JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a few years back during archery season near the oregon coast i ran into a yellowjacket and hour later,bald face hornets nest in the same day. never being stung by either i was scared i was gonna die. 37 stings. next morning it was pointless to hunt. every 'buzz' i took off runnin. i hate them all.

Yep. Hell in a handbasket.

monsterwasp-s.gif

a few years back during archery season near the oregon coast i ran into a yellowjacket and hour later,bald face hornets nest in the same day. never being stung by either i was scared i was gonna die. 37 stings. next morning it was pointless to hunt. every 'buzz' i took off runnin. i hate them all.

I stepped on an old log with a yellowjacket nest inside when I was about 12. By the time I realized they were there, they were covering both of my legs. I was wearing pants, but they got through them. I started running, screaming when a neighbor saw me and grabbed me, ripping my pants off and beating the yellowjackets away. I was stung dozens of times, all over, including the top of my head. I've been very leery of them ever since, and I'm usually the first to leave the area if they are around. I never want to go through that again.

Bald face hornets are worse. A clue... don't ever shoot one of those paper nests. They will come at you like buckshot and will follow a bullet trail for a long ways to get you. And the little B..... sting you at about 40 mph.

Each little tick you hear is a Hornet sting as they hit the camera. Now exchange the camera for you and that is what they will do. They will follow you in your vehicle for 5 miles down the road. Don't ask me how I know....
These evil sobs don't just land and sting you like a yellowjacket they hit you like the bees in the cartoons and drive that venom home at speed. Evil is not strong enough word to describe them. Stay way clear of them...
Or don't LOL

Bald face hornets are worse. A clue... don't ever shoot one of those paper nests. They will come at you like buckshot and will follow a bullet trail for a long ways to get you. And the little B..... sting you at about 40 mph.
um yeah i walked right into the nest... bad day. those buggers are ruthless. luckily i had got married a few days before(two weeks before bow season ;) premeditated) and my cousin hooked me up with a bottle of pendleton that made it into the woods with me

Each little tick you hear is a Hornet sting as they hit the camera. Now exchange the camera for you and that is what they will do. They will follow you in your vehicle for 5 miles down the road. Don't ask me how I know....
These evil sobs don't just land and sting you like a yellowjacket they hit you like the bees in the cartoons and drive that venom home at speed. Evil is not strong enough word to describe them. Stay way clear of them...
Or don't LOL

'BEE safe ' when dealin with one of these hives. im thinkin flaming arrow from 80yrd then get in the truck and gunnit.

'BEE safe ' when dealin with one of these hives. im thinkin flaming arrow from 80yrd then get in the truck and gunnit.

I guarantee they will follow the flight of that arrow straight to you and then about half way home too..
It will sound like a full auto bb gun hitting your windows.

I guarantee they will follow the flight of that arrow straight to you and then about half way home too..
It will sound like a full auto bb gun hitting your windows.
dont doubt it for 1 sec. i ran for about 1/4 mile and my huntin buddy is all 'WTF??!?' im all BEEEEES!!!!! dude RUN!!!Tommy boy style. when it was all said and done hes all 'im gonna punch you in the face if you run at me with hornets again'

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top