JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An answer/solution for this question has been selected.
An Announcement , sent from a big anonymous Question Mark ?
And Why ??? , do you think it is compromised on 41 other accounts . Is your NWfirarms site compromised and Phishing ???

screen shot :
-
Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 11-47-34 Your Alerts.png
-

-

Last Edited:
I changed my password as requested using my desktop which goes through a VPN but now when using my phone connected to home wi-fi it says my ip is blocked. Any suggestions?
You aren't using a Nigerian VPN are you? :)

PM me the IP address assigned by your VPN and I'll look into it.

Upvote 0
tldr; your password just so happens to exist in a known database of passwords that have been used.

Such db's are often used as a first step in a brute force attempt to crack accounts. So, if some malicious actor were to use such a db to login to *your* account...they may be able to.

So, probably best to change up your passwords and be a tad more creative...and stop going to those websites, delete any emails from banks you don't use, and I hate to break this to you...but that nice Nigerian fella with the Indian accent is not your long lost great great Uncle's cousin 3-steps removed.

Upvote 0
Well based upon these last couple of threads on this issue I went in and changed mine this morning. That Nigerian Prince/Uncle seems to be really busy these days. Thanks for the heads up....

Upvote 0
Well based upon these last couple of threads on this issue I went in and changed mine this morning. That Nigerian Prince/Uncle seems to be really busy these days. Thanks for the heads up....
Probably a good call. Having your NWFA account hacked would suck but there's also relatively little an attacker would gain from it…but if you've got the same passwords on things like PayPal or eBay or your bank…then some damage could be done.

MFA (multi factor authentication) is becoming a more popular thing now - the idea is simple, in order to get in, you need something you know and something you have in your possession. The know part is a password. The possession part is usually an app like Authy that ties itself to your phone and generates an ever changing series of numbers. To login, you need to supply both your password and whatever numbers Authy has up at time of login.

NWFA now supports MFA and you can enable it in settings if you want.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads