Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Yeee-Haaaaw - It's Time for the Loose Round Round-Up!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by civilian75, Oct 18, 2011.

1. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Home service from our neigborly Washington County Sheriff Office.
    :laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

Here is a chance for those of you who swear by their nines to give up your 40's and help smokey save a penny or two in training ammo.:bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh::laugh:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So I have bought and sold a gun and don't know what to do with the left over ammo?

Apparently they didn't really think this out.
    Funny stuff

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Gosh, you know, instead of everybody calling them, why not just send it all to me and then I'll call him?

What a maroon....What a nin-cow-poop

4. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Hmm, the cops coming to your door to round up ammunition...what could go wrong with that?

How about they worry about crimes, gangs and policing themselves. We'll worry about our stray ammo.

mjbskwim, Rascals, Trlsmn and 3 others like this.
  5. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

:laugh:

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

You guys mock, but its actually a decent program. Not necessarily for the reason they list, but several of my LEO friends have picked up ammo from widows who have no idea what to do with their late spouses stuff. If properly applied, its a good thing. There are possibilities for abuse, but those possibilities exist in almost everything these days.

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Interesting I see the OP's point of view and how in a narrow way this could be a good thing.

Personally I have always retained any ammo I come across one never knows when a person might aquire a new firearm in a caliber not already shot. Or if one is to be of a mind to worry about SHTF stuff. Having a box or two of ammo not required could be a nice trading commodity.

Maybe the Neighbor watching your back has a firearm that would use that odd stuff you happen to have. Not like it takes up much room.

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

I don't mock, I just think government and it's entities get involved in too many things they should stay out of. This kind of stuff are the reasons our taxes are so danged high! The police should concern themselves with policing. If there is a scourge of loose rounds running amok then you or I should start a program to gather them up...not give gov't yet another reason to peek in your doorway.

9. MountainBear

They aren't saying that they're going to demand all your loose rounds. If you have reason not to want them in your house, don't invite them. But there are instances where this is a valuable public service. You may not want to turn over your loose rounds to them, I probably won't either. But because most of us have the desire to keep every piece of ammo we get, that doesn't mean other people won't have a need for this program.

10. moose

Well, there lies the rub. If one is dealing with law enforcement, the possibility of abuse should be about zero, if they were the upstanding public servents they are supposed to be.

11. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I see the use for it too. I've had a couple people call me to dispose of ammo because they didn't know what to do with it. Luckily, all fit something I owned.

12. MountainBear

Most are. The problem is that the ones we hear about are the jackasses with no business wearing a badge. And even one of those guys is too many. But a program like this allows police to have positive interactions with the public. The more of those they have, the more the public feels like getting involved, maybe doing the citizen's academy or going on a ride-a-long. The more good citizens get involved the less room there will be for the bad cops...

13. moose

Lets just say I disagree and leave it there.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  14. MountainBear

Probably a good idea, lest this thread deteriorate into an "all cops are evil" argument...

moose and (deleted member) like this.