JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You have no choice other than the year you will wake up to tomorrow. You choose year XXXX and for what reason(s)? I'll start.

Probably post war - 1945/46. Economy about to explode. Opportunities abound. The essential 'dawn' of high tech yet a country that is still very 'agrarian' and rural based.

Would have been good to be born about 1921, lots of future up to about the 80s.

Edited to add, born in 21 would have made me part of America's greatest generation. I could never ask for better than that.

Last Edited:
That would be a pretty good time in history..1945 to about 1964 was a pretty heady time in this country, be great to see that all up close.

I would probably say about 1948..that would put me in the heart of the 60's and early 70's a bit older than I was at the time. A do over in that time frame would not suck.

Assuming I would somehow know then what I know now...1954
Man oh man...the cars I would buy new and put away as investments to sell in time to buy stock in Apple, Microsoft, etc.....

But, if just being born with no knowledge...I'd say 1954. I've had a pretty dam good life...
not rich, but happy.

If you mean going to bed and waking up in a particular year at my current age...then 2015. If I change anything much I'd risk not having met my wife.

Last Edited:
1981 wasn't a terrible year to be born, I guess. I do often think I was born too late though - my drafting teacher used to tell me I was about 100 years too late (subconsciously, I always seemed to draw late 1800's vintage farm houses or victorians whenever we got to do free design projects). Would've been cool growing up in the 60's, so somewhere around 1948 wouldn't have been bad. Being in my 2o's during the 80's wouldn't have been terrible either, so 1960 could've been an interesting year to be born. Being part of the Greatest Generation would've been cool too - for the fact that they saw the dawning of the technological boom of the 20th century.

But just waking up each morning is nice.

I just want to make sure I have enough wake ups to see my baby girl grow up and be there for her.

But for the fun of the post. Probably the 50s for the down home goodness of society. I'm afraid to see what the world has waiting for my princess

I was born in 1955 and "grew up" in Portland before I went to see the world. Always had day jobs, but I also played rock guitar in gigging garage bands here and there ever since I was a teen. Made enough doing that most nights to cover my bar tab... whoo-hoo!

I still play (more quietly now), and I still feel a little rush of "what if" excitement when I imagine what it must've been like to be 5-10 years older in LA or San Francisco or London when creative music absolutely exploded in the 60's and early 70's. Who knows...?

Last Edited:
1250 feudal japan. Dont have to deal with any of that whiny entitlement BS that everyone has now. No respect? off with your head. Then die an honorable death in hand to hand combat.

1983. thats back when my family got along better. brother that married a total wreck of a female would be nowhere to be found. nothing like the 80's.
second choice. 1860. always was a charles ingals fan. And above that, a John Wayne fan.

2007...would have taken out loans to purchase every AR-15, WASR-10 and P-Mag I could get my hands on...then started my own online company called "ActuallyCheaperThanCheaperThanDirt.com" and sold them at a 25% markup (which would have still been cheaper than everyone else through 2008).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top