JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pre 9-11 when non passengers were allowed at airport gates. I was standing in line for the metal detector when I realized I was carrying my Beretta. I had a sudden need to use the bathroom.
Close call!

Church, at a friends wedding. Her brother was a wacko and didn't approve of the groom! In the hospital room of my daughter in law while she was next door giving me a grandson!

Many of us on the groom's side carried our pistols at his wedding, including the groom. I gave the benediction with a Glock 17 on my hip.

I list this only because I see people mentioning churches and weddings... just didn't seem at all weird to us to be doing that. I personally carried to church every Sunday for years, till I all but stopped carrying entirely a little while ago.

Actually if the Switchblade was not crossing state lines there are no federal regulations directly concerning Switchblades and if this was in the State of Oregon where possession of a switchblade is legal (as long as not carried concealed) Then he was wrong to stop you. Since the case could be made that the pocket clip is what clued him into the knife then the knife wasn't concealed.

Assisted, switchblades, and Balisong type knives are illegal in WA UNLESS you're a emergency responder. Even Nun chucks are illegal here.
Guess I should also add: if the knife can open with a flick of the wrist it's illegal too. Guess I need to tighten my Benchmade Griptilion up then.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I'm with the 24/7 crowd, so it's hard to think of what's weird. I was also carrying at the capital several times this year, prepared to testify too.

Besides that I guess the next weirdest is my full size XD while snorkeling our coastal rivers. It's amazing how the fish really aren't afraid of you once you're in the water, and they sure didn't seem to be bothered by my open carrying either.

I carry at college all the time, I never see anyone else with one, but maybe that means they are just doing a good job of concealing. Need to get something small than my 1911 for concealing this summer. I'm thinking a wheel gun.

I carry everywhere, I've actually been in a hurry, gotten a few blocks from the house and had to turn back because I forgot my gun! Wondering why I felt so naked, it actually feels strange not to have it at all times. Always make sure I have a spare mag when I go to "soft target" locations, the bank, walmart, safeway, starbucks, theaters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top