JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After yet another lawsuit from a family upset by the lack of police response. The police argue in court, they are not obligated to respond. Unlike air traffic controllers. So when you life is on the line, it is up to you to save it.

This is why my answer to why I train, why I stay alert and why I carry all go back to the same simple and always valid argument. No one is obligated to help you and if they are on break or napping when bad things happen, you are on your own til they wake up.

Sleeping Cop Delayed Amber Alert on Murdered Washington Girl, Suit Claims - FoxNews.com

The city has argued that the Amber Alert system is voluntary, so it cannot be held liable for delays in something it is not required to do. It also pointed out that Zina was likely killed within minutes of being abducted.

SCOTUS has ruled that LEO's are not responsible to you as an individual to protect you, there job is to protect society as a whole. All the LEO has to do is point to the SCOTUS decision and they're off the hook.
No, I don't agree, but that's what SCOTUS has decreed.

Here's the cite: Police are under no legal obligation to provide protection for any individual. Courts have ruled the police have an obligation only to society as a whole. (Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1, 1981 )

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member

Last Edited:
But WTF does "protecting society as a whole" mean, if not to protect the thing that makes up that society....namely, individuals? That cite, that logic, is horribly flawed and is yet another example of how bad off our country is.

But WTF does "protecting society as a whole" mean, if not to protect the thing that makes up that society....namely, individuals? That cite, that logic, is horribly flawed and is yet another example of how bad off our country is.

My interpretation of "protecting society as a whole" stems from the inpracticality of the police being able to provide individual protection. Not only are there not enough police to provide individual protection but that mandate would also put them in a position of having to say "yes you can or no you can't" for each individuals decisions. Also, an individual protection mandate would also put them at the mercy of every citizen who felt they weren't protected enough and therefore would sue the police because they got their feelings hurt when the blue haired granny who can't see over the steering wheel cut them off in traffic.

me and a friend talked about this one day and her daughter was shocked
so i gave her a copy of the link and heheheheh she took it to school
and could not understand why in her politicle class the teacher was mad even though it gave case #'s and almost demanded
to know were she got it from lol i told her to fell free to give him my name and # and we will talk lol

Police Have No Duty to Protect Individuals
Police Have No Duty To Protect Individuals
by Peter Kasler

Self-Reliance For Self-Defense -- Police Protection Isn't Enough!

i have no problem with police not being legally obligated to protect any given person. i also have no problem with being able to fire your police department. funny how that's not an option, isnt it?

This stuff has been going on in New York for years
@men break into and apartment and rape a girl for hours while her roommate calls 911.
Roommate listens and thinks they are gone,goes down stairs to see them still there
Her turn.
Sued state (Maybe it was city,been 15years since I read it) of NY
Yep sorry we have no obligation to repond..................

But no you can't have a gun either.

It may sound cold,but it can't be that way or every looser would sue for the cops not responding to a car theft while they are at a shooting.

I see this suit as a valid complaint. I am very interested in seeing how Warren plays out in this case. A child abduction can be argued that a failure on law enforcements part puts others in society at risk.

Seems to me it depends on just what kind of fire you want to bring to your local department

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

My 2 c is the following joke:

Harry who was 88 years old calls 911 and says: "Come quick. There are 2 individuals who are in my shed trying to steal my mowing tractor."
The 911 operator responds: "Sorry sir ... we're very busy at the moment (...stuffing our face with doughnuts and coffee...) and we cannot come right now. Keep an eye on them and let us know what's happening."

Harry calls back 5 minutes later and says: "It's OK. I took care of the problem. I just shot both of them with my shotgun and tomorrow morning I will dig a hole in the woods and dump their bodies there" ... and hangs-up.

5 minutes later all the LEO in the county including 2 choppers and a SWAT team shows up at Harry's place. Harry comes out with his hands up and the cops caught the 2 individuals red-handed while they were trying to load Harry's tractor onto a trailer. One cop comes to Harry and asks him: "You said you shot them!!!", and Harry answers with his most sweet voice: "And you said you were busy ... I guess you're not that busy..."

I also love that saying: Why do I carry a gun? Because a cop is too heavy

Just my 2c.

the fact that every cop in the state showed up (following along with this hypothetical situation) is because they triage their calls. a shed burglary is NOT important enough to pull officers off the other shed burglaries they're already working on. murder, and likely an armed, barricaded suspect, on the other hand, definitely is.

My 2 c is the following joke:

Harry who was 88 years old calls 911 and says: "Come quick. There are 2 individuals who are in my shed trying to steal my mowing tractor."
The 911 operator responds: "Sorry sir ... we're very busy at the moment (...stuffing our face with doughnuts and coffee...) and we cannot come right now. Keep an eye on them and let us know what's happening."

Harry calls back 5 minutes later and says: "It's OK. I took care of the problem. I just shot both of them with my shotgun and tomorrow morning I will dig a hole in the woods and dump their bodies there" ... and hangs-up.

5 minutes later all the LEO in the county including 2 choppers and a SWAT team shows up at Harry's place. Harry comes out with his hands up and the cops caught the 2 individuals red-handed while they were trying to load Harry's tractor onto a trailer. One cop comes to Harry and asks him: "You said you shot them!!!", and Harry answers with his most sweet voice: "And you said you were busy ... I guess you're not that busy..."

I also love that saying: Why do I carry a gun? Because a cop is too heavy

Just my 2c.

Yeah, sounds like good fun, it wasn't when I gave it a try. Few years ago I heard what sounded like a pipe bomb detonate next door & since this was the second or third time I wanted the po-po to get it taken care of, unfortunately when I called po-po was real busy elsewhere. I told the operator to not worry, since I had my own gun, I would go & check it out for them. Couple of cars showed up about 5 min later, cops were very concerned about me & my gun, but unconcerned with the bomb that had been set off. I showed them my No Trespassing sign & requested they follow it's instructions & they told me "Next time we come over we'll bring our rifles". Of course I agreed and explained that I already had my rifles right here.

Great stuff bill,but maybe just tell them to forget the amm blance and bring the body bags,about 3 should do.

A guy in Graham Wa,of all places,had an on going beef with some bangers.He really wanted to shoot them.Stuff was about to get real,he told the wife to call 911,hang up,and don't answer the phone any more.
They got there pretty fast

And as it worked out,the sheriff deputy that he knew called him and told him to come up,WITH THE FAMILY,to Freddy's (meyer?).He went and learned he had a hit out on himself.

But the moral is call and hang up and don't answer or call for clean up in the front yard.
Don't mention any weapons.

Great stuff bill,but maybe just tell them to forget the amm blance and bring the body bags,about 3 should do.

A guy in Graham Wa,of all places,had an on going beef with some bangers.He really wanted to shoot them.Stuff was about to get real,he told the wife to call 911,hang up,and don't answer the phone any more.
They got there pretty fast

And as it worked out,the sheriff deputy that he knew called him and told him to come up,WITH THE FAMILY,to Freddy's (meyer?).He went and learned he had a hit out on himself.

But the moral is call and hang up and don't answer or call for clean up in the front yard.
Don't mention any weapons.

during my many rides, i can recall going to three or four calls before going to 911 hangups more than once... 911 hangups are actually pretty low on the triage totem... theres just way too many of them, and they rarely amount to anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top