JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else notice the crazy amount of Yellowjackets in the woods lately? I went out to go shoot today and couldn't even get out of the truck! As soon as I pulled up to the local shooting pit my truck was swarmed by what looked like at least 80-100 bees. Anybody have any good tricks to avoiding them this time of year?

Stay in your truck?
Mid 70's or so I was deer hunting out of enterprise. Like living in a hive, the yellow Jackets made it miserable cooking lunch. Back in camp at dusk, I somehow had still not been stung but was so exasperated by the bees I didn't want to try cook dinner even though the night fall had abated them. Fortunately I was unsuccessful opening day, I could not envision skinning my game with those buggers so heavy, I pulled camp in the morning and left. I had no option to relocate to a possibly better area as the section I drew was small in public size, Add to that, I am allergic to bees. Next year I bought a tent with window and door screening. Of coarse there were few bees that year.

Look at the bright side.

giant-hornet.jpg

Either that or wouldn't go anywhere without a shotgun loaded with buckshot for those nasty critters. I hear they are being found as far away as Great Britain now. Nasty bastards.

Sounds like it would be fun shooting them, um..............................OVER THERE !:cool:

Channeling Marlin Perkins, brought to you by Mutual of Omaha.

"Little is known about the Asian Giant Hornet.. BECAUSE THEY'LL FREAKING KILL YOU!"

lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top