JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read on an alternative news sight that the city of Tacoma was considering having a gun drop off box like a library book drop off box and it would be out of sight of police. Would that be a violation of Washington States back ground check law?

Now THAT'S funny !:s0140:
Out of sight of the police?? Ooooh really...no cameras?? no security?
Well, I guess if someone is stupid enough to believe that...They're way too stupid to own guns.

Is the city also planning to put benches nearby, so gangbangers are comfy waiting for free guns to be delivered to them by Tacoma's dimmest citizens?

Perhaps the time has come to change Tacoma's motto...
...from "City of Destiny" to "Duuhhhh".

Last Edited:
Can I put one in my front yard for everyone to drop off their unwanted guns? Seriously, why would anyone drop a gun in a box when they could just wait for the next buy back with no questions asked and get some $? Where do they come up with these idea's? Maybe they thought this up after participating in the legal recreational pot pastime?

I think as a service to the community, in the interest of public safety, all NWFA members should put gun collection boxes outside their homes - that way people won't have to search around too much to find one. As much work as it would be, I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

Now THAT'S funny !:s0140:
Out of sight of the police?? Ooooh really...no cameras?? no security?
Well, I guess if someone is stupid enough to believe that...They're way too stupid to own guns.

Is the city also planning to put benches nearby, so gangbangers are comfy waiting for free guns to be delivered to them by Tacoma's dimmest citizens?

Perhaps the time has come to change Tacoma's motto...
...from "City of Destiny" to "Duuhhhh".
Good place for a criminal to trade in his baseball bat or knife for a gun! And the person who gets threatened, stabbed or clubbed while trying to rid themselves of a sketchy firearm won't even go to the Police as the fact that they were going to the anonymous drop box means they are avoiding the police.

You have to remember that weed is legal here and the Tacoma politicians smoke ALLOT of it...

Just put your guns in this box! (Then watch the bad guys steal the box.... And you wonder how they get guns??? WTF?????????????)

There really are folks that stupid.
For example there is a bank near my house that someone chained a metal lock box to a post near the night deposit slot that's in the side of the bank.
They taped a sign over the deposit slot that stated it was out of order and to use the secure metal box located nearby.
Someone late that night finally figured it was a scam and alerted the cops, but a lot of folks had gone right ahead and dropped off their cash deposits, only for the ripoffs to clean it out after they left.

The hardest of all things to believe is the abysmal depth of human stupidity. :s0125:

I think if they are going to do it, they should name it more accurately:
  • The "Gun Store" box
  • The "Free Guns" box
  • The "hide the evidence" box
At least 3 of their police officers must have had this reaction

:s0140:

Sounds legit. It's probably right next to the M4 vending machine, aka a "holder".. you know, the murderous cartels need the very best.
ouch

How long do you think it takes before people start doing things like, cutting the tops off the drop boxes to steal the guns that are inside?

Like Fast and Furious. its the Liberals way to keep funneling guns to the criminals and terrorists so they can keep their political agenda alive.

How long do you think it takes before people start doing things like, cutting the tops off the drop boxes to steal the guns that are inside?

Thugs and criminals go for easy targets. They wouldn't stand there and cut the top off. They would steal a car, run the box over to knock it free then throw it in the back of the stolen vehicle and drive off. They do that with ATM's and convenience stores too.

Imagine the Occupational Safety and Health requirements on this one....

The employee WILL ensure each firearm is unloaded before touching any firearm......

The employee WILL stand there on a street corner and place a zip tie in the breach of each firearm before securing the firearms....

The employee WILL stand there on a street corner and record each serial number before securing the firearms...

The employee WILL properly separate ammunition by caliber and composition (brass, plastic, copper, lead...oh no, lead) :eek:

The employee WILL have in his possession a lead handlers card, and have their blood drawn and tested after each deposit.

The employee WILL notify EOD if any grenades or WMDS are in the deposit box...oh no, WMDs...

The fire department, DEA, DHS, OSHA, FEMA, FBI, CIS, CID WILL be present during each deposit...

:oops:

I don't know why everyone thinks this is a bad idea, they could take these firearms and more easily give them to the cartels. In the past there was the whole CIA, Feds interfering:rolleyes:. Perhaps they can have next to the box a check out firearm as well after all its important we do not violate the rights of criminals and felons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top