JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Home service from our neigborly Washington County Sheriff Office.
:s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112:

Yeee-Haaaaw - It's Time for the Loose Round Round-Up!
Attention Hunters

Loose-Round-Round-Up.jpg

It happens. You fall in love with your new gun and your old one gets the cold shoulder. It's natures way, but it leaves boxes of unwanted ammunition just lying around. There is help. Did you know the Sheriff's Office will remove those hazards from your home?

Squirrel-passant.jpg

Call your friendly neighborhood deputy at (503) 629-0111 and arrange for unwanted ammunition to be picked up for destruction or possibly for training. That's right—no need to leave the house. (In fact, we ask that you not bring live ammo to a government building!)

Don't delay—if you clean your shelves off now, your wife may let you get that other gun for Christmas!

Sheriff's Office News

Here is a chance for those of you who swear by their nines to give up your 40's and help smokey save a penny or two in training ammo.:s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

Hmm, the cops coming to your door to round up ammunition...what could go wrong with that?

How about they worry about crimes, gangs and policing themselves. We'll worry about our stray ammo.

You guys mock, but its actually a decent program. Not necessarily for the reason they list, but several of my LEO friends have picked up ammo from widows who have no idea what to do with their late spouses stuff. If properly applied, its a good thing. There are possibilities for abuse, but those possibilities exist in almost everything these days.

Interesting I see the OP's point of view and how in a narrow way this could be a good thing.

Personally I have always retained any ammo I come across one never knows when a person might aquire a new firearm in a caliber not already shot. Or if one is to be of a mind to worry about SHTF stuff. Having a box or two of ammo not required could be a nice trading commodity.

Maybe the Neighbor watching your back has a firearm that would use that odd stuff you happen to have. Not like it takes up much room.

You guys mock, but its actually a decent program. Not necessarily for the reason they list, but several of my LEO friends have picked up ammo from widows who have no idea what to do with their late spouses stuff. If properly applied, its a good thing. There are possibilities for abuse, but those possibilities exist in almost everything these days.

I don't mock, I just think government and it's entities get involved in too many things they should stay out of. This kind of stuff are the reasons our taxes are so danged high! The police should concern themselves with policing. If there is a scourge of loose rounds running amok then you or I should start a program to gather them up...not give gov't yet another reason to peek in your doorway.

I don't mock, I just think government and it's entities get involved in too many things they should stay out of. This kind of stuff are the reasons our taxes are so danged high! The police should concern themselves with policing. If there is a scourge of loose rounds running amok then you or I should start a program to gather them up...not give gov't yet another reason to peek in your doorway.

They aren't saying that they're going to demand all your loose rounds. If you have reason not to want them in your house, don't invite them. But there are instances where this is a valuable public service. You may not want to turn over your loose rounds to them, I probably won't either. But because most of us have the desire to keep every piece of ammo we get, that doesn't mean other people won't have a need for this program.

They aren't saying that they're going to demand all your loose rounds. If you have reason not to want them in your house, don't invite them. But there are instances where this is a valuable public service. You may not want to turn over your loose rounds to them, I probably won't either. But because most of us have the desire to keep every piece of ammo we get, that doesn't mean other people won't have a need for this program.

I see the use for it too. I've had a couple people call me to dispose of ammo because they didn't know what to do with it. Luckily, all fit something I owned.

Well, there lies the rub. If one is dealing with law enforcement, the possibility of abuse should be about zero, if they were the upstanding public servents they are supposed to be.

Most are. The problem is that the ones we hear about are the jackasses with no business wearing a badge. And even one of those guys is too many. But a program like this allows police to have positive interactions with the public. The more of those they have, the more the public feels like getting involved, maybe doing the citizen's academy or going on a ride-a-long. The more good citizens get involved the less room there will be for the bad cops...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top