JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
went out to brown camp yesterday to test a few guns and some ammo we worked up. we were just about to the quarry but there was a truck sliding down the hill right for us. we backed up a little and this happened.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

on the video it doesnt look like it is bad as it really was, there was about a 30' drop on the passenger side.
the dodge was connected to the jeep with a winch from the jeep and wrapped around a little tree to our truck.
there was no way in hell that i thought we were getting out of this, i was positive we were gonna roll down the hill

on a lighter note i think i fixed my 10-22 with a new higher tension hammer spring it cycled and fired both types of ammo i tested in it (cyclones and champions)
but my roomates AR10 is still haveing stovepipe issues. this will be the third time he has had to send it in on warranty since he got it about 4 months ago. you'd think a 2400$ rifle would work a little better then that.

went out to brown camp yesterday to test a few guns and some ammo we worked up. we were just about to the quarry but there was a truck sliding down the hill right for us. we backed up a little and this happened.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

on the video it doesnt look like it is bad as it really was, there was about a 30' drop on the passenger side.
the dodge was connected to the jeep with a winch from the jeep and wrapped around a little tree to our truck.
there was no way in hell that i thought we were getting out of this, i was positive we were gonna roll down the hill

Sheesh that looked bad enough on video. You are hardcore when it comes to shooting in that kind of snow. Looked pretty cold. Guess I am just getting old.

yeah there was one point where the back driver side tire came about 2' off the ground. we did have another truck chained to the back at one time too but we realized that was a very bad idea because if we would have went off we would have pulled the other truck on top of us

We did this a while back with a 55K Dump truck that the driver backed up over the crown of a road we were building. the D8 just broke the chain so they left the thing there over night with the truck sitting at about a 40 degree angle. of course the next morning with a bigger chain and the Sheepsfoot compactor attached to the side of the truck so the *** couldn't rotate we pulled it right out.

We did this a while back with a 55K Dump truck that the driver backed up over the crown of a road we were building. the D8 just broke the chain so they left the thing there over night with the truck sitting at about a 40 degree angle. of course the next morning with a bigger chain and the Sheepsfoot compactor attached to the side of the truck so the *** couldn't rotate we pulled it right out.

that is scary stuff! it was bad enough with a full size truck, i couldnt imagine having to pull a dump truck out of that situation. at the start we had the winch hooked to the front of the truck and it was tied around the boulder that you see next to the tow strap and another truck chained to the back. we decided that wasnt a good idea and the boulder didnt have enough weight to it to pull the truck up so we wrapped it around a little 6" wide tree behind it and hooked the winch up to the frame right under the driver door (more in the middle of the truck) thats how we finally got out.
thank god for all the helpful people out there yesterday. the guy that pulled us out spent another 3 hours or so winching people down the hill right when you pull off highway 6 to browns camp. he was definately a life saver to say the least

I am currently restoring a 1948 Willys CJ-2A and while I want a winch I really don't want one attached to the front of the Jeep all the time so I am looking into Chainsaw winches that will also allow more flexability in its use.

Coolest winch I ever seen was when I was a teenager a farmer I worked for had a friend stop by the Bean field we were moving pipe in and had a 60-62 Willys Wagon and on the front was a winch powered by a 3hp Reo horizontal shaft lawn mower type engine. He had it water proofed so even if it went into a river as long as it was out of the water he could run it. He said best part was you could winch with an engine that wouldn't run a PTO that wouldn't engage (lots of Jeeps had PTO winches) or a dead battery you could get unstuck. He showed us a photo of it with the Wagon hanging from the cable with the rear bumper a few feet off the ground and him sitting on the grill,. They had done it as a stunt. He worked for a big construction company and the winch was attached to the bucket on some huge gantry like thing.

nope, no chains. we didnt really expect it to be that bad up there. we also didnt expect a truck to be sliding right for us, lesson learned there!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top