JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to try a different mounting solution I would recommend the Plan B style mounts and would go with Rearden for the brand over Q and other manufacturers. Have Keymo and wish I didn't. My only remaining keymo will be my Sandman S and whatever rifle I dedicate it to. The system is heavy and adds unneeded length.
And KeyMo is way too expensive for what it is.

Okay I'll check those out. Are they QD mounts and what type of brakes can you use with them? I'm running all YHM brakes and a flash hider on my 9mm carbine.
They are a taper lock. So in the sense of the word yes they are QD but they really just screw on but don't use a ratcheting mechanism or latching system. There are much more eloquent descriptions of how and why they work. There is an ever growing assortment of plan B muzzle devices with many variations of muzzle breaks and flash hiders. I can take mine off in about the same amount of time as keymo or YHM Phantom.

Did a little digging online. Mostly Reddit. Seams like YHM was trying to charge a handful of folks for repairs to their damaged cans they sent in. They also asked that the barrel be sent in as well. Appears many have taken to canceling YHM for this.

I'll have to go and find my older YHM can box and read the warranty. I am not 100% sure it was a "no questions asked" type warranty. If it was, then I can understand the outrage. That's a key selling point for a lifetime purchase. I say lifetime purchase as suppressors are just that, a lifetime purchase. Having the added security of a manufacture fixing it if you happen to screw something up is a nice extra. It also is a reason folks will buy one brand over the other.

Im uncertain to the other side of this story as YHM hasn't really been public about this issue yet, mostly folks sharing their emails or phone conversations.

I don't know, it's a hard line to stand on that's for sure. On one side, I get it, I wouldn't want everyone sending in cans that were clearly damaged due to user error. On the other side, if you offered a "no questions asked" warranty, you SHOULD honor that, or at least to those that bought cans when it was in place.

Did a little digging online. Mostly Reddit. Seams like YHM was trying to charge a handful of folks for repairs to their damaged cans they sent in. They also asked that the barrel be sent in as well. Appears many have taken to canceling YHM for this.

I'll have to go and find my older YHM can box and read the warranty. I am not 100% sure it was a "no questions asked" type warranty. If it was, then I can understand the outrage. That's a key selling point for a lifetime purchase. I say lifetime purchase as suppressors are just that, a lifetime purchase. Having the added security of a manufacture fixing it if you happen to screw something up is a nice extra. It also is a reason folks will buy one brand over the other.

Im uncertain to the other side of this story as YHM hasn't really been public about this issue yet, mostly folks sharing their emails or phone conversations.

I don't know, it's a hard line to stand on that's for sure. On one side, I get it, I wouldn't want everyone sending in cans that were clearly damaged due to user error. On the other side, if you offered a "no questions asked" warranty, you SHOULD honor that, or at least to those that bought cans when it was in place.
They could include an "unconditional warranty", but they'd have to bake it into their production costs, which (like all business license fees and taxes do), gets passed on to the end-use consumer via an increased purchase price.

They could include an "unconditional warranty", but they'd have to bake it into their production costs, which (like all business license fees and taxes do), gets passed on to the end-use consumer via an increased purchase price.
And just like insurance, the group bares the increased cost to cover the few who have to use an "unconditional warranty".

When you think about what causes the problems/reasons people return a can for warranty service. Almost always, IMO, its caused by the owner. Its not properly locked down and gets shot off the muzzle, using a larger caliber than the can is rated for, loose fits lead to baffle strikes, mis-strikes on the end cap exit hole, etc etc etc. Most production suppressors are not user-serviceable. If they are going to charge for service they should have a list of replacement parts and what they charge listed somewhere.

I know that SilencerCo uses the tag line "We only fix stupid once." A bit of a nebulous warranty but understandable. I wish that front end caps were less expensive than they are ($60-75 !!). (I'd like to see Ti removable baffle to enable better cleaning options, but I digress!)

Sometimes I wish that I had cheaper toys to play in my toy chest!

Good deal? Good website?
Seems like a decent deal, but you'll have to pay an NFA transfer fee at most local dealers that will put it above the current listed price with silencer shop. If you find a store that works with silencer shop you don't have to worry about that additional cost.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top