JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been bad in cities since man existed.
Seattle sucks.
Of course.If you have nothing,where are you gunna live? Over by Caveman and have him shooing you out of the driveway?
Or in the city where all they can do is move you along and you have thousands of potential targets for pick pocketing or begging.The money comes to you.
And Cave and his neighbors aren't bleeding hearts worried about feeding you,they tell you to get a job!
Downtown they understand your plight as a homeless person. Society has done this to you.
It's no fault of your own:rolleyes:
I guess our sheriff used to ask these type folks which way they were heading and was courteous enough to give them a ride! To the county line lol

I used to (2008) work at Westlake Park and would sometimes go to the market. It wasn't too bad, but there were a lot of kids hanging around in the open area there and they would sometimes try to hassle people, even me (at 6'6" and 250# I don't often have anybody want to try to take me on), but it wasn't too bad.

When I took a different job right by Kobe Terrace, on the edge of the international district, I noticed it was much worse. Lot of homeless, used syringes laying around, people open defecating and camping almost anywhere, higher crime (our office was broken into) - just a lot more gritty.

I don't care for downtown Seattle at all, I don't care for any city actually - which is why I now live on 20 forested acres on a mountain - but Seattle is worse than Portland, and definitely worse than the suburbs like Bellevue or Beaverton. No way I would live there, and no way I would go back to work there - besides the long commute into town, it just depressed me to be there.

Visiting the market once in a while, or going to one of the good restaurants was fun - for an hour or two - but working there, never again.

In the afternoon last month my family was waiting for me to get the car outside of the Westlake shopping center when an assault occurred. They did not see it, but my 16 year old overheard the police talking to the suspect. A middle-aged Asian man was walking behind a mentally unstable Black man. The Black guy turned around suddenly, punched the Asian man in the forehead (yes the victim was about a foot shorter) and shouted "Why are you following me?"

The Asian man sat down on a bench and called 911. The Black man walked half a block and sat down on the bench next to my son and started smoking. Now none of my family saw the assault so they had no idea the Black guy was dangerous.

The police show up and surround the Asian guy. A few minutes later they all come over and start talking to the Black guy who my son said stated he was justified in his actions because the Asian man was following him. My family moved off the bench and piled into the car as I pulled up with a "Boy do I have a story for you".

but working there, never again.
I joined the Operating engineers in Tacoma 30+ years ago.Near 40 now.
Then I quit and did other things, then rejoined the seattle hall.
Then back to Tacoma cause I didn't want to work 50+ miles north of seattle when I lived in Tacoma
Anyway,I was working out by Canyon road on a job and the boss says "hey we got a couple great jobs up in Snohomish and Everett "
I said great,have fun up there. ???? You don't want to go?
I don't get paid for the 3-4 hours of commute to or from that area so no.
I would only go as far as Federal way or maybe Auburn.I would tell them to just lay me off.
Heck I wouldn't even go there for Christmas cause by the time I got to relatives' houses I wanted to kill a few folks.Didn't make it much of a holiday season for me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top