JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
to expand your 'realm' and sell your handguns outside your state! :yes::yes:

You just need to educate yourself :s0054: about the shipping options .. laws...

1) you do not need an FFL to ship a rifle! :s0133:

2) you do not need to FFL to ship your hand gun. :s0133::s0133:

Although when shipping out of your state the rifle or handgun must be sent to a valid FFL. An FFL can be validated here:

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

-----------------------------

Ignorance is bliss but when it comes to shipping our stuff...ignorance is money going from our pocket into someone else's pocket!!! :bash::bash:

I've never had a problem with an FFL not taking shipment from a private seller (or when i've bought)...not that i've done a hundred transactions, but I've done a dozen or so over the past few years.

I don't mind selling out of state, but I prefer to keep things local if possible. I sell on national forums as well, but its nice to deal locally.

+1. I haven't had any issues with out of state transfers, but it's much faster to just meet FTF and do the swap/deal. No waiting for shipping, waiting for payment, hoping the other person is happy with their item, etc.

The problem about sending guns out of state is that they will never again be available for us to buy here FTF, so essentially we are lowering the quality of available local FTF used guns.

So tell me again why we should sell you our states guns. :D

Playboypenguin can give some sound advice on this subject. His hassle with a ffl dealer was the first thing I read about on NWFA before I joined. I would hate to of went threw the ordeal he went threw. It turned out ok. But ask him for some advice if you like. He's a good guy.

:s0133: look ma its got a beat and i can dance to it.

hmmm meet some one ftf hand over cash hand over gun

hmmm i have to explain to buyer to get a ffl his ffl decides he wants it to come from ffl i tell buyer to find another ffl he goes to Joe dirts handy dandy pawn shop he'll do it wait for money order cash it make sure its good now go to print shop make photo copy of my DL then verify that Joe dirt FFL is not something printed up on a printer using photo shop to print a new address not belonging to Joe dirt but Joe smow gun runner for blow.

package gun with copy of ID and the Gun Make sure the ID is in there or FFL will hand it over to the cops when they get it take it to the Shipper hmmm again should i tell them whats in the box and have to pay $80 to ship over night as they shipper requires or lie and say its a tool and pay for ground and send it for $20 now its on the way well some how the shipper sent it to the wrong place Joe kid opens box look Ma i got a new gun (i had a couple of bushmaster Ar15 uppers show up at the wrong house once took a week for the shipper to sort out took 2 weeks in shipper limbo for 2 uppers coming down from seattle wow what a mess that would have been if they were complete rifles ) so shipper gets gun from Joe Kid before he robs the drug store and back on path makes it to the the FFL finally he puts you in the book and hands over gun to buyer hmmm buyer sez not what i thought it was noticed some ware in the slide you did not mention i want to send it back

so explain to us 1 more time why we are missing out on sending a gun out of state?

sorry you must have missed out on that great deal but if nebraska has ffls as well as cornhuskers you should be able to buy one from one of them

Why ship out of state when you can deal locally? You can avoid enormous shipping charges (on handguns) as well as FFL fees. Moreoever, dealing directly with the person your transacting with allows you to see the goods first hand before you buy. It's worth a drive to do this.

Why ship out of state when you can deal locally? You can avoid enormous shipping charges (on handguns) as well as FFL fees. Moreoever, dealing directly with the person your transacting with allows you to see the goods first hand before you buy. It's worth a drive to do this.

============================

NOT quite right...incorrect... I told you there are legal options they preclude/exclude an FFL involvement in shpping your handgun outta state and I might add at 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost!

This was the point of my post...get informed and put that saved money back in your pocket...!!!!

I find that it's harder to sell higher end guns ($1000+) locally. I'll try local first and if I don't get any buyers, I'll go national. The $20 it cost me to ship through an FFL ($10 fee + priority flate rate box) is very affordable, especially since the buyer is paying for it usually.

I'm a little more hesitant to purchase from out of state just because pics aren't good enough sometimes and you have to pay shipping + FFL fees on your end. On the other hand, I often find way better prices on national forums even after factoring in FFL + shipping costs.

If you're looking for something specific and you can't find it locally, you have no choice but to broaden your search.

I have bought two guns in the last few year out of state. One was a gunbroker deal that was OK, the other was a rifle I bought from a guy in TX where the deal was a nightmare. The guy I bought the rifle from was a great guy, but the FFL he had ship it was a real ***. It kind of soured me on doing business out of state. I've found that if I bide my time and don't let my money burn a hole in my pocket, eventually I will find the gun I want available for a FTF transaction.

i bought a gun out of TN this was several years ago before all the handy FFL tools they have on the web but i bought a rifle for hunting season from a guy in TN went to a local pawn shop who would only accept from a ffl i sent the money it took 3 months to get the rifle. i had to buy another rifle locally for hunting season as i had already sold my old hunting rifle i finally switch the ffl i was using and got my rifle after lots of grief waisted time and waisted money

and the rifle i ordered over the web was a rem 7400 and it had ejection issues
so it was a good thing i bought a second rifle but i was stuck with having to get that one fixed.

Just the shipping costs alone for a handgun are crazy expensive. I understand I can ship to an out of state FFL. It's just easier, less expensive to do transactions FTF in OR.

its like $80+ unless you can bold face lie about whats in it cause they do ask

gov does not require next day shipping but shippers do

and don't forget both buyer and seller need to educate themselves about shipping firearms if they screw up it can get the weapon confiscated or land someone in jail
:s0133:

so remind me again why we should ship something we can sell locally?

============================

NOT quite right...incorrect... I told you there are legal options they preclude/exclude an FFL involvement in shpping your handgun outta state and I might add at 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost!

This was the point of my post...get informed and put that saved money back in your pocket...!!!!

Lets hear these ways to do it for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost?

Post them right here. If you're afraid to give away these "secrets", then what you're doing is probably illegal, or against a carriers policy. :s0114:

Lets hear these ways to do it for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost?

Post them right here. If you're afraid to give away these "secrets", then what you're doing is probably illegal, or against a carriers policy. :s0114:

======================

hayyyyyy....:s0114:....I have no intention of going to the hoos-cow....but this info is published up front for all to read AND I called the company to make sure the interpretation was correct...and it is correct....:s0155:

Well I am off to ship a 1006...:cool::cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads