JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of the time in a real self defense situation you need to dial 1911, not 911.. check this video out, it just made Drudge Report headlines (warning.. if you have high blood pressure you might not want to watch it)

LiveLeak.com - Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer

Call 911 in this situation and they will come with an ambulance and/or body bags but they certainly are not going to get there before you are dead or nearly dead

This must be a really fresh incident as I can't find any direct news links to where it happened. I'm curious what the state of the victim is.

she was likely dead within an hour of her abduction. her murderer, a prior sex-offender by the name of Terapon Adhahn, has been convicted of her murder and is currently serving life.

If you mean the story I posted it was in Baltimore, Maryland and is headline news on DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

The two attackers are not a threat to me, I could take them both out in 5 seconds but if you were a lady or old person, etc they could do a lot of damage. It appears they really were trying to kill their victim

Yeah, the 14 year old should be tried as an adult. There are some reports that the victim was transgender and her presence in the women's bathroom pissed off the two attackers. That is no justification for the beating. The worst part, in my opinion, is that no one sought to stop it untill the older woman took it upon herself to do it. Reprehensible.

Yeah, the 14 year old should be tried as an adult. There are some reports that the victim was transgender and her presence in the women's bathroom pissed off the two attackers. That is no justification for the beating. The worst part, in my opinion, is that no one sought to stop it untill the older woman took it upon herself to do it. Reprehensible.

Welcome to the Big City

If I called the Sheriffs & said some guys were blowing up the Major Electrical Grid Towers nearby & "They are Iranians" IT WOULD STILL TAKE THEM AN HOUR TO RESPOND (I live in Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County)

I see this suit as a valid complaint. I am very interested in seeing how Warren plays out in this case. A child abduction can be argued that a failure on law enforcements part puts others in society at risk.

Yes. As a practical matter it seems to me that it would be very easy in court to equate protecting an individual with protecting society as a whole. If you keep backing up and drawing a new line, and citizens on the wrong side of that line are injured how do you show that you are protecting the society that employs you? You cant really.
So 'To protect and to serve' will really be defined on a case by case basis in the courts but I think the position of the law is that they are indeed there to protect those whom they can reasonably get to in time.
In the case of the sleeping officer, the department would be obligated to defend itself as much as reasonably possible in order to limit financial injury. I would bet that the majority of fellow LEOs in that department are probably as disturbed by one of theirs sleeping on duty. IMHO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top