JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Markey, a Democrat from Massachusetts, gave Facebook two weeks to respond to the letter, though the company isn't required to do so."

Dear Mr Markey, go piss up a rope.

Yours truly

Facebook

I had no idea. So Zuckerberg runs an actual FFL and distributes firearms? Do you go to a local Facebook store to pick up your guns? Is that like an App store?
Edit. That's sarcasm for those that didn't catch it.

What f-ing idiots. This sounds more like a straw man argument to limit freedom of speech. But the limitations won't apply to the Black Panthers, BLM, or ISIS.

Last Edited:
I like how Facebook bans gun sales but still, whenever I go on there, The ads that pop up on the side are for places that sell shooting supplies and firearms.

Pretty sure that's the browser using targeted ads based on your browsing history and not FB.

My daughter has come to me a few times, asking whether this or that gun is a good value (usually not). One of the times I asked, "where are you finding these ads?" She said, "Facebook." As I understand, it is done directly on FB from within groups. Whether they're private or not, I don't know.

My daughter has come to me a few times, asking whether this or that gun is a good value (usually not). One of the times I asked, "where are you finding these ads?" She said, "Facebook." As I understand, it is done directly on FB from within groups. Whether they're private or not, I don't know.
The article says that most of the gun trading groups are now marked "Secret" which is like "Private" only hidden, so the anti-gun people can't see the ads and don't report them. Apparently the only enforcement of the new rule is after a user reports a gun or ammunition posting.

On the local Facebook pages where people "comment" on firearms posted to look at the way it works is Dude A posts a photo of his firearm giving details and then asks for comments or discussion as a private message. It would be at that time things like price would be discussed as would any other questions about the firearm.

So its not even an actual ad on Facebook but only a solicitation for comment.

Not a violation of FB rules.

I belong to 2-3 of these types of Firearms "discussion" pages on FB. I hesitate to advertise them as they are trying their best to remain very quiet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top