JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may be from Oregon or Washington if you sharpen your own saw chain.

You may be from Oregon or Washington if you don't honk when someone in front of you is having trouble getting his car moving.

You may be from Oregon or Washington if you smile when driving east up the Gorge, and frown when driving west.

Oh man

I got caught today!

pulled up to a left turn red , looked back and saw a nice looking truck pull up behind me , I looked out the rear view for like 8 seconds at the nice looking grill and the guy seems to lift his hand slightly
I thought "whats he doing" .....so I stare for another 3-4 seconds and the guy lifts his hand like "what the EFF"
I think "wow what a D head"
I look forward and its a blinking yellow....probably for about the entire time

I thought of this thread instantly ......turns out I was the "D head" LOL!

You may be from Oregon or Washington if you want to choke a chicken everytime some east coaster pronounces it OR-E-GONE
No kidding. I've taken some month long motorbike trips across the nation and people can easily see your license plate (golly!) and there are no windows so people get to jawin. It's amazing the number of people who mispronounce Oregon.
And another thing, most people from around here do not say "Washington state", unless referring to the state college.
And Vancouver is not in BC.

Oh man

I got caught today!

pulled up to a left turn red , looked back and saw a nice looking truck pull up behind me , I looked out the rear view for like 8 seconds at the nice looking grill and the guy seems to lift his hand slightly
I thought "whats he doing" .....so I stare for another 3-4 seconds and the guy lifts his hand like "what the EFF"
I think "wow what a D head"
I look forward and its a blinking yellow....probably for about the entire time

I thought of this thread instantly ......turns out I was the "D head" LOL!

Slight slip in attention at a light is some of the mildest infractions I can think of.

Honestly, it's the guy with the shiny trucks fault - they want the attention but then are in too much of a hurry to enjoy it:D

You might be from here if it takes you about a week to drive like a Californian in San Francisco.. where it's normal to purposely go airborne and triple park in the middle of the road.
Oh, and to stop waiting for someone to fill your gas tank. lol

Last Edited:
Maybe only transplants like me (moved here around 12 years old; although I still have family in TX and CA) will get some of this thread but you people in the PNW have some strange (to a southerner) ways.

This is meant to be a lighthearted thread mostly, so try not to get to nasty - after all, it's not their fault they were raised here;):D:p!

So in the "You may be a Redneck" format I give to you for everyone's enjoyment "You just may be from OR & WA if you:"

You just may be from OR & WA if you:
Take a "beep" from my horn as a "HONK!!!!"

Can not make it to freeway speeds on some of the longest on ramps in the country in a modern automobile.

Hog the fast lane and pace the middle lane.

Tailgate me, so I move over to let you pass and move in behind you; then you drive 5 miles an hour slower then I had been driving.

I have a slew more but thought I'd give some others a chance to chime in first...:rolleyes:

****Also, let me know if you think this is a PNW thing or just a Portland and Seattle type city issue in the PNW****

When I moved to the PNW:s0140:......On point

You may be from OR/WA IF, ( i'll get hate mail )

1. Ever got drunk and thought about your neighbors sheep.
  2. Your local dentist uses the same guy that makes your dentures and repairs firearms
  3. If you go to the local Walmart at 2am to pick up women.
  4. Ever given ammo to your spouse as an anniversary present.
  5. Seen a Liberal Conservative and can actually explain what that is.
  6. You look at the California border and think you are at war with the inhabitants.
  7. You see California plates, and think about following them and tell them what you think (be honest)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top