JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just when you've decided you have enough 2.5" 66s...

There I was, wandering through a small show south of Reno, carrying a frankengun AR15 that I had $400-$450 invested. I wasn't there very long when I stumbled upon a table that had a nice 66-2, with a price tag of $850 - it included the original magnas and Hogue bantams. As I was leaving the table, the seller asked if I was interested in the 66 and, if so, that he would trade for my AR. biggrin.gif
She's tight and has no apparent flame cutting. She had a few beauty marks, but it was nothing a little Mother's, a soft cloth and a set of Eagle Secret Service grips couldn't fix. Still need to dress the yoke screw

The ole girl cleaned up nicely.

6B2BDEE8-DE9B-41A8-B4C2-37AC48916FD7.jpeg F7C27527-F808-4489-90C7-D705123E2275.jpeg

A fair swap, but I'm sure he will have an easier time selling the AR-15 thanthe revolver.
You did very well. With regard to the ease of the new owner selling the AR over the Smith that might be subjective. The 2.5 " 66s are very deserible - especially the lower dash numbers. A local Pawn shop/LGS has one long rack dedicated to used ARs (that don't seem to move) but nice Classic Smiths don't last too long.

A fair swap, but I'm sure he will have an easier time selling the AR-15 than the revolver.

Hard to say. However, due to market saturation, top $ for a Frankengun AR would have been $600ish, where the 66 would easily go for $750 to $900, even more for P&R models, in my neck of the woods.

If I put both on Armslist, at $750+ the 66 would likely be gone before lunch - I sold a -2 a month ago for that amount. The AR could languish there for months at $600, perhaps not selling for that much.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads