JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before I buy a couple of these QD adapters . Anybody here, have used both models, The Phantom and the Kurz . on the ( 1 3/8" x 24 ) QD adapters ?

I know Kurz is a little shorter length design than the Phantom . but..
Am I missing something big here that makes them really different ? ,
Is one recommended by YH, better for AR than Boltaction ? .. or is one more user friendly, or structurally stronger, or better design, over the other ?
-

Have had both, if you are set on sticking with the YHM system the Kurz is the only way to go. It is lighter and shorter. The can is the weak link when you are talking strength and determines caliber and barrel length restrictions not the muzzle device/adapter as it pertains to your situation. Both YHM systems use the same retention mechanism, the Phantom adapter can work on Kurz muzzle devices but not the other way around if I remember correctly unless you have a super long blast chamber.

I dumped all my YHM QD adapters and muzzle devices and went to Plan B, started with the Q brand but have since switched to Rearden plan b adapters and muzzle devices. The sale of my YHM parts covered the majority of the cost for rearden plan b adapters and muzzle devices. Have zero regrets about my choice and enjoy compatibility of muzzle devices and adapters across a wide range of guns and cans. I hate proprietary brand lock in.

The only problem with the K is you can't run the longer muzzle brakes on it. It has to be K muzzle brake with K can adapter. The longer brakes and flash hiders will hit the blast baffle if used with the K end cap. Earlier YHM stuff will only work on the longer muzzle devices as they mate up with part of them for concentricity. The newer ones don't need that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top