Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

You are all Invited !!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Frog, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

2. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to sit out front with me... with a stack of 100 dollar bills? Me thinks there might be some good deals to be had....
    ;)

3. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

No thanks, I'm going shooting that day.:D
    So sorry....NOT!!!!

4. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Dollars to donuts the criminals are putting the word out on the street that they will buy the guns for $50 plus. The street re-sale value of a stolen gun is alot more than the City is offering--in some instances the street sales price would be 6 times what the City is offering. It would be interesting to go and see just how successful the program is. At $100 there would be alot of bad guys as buyers who can turn around and triple their money.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

This statement does not make sense - how will they determine what is a 'Working Gun' as opposed to a
    Will not be prosecuted for what? Will those who are turning in guns be given a background check and if 'guilty' of something be given amnesty because they
    Someone help me understand this!

6. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Well I for one plan on getting and $50.00 gift card and treating myself to Burgerville for lunch.

7. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

S.O.P. for a gun turn-in (I don't like the word buy-back since they never owned them to begin with). You get to get rid of your murder weapon with no questions asked...and they pay you for it.

8. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy eating it knowing you have helped feed the anti's agenda. In that in the end you have strengthened their cause for a cheap burger.

Ideals for cheap.

9. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I disagree wholeheartedly. Burgerville is not cheap. They use only the best, locally grown products and are very environmentally friendly. I will eat it knowing only that I was hungry and it tasted delicious. Hopefully Fred Meyer will allow me to buy a pack of gum and cash out the rest which I will use to repair my old man's winchester 37 which is having light strike issues.

10. Saigashooter

Saigashooter Or coast Member

what else should I do with a pos 38spl revolver that the frame is jack up. any one want to pay me more than $50? just pm me

11. gehrheart

Guess I wouldn't really know as I have never eaten there. Sorry, moderately expensive burger then. (if it cost more then that for a burger, well, that would just be silly.)

12. gehrheart

Grinder up! throw it away. Offer it up for free.

principals are cheap I guess. I'll keep my values and you can enjoy a burger or something.

13. Markjz

Markjz Longview, WA Member

BB guns and air rifles?! really how many crimes are there involving those?

14. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I have a busted airsoft.. I wonder if that counts. Oh nope, I took it apart already.

I wish I had some dough to buy some guns from these people (if any show up)

15. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

I'm with you gehrheart,

I won't give them the satisfaction!

But I have 3 questions:

1. If the guns offered were truly 'non-working', I would assume this includes 'non-fixable', also. So then to what benefit is it to have them
    off the street?

2. How do they tell if the gun is non-working or non-fixable?

3. Then finally, if the purpose is really only to 'take the guns off the street', why is a working gun worth more than a non-working gun, if they are all going to be destroyed?

This is another bowl of Sam Adams crap in conjunction with Bloomburg's Mayors Against Guns agenda.

The humorous part of it is that Fred Myers stores now sell guns. So maybe it's a marketing idea. They can now offer you a $50 discount on your new gun!

I'd be into going down there, armed of course, and check out the action. Maybe it a sting!

Frog.

16. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

That would make sense. How could they be justified in potentially buying a murder weapon from a murderer and letting them walk? They really cant mean that.

17. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

It will look good for the photo op with Sammy showing just how many firearms were turned in and how much safer the streets of Portland will be,thanks to him. Of course they wont say that it will be the squirells and stray cats that will be safer and not you.

18. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

The irony is that heart disease aggravated by burger-munching kills far more Americans than firearms.

19. Douglas

Douglas Oregon Active Member

LOL #1 killer. They should offer a carton of cigarettes too. Then they can be trading you for the top four causes of death; heart disease, cancer, stroke, and lower respiratory disease.

20. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

...how?