in today's money if you looked at what the silver would buy)

Guns are much cheaper these days in real terms than in the past as are a lot of consumer goods.

If it makes you feel better to think they are as good as money in your IRA then more power to ya. We all justify our vices somehow.

Most likely not what you paid for it in real terms if the last 30 years is any indication. Lets us a 10/22 as a model If you went out and paid full retail for base one in 1964 it would have cost you about $55. The same rifle today sells for $279.00

If you use the governments official CPI numbers the 1964 rifle would have cost $422.70 in 2014 dollars. The truth is inflation is much higher than the government numbers.

In comparison lets say rather than a 10/22 you took your paper dollars down to the bank and traded them for 110 1964 Kennedy half dollars since you knew it was the last year they would have silver content. Even after three years of crashing silver prices you could trade them for $770 federal reserve notes. And Silver is not an investment, rather just a better store of value than fiat money (what I am really trying to say is that 10/22 really cost $770 in today's money if you looked at what the silver would buy)

Guns are much cheaper these days in real terms than in the past as are a lot of consumer goods.

If it makes you feel better to think they are as good as money in your IRA then more power to ya. We all justify our vices somehow.
I always remember the Elmer Keith saying that a new Colt revolver and or a good horse was $20 back in the day.
Indeed, they say (some with malicious glee) that we bought Manhattan for three beads and what but if you took that monetary value and invested it (7% is conventional standard), today it'd be many more times the square foot price of that shathole.

My Dad used to say that "it's worth what someone will pay for it" if someone is overpriced on an item I just figure they want to negotiate down to a fair price. Unless they have " firm " after the explanation of why the price is high

You list all the factory parts you took off your cookie cutter M4 clone, Charging handle, stock, grip, handguard, and price them at 10% less than what you paid for the Magpul stuff you replaced them with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top