JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for feedback on these. After a fair amount of research, they seem like a pretty good value to fill guns and tanks if one keeps them maintained and is a bit mechanically inclined. My pcp gun collection is going to be growing and even with a good hill hand pump I can see the need to have a compressor and a tank at some point. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to the pcp game.

I have had one for about a year. Works fine so far. I only fill my guns tanks with it. I do not have a scuba tank. So when I use it, it only runs for 1 minute or less at a time. It works good in my opinion. I cannot speak of how well it would fill a tank. From my research, the most common issue is the piston seals. Haven't had any issue so far. But I remember parts being available. Yes it is made in China. But from what I remember so are the name brand expensive ones

I have had one for about a year. Works fine so far. I only fill my guns tanks with it. I do not have a scuba tank. So when I use it, it only runs for 1 minute or less at a time. It works good in my opinion. I cannot speak of how well it would fill a tank. From my research, the most common issue is the piston seals. Haven't had any issue so far. But I remember parts being available. Yes it is made in China. But from what I remember so are the name brand expensive ones
Thanks for the input. Yeah I think it will last a long time without extended runs. I saw some tests showing a 10-11 minute fill time for a scba tank which is not bad. I think where you had access to running water the inlet hose hooked up to cold water and then let outlet go down drain would keep cylinder temps down for longer runs when filling a tank vs. recirculating with the aquarium pump setup. This likely would prolong it's life. I would likely find a semi permanent spot out in the shop near my utility sink just for this purpose.

Last Edited:
Mine came with a fish tank pump and hoses. Just fill a bucket and let the pump circulate even after you are done pumping
Yep probably fine for short fills but on a extended run like for a scba tank fill, that water will get warm recirculating in the bucket and cause the compressor to run hotter.

I am having so much fun with my Hatsan flashpup in .22 cal, I have decided to buy another pcp gun in .25 caliber so the compressor is on hold for now. The flash pup only requires about 50 strokes of the hand pup to top off and keep in optimal range so it is pretty manageable. New gun should be similar.

I wouldn't buy a compressor that requires a bucket of ice water.

I'd rather shoot than screw around with just getting ready to shoot. :)

I don't have a PCP gun yet but have been eyeing a few.

After watching vids of guys using a hand pump I'm gonna have to pass on that option.
A large refillable tank is not something I want to deal with so have been looking at compressors.

Dual power seems to be the best option for me, able to use them anywhere you have 110 VAC or a 12 volt DC battery.
Like this one.

I watched a few videos on it and it seems to be holding up well.
It takes several cycles to fill a large tank but it's not made for that.
Seems to completely charge and top off the guns tank quick enough.

Some air guns need, and use more air than others. For instance, a air force Texan in .45 or .50 need refill way more often than any .22/.25 caliber gun. Unless you like hand pumping every 5-6 shots, the compressor is worth the effort of filling a bucket of water. Not sure about you guys, but that takes about 20 seconds to do

I am looking for feedback on these. After a fair amount of research, they seem like a pretty good value to fill guns and tanks if one keeps them maintained and is a bit mechanically inclined. My pcp gun collection is going to be growing and even with a good hill hand pump I can see the need to have a compressor and a tank at some point. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to the pcp game.
Here is an alternative. Very convenient and transportable.I got one of these in Jan. Works great It is a 12 V system and uses an inverter for household current to 12 v. If the inverter is removed, the unit can be operated to fill an airgun tank from a nauto battery if the engine is running. Air cooled, a cooling fan constantly runs if it is on power.
Fills my 25 cal 490cc airgun tank from 100bar to 250 bar in about 5 minutes. Enough for 50 shots at full power (38 gr slug at 900 fps and 75 fp muzzle energy.)
It isn't designed to fill a big air tank, but might work if it is run for 5-30 min at a time and allowed to cool off.
Here's the amazon link https://tinyurl.com/yj4phnd7

Last Edited:
Many ways to skin the cat. I bought my
Yong heng on eBay to my door for under
$300. I use it on larger caliber air guns and smaller caliber as well. I have had my fun doing the hand pump. I still use hand pump when I go somewhere with the air guns. But at home, you can't beet the compressor.

I realize that it may not be for everybody. If you are trying to fill a tank to go to the range with, then have a scuba shop locally is
The best bet. The yong heng and similar are not meant to fill big tank. But they fill the air guns tanks pretty well in my experience.

Looks like as the PCP's keep getting better and much more popular the compressors are too. Which is great. I had looked at a PCP several times. I know if I do buy one I will probably buy a "cheaper" hand pump just to have in case but certainly will buy a compressor and a larger tank to have. What many seem to miss is the compressor will "top off" the larger tank. The smaller compressors are not made with the idea of filling SCUBA tanks on a regular basis but, for those with a PCP they do not need to empty the larger tank all the time. The idea to me at least is the large tank is to fill and top off the smaller. Then top off the large tank when needed so you keep a supply of air ready to go for fun when you are ready.

I got one of these today. From the reviews looks like its made by Yong Heng. If not they seem to be making a clone. In any case I bought it from Amazon as a just in case. Since that way if it did not work I could just get my money back.

[h3][/h3]

Orion Motor Tech High-Pressure Electric Air Compressor Pump with Pressure Gauge, 4500 PSI/30 MPa /300 BAR Air Pump for Air Rifle PCP Airgun Paintball Scuba Fill Station for Fire Fighting and Diving

Set it up and played with it a little. Seems fine. After running it a while like they said I hooked it up to a 48 CI tank. Took only a few minutes to put 2K PSI in it. Since I had it sitting on the kitchen counter I stopped there, Wife was watching TV :D
It's not over the top loud. For $300 if it lasts a year or two I would be fine with it. Beats hell out of using a hand pump. Since I will be buying a PCP air rifle this thing looks to be the ticket. Will invest in a larger tank too. Instructions claim it will fill a large bottle no problem as long as you do not let it get too hot.

So far so good. 4 months old and maybe 15 gun fills. I got a 6 L l fiberglass tank and await a regulator to try the pump with it. Being careful to let the pump cool after each 5-10 minutes of pumping. Will report later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top