JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe only transplants like me (moved here around 12 years old; although I still have family in TX and CA) will get some of this thread but you people in the PNW have some strange (to a southerner) ways.

This is meant to be a lighthearted thread mostly, so try not to get to nasty - after all, it's not their fault they were raised here;):D:p!

So in the "You may be a Redneck" format I give to you for everyone's enjoyment "You just may be from OR & WA if you:"

You just may be from OR & WA if you:
Take a "beep" from my horn as a "HONK!!!!"

Can not make it to freeway speeds on some of the longest on ramps in the country in a modern automobile.

Hog the fast lane and pace the middle lane.

Tailgate me, so I move over to let you pass and move in behind you; then you drive 5 miles an hour slower then I had been driving.

I have a slew more but thought I'd give some others a chance to chime in first...:rolleyes:

****Also, let me know if you think this is a PNW thing or just a Portland and Seattle type city issue in the PNW****

You may be from OR/WA if when you meet someone with a tan, you're first reaction is to ask them if they speak English, or what country they're from....
....in July!
(mostly a Seattle/Portland thing)

Last Edited:
You must be from Oregon or Washington if we complain about the abundance of rain, only to later complain that its "too" hot when we only hit 90° in the summer.

You must be from Oregon or Washington if you bubblegum about EVERY weather pattern we get.

You must be from Oregon or Washington if you slow down in a heavy rain as if it was a blizzard though visibility and drivability conditions are still superb.

You must be from Portland or Seattle if you say you love hiking and homesteading yet live within the city, cant lift 50lbs, have baby soft hands, don't own a vehicle, and wear skinny jeans year round.. But you've been in the forest once.
(I see this a LOT with hipsters)

You know that the summer really begins after the 4th of July.

You wonder who's Idea it was to put the Rose Festival in early June.

Wonder why people in Portland worry about conserving water.:cool:

You laugh to yourself every time someone mentions "exploding whale":p

You know that neither the moss nor the tree care which direction is north.

Laugh when on the hunting shows some guy talks about how hard it is to kill a white tail because you hunted all season and never even saw a black tail.o_O

You know there's more than one kind of Salmon.

You may never remember your state having a republican governor.

Bi-Mart (nuff said):D

Maybe only transplants like me (moved here around 12 years old; although I still have family in TX and CA) will get some of this thread but you people in the PNW have some strange (to a southerner) ways.

This is meant to be a lighthearted thread mostly, so try not to get to nasty - after all, it's not their fault they were raised here;):D:p!

So in the "You may be a Redneck" format I give to you for everyone's enjoyment "You just may be from OR & WA if you:"

Take a "beep" from my horn as a "HONK!!!!"

Can not make it to freeway speeds on some of the longest on ramps in the country in a modern automobile.

Hog the fast lane and pace the middle lane.

Tailgate me, so I move over to let you pass and move in behind you; then you drive 5 miles an hour slower then I had been driving.

I have a slew more but thought I'd give some others a chance to chime in first...:rolleyes:

****Also, let me know if you think this is a PNW thing or just a Portland and Seattle type city issue in the PNW****
that is the stuff that gives me road rage....seriously I have a problem with stupid people.....I believe they need beatings

You may be from OR/WA if you know the answer to "what do the locals call a beautiful woman"?

[A tourist!]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, to any ladies here but coming from TX where makeup is required to go to leave your bedroom and CA where a tan and a nice body is the norm not the exception - it's a bit different.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top